Lima Sr. vs Troy

Stirred not Shaken

What a difference a HC makes, Lima Sr. program has been in the dumps since Rush retired (or left) early 2000's. Bill Lawrence a long time Kenton assistant became the Spartans HC this spring and has immediately paid dividends. As for this game Troy should roll as the Spartans did not defeat a team with a winning record all season. Oh and Kenton WTH.

What a difference a HC makes, Lima Sr. program has been in the dumps since Rush retired (or left) early 2000's. Bill Lawrence a long time Kenton assistant became the Spartans HC this spring and has immediately paid dividends. As for this game Troy should roll as the Spartans did not defeat a team with a winning record all season. Oh and Kenton WTH.
To be fair Lima Senior went from the TRAC to the Toledo Public League. The TPL might be the worst public league in the state. I would love to see Lima Senior win this one, but I think Troy is just the better team overall.

I knew an 8-2 record in the regular season was very doable. I did not know how bad the TPL was though. I think we all knew whoever got the Sr job would easily win 7-8 games without question. Besides Findlay and Winthrow their schedule had to be one of the easiest in NW Ohio.

I knew an 8-2 record in the regular season was very doable. I did not know how bad the TPL was though. I think we all knew whoever got the Sr job would easily win 7-8 games without question. Besides Findlay and Winthrow their schedule had to be one of the easiest in NW Ohio.
OK forgot everyone on yappi is an expert. Yes, Troy will win this game, but I saw Lima Sr. JV play Marion Local JV several years ago, LS was one of the most unorganized football programs I had ever seen. The Spartans did defeat a 5 - 5 Xenia team last week, highly doubtful anybody could have won 8 games coaching Lima Sr. considering where this program was.

What a difference a HC makes, Lima Sr. program has been in the dumps since Rush retired (or left) early 2000's.
Mike Fell gave a glimpse of what Lima Sr. could have been with his short time there. They were a joke before he got there, 1-19 in the 2 seasons prior and his first game he went 5-5. Second season went 8-2, made the playoffs, and third season went 9-3. Hard to imagine how different that program would be today if he stuck around longer than 3 years

To be fair Lima Senior went from the TRAC to the Toledo Public League. The TPL might be the worst public league in the state. I would love to see Lima Senior win this one, but I think Troy is just the better team overall.
Exactly, no disrespect to the Toledo Public League, but the TRAC was a loaded conference. I know for a fact, that Coach Griffin and Coach Townsend are great coaches that deeply cared about the kids of Lima on and off the field.

Go Lima!
muppets kermit GIF

Lets catch you up to speed friend

Lima Senior had two very good seasons not too terribly long ago in 2014 and 2015 going 8-3 in 2014 and 9-3 in 2015 while in the TRAC.

To be fair to Coach Townsend, Lima Senior did prove they could not only beat TCAL competition but would destroy it even before the idea of joining the league came to fruition.

Coach Lawrence seems like a great guy and has done a great job this season. But let's not pretend like this was the best season in almost 25 years.

If that's the case we need to get you out more my friend.

OK forgot everyone on yappi is an expert. Yes, Troy will win this game, but I saw Lima Sr. JV play Marion Local JV several years ago, LS was one of the most unorganized football programs I had ever seen. The Spartans did defeat a 5 - 5 Xenia team last week, highly doubtful anybody could have won 8 games coaching Lima Sr. considering where this program was.
But we do know how to take the time to do some simple research on Joe Eitel.

It still amazes me that we live in a world where the information is just a click away and people still get the answers wrong.

Lets catch you up to speed friend

Lima Senior had two very good seasons not too terribly long ago in 2014 and 2015 going 8-3 in 2014 and 9-3 in 2015 while in the TRAC.

To be fair to Coach Townsend, Lima Senior did prove they could not only beat TCAL competition but would destroy it even before the idea of joining the league came to fruition.

Coach Lawrence seems like a great guy and has done a great job this season. But let's not pretend like this was the best season in almost 25 years.

If that's the case we need to get you out more my friend.
LOL just trying to give a coach credit for having a good season I forgot about Mike Fell.

Last edited:
If Ward(Best RB for Troy) plays I think Troy can control the clock and limit Lima Senior's possessions which should lead to a win for Troy. If he doesn't play then Troy could have trouble moving the ball and then Lima Senior has a punchers chance. I say Troy wins by 7-10 points and the Defense leads the way with some timely turnovers.

I'm glad that even though the league is way down in a competitive way now that the Spartans are doing well. Their coach is a really good guy and those kids and their community need all the positivity they can get. Lima needs it.
And it's not just football. Volleyball, Girls Soccer, Girls XC all won league titles this fall. You'd have to go WAY back into the history of Lima Senior athletics to find a league title for those girls sports. And it wasn't gonna happen in the TRAC sadly.

Even without Ward, who is by far the best rb in the conference, Lima will not be able to put up the points they usually do on this Troy D. Troy's defense is excellent and will do just enough on offense to come out with a win. It's hard to replicate a 6/1 220 lb running back, however look for Troy defensive end Devon Strobel to get 8-10 carries in this game. He's also big at 6'2 230. They'll mix it up with 5'6 twig Dakota Manson. Give me Troy 35-14.

Yeah, but that's a huge rivalry game. I wouldn't put a lot of stock in it. Troy by at least 14.
FWIW Calpreps

Troy 40, Lima Senior 19

Drew Pasteur

Troy wins by 25

If there is a feather in Lima's cap it is Troy and Lima according to Drew had a very similar SOS ranking.

Yeah, but that's a huge rivalry game. I wouldn't put a lot of stock in it. Troy by at least 14.
Was talking with someone earlier in the week who pointed out that it's ironic that Lima and Troy are now D2 schools. When they last saw each other they were both solid D1's. My how times have changed.

The last time both saw each other was 1996. The other two teams in that region that year Toledo St. Johns (now D2 as well) and Springfield South (no longer exists).

FWIW Calpreps

Troy 40, Lima Senior 19

Drew Pasteur

Troy wins by 25

If there is a feather in Lima's cap it is Troy and Lima according to Drew had a very similar SOS ranking.
The difference is that Troy killed most of those teams while Lima battled with many of them

Was talking with someone earlier in the week who pointed out that it's ironic that Lima and Troy are now D2 schools. When they last saw each other they were both solid D1's. My how times have changed.

The last time both saw each other was 1996. The other two teams in that region that year Toledo St. Johns (now D2 as well) and Springfield South (no longer exists).
I remember being at that game in 96 at Welcome Stadium when Lima upset Troy who at that time was nationally ranked. They had Ryan Brewer and Kris Dielman on that team.