Logan, Bo and the Buckeyes

MPhillips

Logan Stieber will step into an assistant coach position and will continue to be the head of the Ohio Regional Training Center. Bo Jordan has been elevated to an assistant coach after serving the last three seasons as the volunteer assistant. ✌️

I personally would've liked to see OSU add someone from outside the program. Nothing against Logan or Bo but a fresh set of eyes and technique could be helpful to this team. And someone from the outside might've expanded OSU's recruiting footprint but I hope I'm wrong. Go Bucks
I don't disagree but that pool of assistants isn't deep with guys looking to leave their programs. I can't name a better wrestler/Asst. than Logan who would consider leaving for OSU?

Best Asst. coaches in the country would be a good list to make. ✌️

I don't disagree but that pool of assistants isn't deep with guys looking to leave their programs. I can't name a better wrestler/Asst. than Logan who would consider leaving for OSU?

Best Asst. coaches in the country would be a good list to make. ✌️

I guess I truly don't know who's available. I like the Logan hire but would personally like to see the program start to phase the Jordans out. But I don't get t see what's happening in the room. Bo could be a great instructor of the sport.

I guess my biggest concern is we have the same problems every single year. How does the team fix those problems if they never go outside for ideas and instruction?

I guess I truly don't know who's available. I like the Logan hire but would personally like to see the program start to phase the Jordans out. But I don't get t see what's happening in the room. Bo could be a great instructor of the sport.

I guess my biggest concern is we have the same problems every single year. How does the team fix those problems if they never go outside for ideas and instruction?
I don't know either, I wasn't being rhetorical. Honest question.

I take it the Buckeyes weren't able to convince Cael Sanderson to take an assistant coaching position. He's on the way down with Iowa taking the national championship this past year. Seems that sentiment has happened in the past at another program, but can't remember exactly where that was....

I know nothing of what the room looks like day to day... BUT they have to have a big guy in there. If Bo is that guy, it makes perfect sense... Are there other options? Sure, but there is something to be said about loyalty.
But who are they? Haven't had any names mentioned yet...

But who are they? Haven't had any names mentioned yet...

I think there's the assumption (myself included) that there would be guys from other staffs that would love the opportunity to jump to a staff on a bigger/higher ranked program. I have no clue who may be available or were even interested. Nor do I have a recommendation to help their needs. The blaring problem is the Buckeyes are awful on bottom. It's not a couple guys, it's a full lineup issue. But how many guys are known for their bottom wrestling? The top level guys who typically get into coaching don't spend a lot of time there.

From what I've been told, Illinois is after a huge hire... if they could pull it off. Not my place to state who the masked man is, but my gut says it doesn't happen. However, that hire, would be a huge addition to any program, including Ohio State. The problem with OSU, is that it's tough for them to go outside their circle, because they have produced some great wrestlers. But, as it has been pointed out, a different perspective is often needed to generate a different result. Either way, they aren't going anywhere... they have a great staff and phenomenal recruits.

From what I've been told, Illinois is after a huge hire... if they could pull it off. Not my place to state who the masked man is, but my gut says it doesn't happen. However, that hire, would be a huge addition to any program, including Ohio State.
They need one. Poeta was a highly rated assistant. Almost impossible to fill his shoes.
Are you surmising this, 'hire' would go to the Buckeyes but not Illinois?

Why so much negative posts on Bo. If you spend 10 minutes with him you would know what an outstanding young man he is and how humble he is. Plus he has been around great coaches/programs his entire life. The kid is a winner in life and a great person.
Haters gonna hate. On flo recently a question was asked if one wrestler could have had an injury free career, who would you choose. Would love to have seen how it worked out if Bo or Hunter had been injury free. So many injuries and they both still won like crazy. But what do I know, the armchair qb’s that love to bash young men clearly know more than any of us or the coaching staffs ?

Haters gonna hate. On flo recently a question was asked if one wrestler could have had an injury free career, who would you choose. Would love to have seen how it worked out if Bo or Hunter had been injury free. So many injuries and they both still won like crazy. But what do I know, the armchair qb’s that love to bash young men clearly know more than any of us or the coaching staffs ?
My go-to line as a Buckeye homer was, "Wait till Hunter gets back!" He finished 6th as a freshman, then entered the 2013 NCAAs as a #1 seed but lost a close match (7-6) in the semis and finished 3rd. After RSing in 2014 he got hurt in December and was never the same. He Q'ed in 2015 but was 0-2 at NCAAs and didn't Q in 2016.

I think Bo also got hurt his JR year after two 3rd place finishes. He still had his best finish that year losing to Mark Hall in OT in the finals. The injury seemed to worsen the next year and he missed several matches and dropped to 5th at NCAAs.

Hmmm. Anyone want to take a guess??
Screenshot_20210927-082950_Facebook.jpg

Suriano...:cool:
That was actually the initial thought, but very highly doubt it. And as talented as he is, dunno how I'd feel about it. I've been out of the loop of who's in the portal for a while. Perhaps a Northwestern guy? Can't really see that either for academic reasons.

That was actually the initial thought, but very highly doubt it. And as talented as he is, dunno how I'd feel about it. I've been out of the loop of who's in the portal for a while. Perhaps a Northwestern guy? Can't really see that either for academic reasons.
No one new in the 'Portal' that I've seen? NU's big Frosh recruit went to OK, academic reasons be damned.
New head RTC coach or Suriano. That's all I've got...

Bo!!!!!!!!!!!! ...but not of the Jordan sort.

And, yes, Nic, but not of the Soriano sort. ;-)
Nic Bouzakis (Wyoming Seminary/Florida) committed to Ohio State this morning. Flowrestling's #3 overall recruit and #1 at 132, Nic is an absolute hammer and (in my opinon) can compete immediately on the college level. Big time get for the Buckeyes, now with two of the top three recruits in the country along with heavyweight Nick Feldman.