La Salle @ Trotwood-Madison, Week 9

New Breed

The 2019 Division 2 and Division 3 State Champions meet at Trotwood-Madison on Friday night, as Trotwood looks to extend its 3 game winning streak after a rough start to the 2021 season. Trotwood has seemed to find a bit of rhythm on offense with players like RB Malachi Johnson, WR Dylan Heflin, and QB Tim Carpenter stepping it up. CB Mike Smith also got some touches last week vs Dunbar, and he adds some big time explosive ability on both sides of the ball.

The Rams currently sit at #15 in Region 12, and that would be fine if the season ended last week with the playoff expansion. But, this game becomes a bit of a must-win for the Rams, with next week's game being against the winless Thurgood Marshall Cougars. Have that Rams figured it out? La Salle has played a HEAVY schedule, could this get ugly? A very intriguing this weekend.

FYI- kickoff will be at 5:30 on Friday to attempt to avoid inclement weather.

This should get ugly. This isn't your grandpaw's Trotwood program. Heck I heard TW doesn't even have a band anymore??? WTH is going on there. Their band use to be bad ace.

This should get ugly. This isn't your grandpaw's Trotwood program. Heck I heard TW doesn't even have a band anymore??? WTH is going on there. Their band use to be bad ace.
Trotwood is still recovering from the 2019 Memorial day EF4 tornado that destroyed many apartment buildings and homes. Families had to find housing outside of city. I think that has had an effect on sports and like you mentioned their band. But others living in the community might have better first-hand theory.

I’m thinking this game will have some back and forth for at least a Half. LaSalle pulls away to win in second half.

Both Trotwood and La Salle have a common opponent in Winton Woods. Da Woods beat Trotwood in week one. The Lancers beat the Warriors in week two. Any conclusions to draw from this comparison?

1634271022539.png

Game time now at 5:30 not 7:00

LS Needs to find itself. It’s offense and defense is all over the place. That being said it may be a blowout on the other hand it may be time to scratch your head.

Sounds like cooler heads prevail to run this game early given the possibility of rain out.

Both Trotwood and La Salle have a common opponent in Winton Woods. Da Woods beat Trotwood in week one. The Lancers beat the Warriors in week two. Any conclusions to draw from this comparison?
No. It’s eight weeks later and both teams ought to be better. Now based on an entire season of work and strength of schedules, La Salle is obviously favored.

LS Needs to find itself. It’s offense and defense is all over the place. That being said it may be a blowout on the other hand it may be time to scratch your head.

Sounds like cooler heads prevail to run this game early given the possibility of rain out.
Agreed. It’s been hard for basically a new team with lots of turnover to find itself with no breather weeks at all.

Trotwood is still recovering from the 2019 Memorial day EF4 tornado that destroyed many apartment buildings and homes. Families had to find housing outside of city. I think that has had an effect on sports and like you mentioned their band. But others living in the community might have better first-hand theory.
They are also a very young team. I think they will be back to normal in a year or two.

Trotwood has been a tale of two teams. In three of their first four games, they were shut out 78-0. Then in their last three games, they beat up teams 98-9. In the first half of the season it was the worst of times, Now in weeks six to eight, it has been the best of times. In the beginning it looked like they were lost but lately it appears they have found themselves. They played good teams during the shutout period, then they played not so good teams. Which Trotwood team will we see now that they again are playing a team with aspirations of a good playoff run.

I don't know what "bad ace" means, but yes, we very much have a band.

Trotwood has been a tale of two teams. In three of their first four games, they were shut out 78-0. Then in their last three games, they beat up teams 98-9. In the first half of the season it was the worst of times, Now in weeks six to eight, it has been the best of times. In the beginning it looked like they were lost but lately it appears they have found themselves. They played good teams during the shutout period, then they played not so good teams. Which Trotwood team will we see now that they again are playing a team with aspirations of a good playoff run.
They beat Belmont, Ponitz, and Dunbar. This game will be ugly.

Trottwood is very BAD...In the Dayton public school league they have won some games but honestly I am surprised they did not have a covid outbreak before this match up....LaSalle as much as they want to score TM 6..... mercy TD in the 4th and they miss the PAT....

Guess you do not know how bad DPS are....Trottwood is bad....But better than DPS schools they play. I seen them vs WW and Harrison... I felt bad for the kids...