La Salle 2019-2020

All you need to know is that La Salle was down by nine points in the second quarter ended up being up by 13 at one point in the third quarter and coach puts the team in a stall in the fourth quarter and they win by four.
Thanks entirely to foul shooting.

All you need to know is that La Salle was down by nine points in the second quarter ended up being up by 13 at one point in the third quarter and coach puts the team in a stall in the fourth quarter and they win by four.

lol cute

Walnut Hills was worn out. I expected a higher basketball IQ from LaSalle. One example, LaSalle worked their butts off to foul the on those last three point shots.

You forgot, LaSalle is better on a bigger court?

They aren't any good! Lost to Moeller twice and Elder on the year?! They have no basketball IQ or talent just been extremely lucky all year huh???

Never said they were not any good. Said better on a bigger court or so the LaSalle fans think! LaSalle is better at basketball than you are at reading comprehension,obviously!

The Cincinnati Enquirer's high school sports reporter Scott Springer on the La Salle-St. Xavier district championship at Xavier University's Centas Center at 8:00 p.m. this Sunday

SCOTT SPRINGER, SSPRINGER@ENQUIRER.COM

La Salle (22-3) vs. St. Xavier (16-7) - 8 p.m., Sunday, March 8, at Xavier's Cintas Center

The Lancers and Bombers last met three times in 2010 with the teams splitting during the season, but La Salle winning in the postseason. This season, the Lancers won at home 50-47 and at St. Xavier 51-42.

La Salle coach Pat Goedde shared Greater Catholic League-South Coach of the Year honors with Carl Kremer and was also co-coach of the year, according to Southwest District media, and coach of the year, according to Southwest District 16 coaches. Guards Jaylen Lemons and Justin Lovette were GCL-South First-Teamers, but La Salle distributes the ball evenly with five starters between nine and 11 points per game (Derek Eddings, Ayden Schnider, Jeffrey Queen Jr., Lovette and Lemons).

In St. Xavier coach Mike Noszka's first season off North Bend Road, he coached the GCL-South's top scorer in Hank Thomas, who shared league Player of the Year honors and was Southwest District First Team. He averaged 14.8 points per game, 7.2 rebounds and 1.7 steals in a league where games over 70 points cause some coaches heart palpitations.

The winner of this tilt would play the Lakota East/Beavercreek winner in a regional semifinal at 8 p.m., Wednesday, March 11, at Cintas Center. That winner again would likely have to go through Moeller in a regional final to make the state semis.

The Cincinnati Enquirer's high school sports reporter Scott Springer on the La Salle-St. Xavier district championship at Xavier University's Centas Center at 8:00 p.m. this Sunday

SCOTT SPRINGER, SSPRINGER@ENQUIRER.COM

La Salle (22-3) vs. St. Xavier (16-7) - 8 p.m., Sunday, March 8, at Xavier's Cintas Center

La Salle distributes the ball evenly with five starters between nine and 11 points per game (Derek Eddings, Ayden Schnider, Jeffrey Queen Jr., Justin Lovette and Jaylen Lemons).

La Salle's five starters
Ayden Schneider 58% on FGs, 9.5 ppg
Justin Lovette 54%, 10.5 ppg
Jaylen Lemons 51%, 11.0 ppg
Derek Eddings 50%, 8.7 ppg
Jeffrey Queen Jr. 46%, 9.1 ppg

#11 is a sophomore, as is the PG #14.

Those are two nice players to be bringing back. 14 did have a little trouble when LaSalle’s big time athlete got up in his space and guarded him. I am sure that he will be training for that in the offseason.

Thanks.

HardCorps and deuces dad, it's time for you guys to tell us all by how many points you see St. Xavier beating La Salle. Remember you guys claim La Salle would be at a disadvantage on the longer college court.

HardCorps and deuces dad, it's time for you guys to tell us all by how many points you see St. Xavier beating La Salle. Remember you guys claim La Salle would be at a disadvantage on the longer college court.
I never said anything about th the court length. I mentioned that they were somewhat overzealous playing defense on the last play against Walnut Hills.

With that being said, I predict LaSalle to win by 10: 55-45

I never said anything about th the court length. I mentioned that they were somewhat overzealous playing defense on the last play against Walnut Hills.

With that being said, I predict LaSalle to win by 10: 55-45

My reasoning on the bigger court being to La Salle's advantage is the speed of La Salle being a factor against teams with tall players that are somewhat slow. On X's starters there is a 6'8" player and a 6'6" player. I submit the state title game of 2011 on a college court as proof where a small La Salle team with no one over 6'3" beat a Columbus Northland team with two 6'8" players who got beat by the smaller, faster La Salle players. Northland's coach finally took them out and put in much smaller players but the damage had been done.

Last edited:
My reasoning on the bigger court being to La Salle's advantage is the speed of La Salle being a factor against teams with tall players that are somewhat slow. On X's starters there is a 6'8" player and a 6'6" player. I submit the state title game of 2011 on a college court as proof where a small La Salle team with no one over 6'3" beat a Columbus Northland team with two 6'8" players who got beat by the smaller, faster La Salle players. Northland's coach finally took them out and put in much smaller players but the damage had been done.

Sometimes things come down to common sense. LaSalle’s guards bring it on offense and defense and St X should be worn out by the game’s end unless they are lights out from the field, especially from 3.

I think LS will win by 6-8 points. My take on court size is that LS excels on defense by using their very aggressive man to man defense. It really depends on how the game is called, as LS is very aggressive with their hands. Playing on a larger court allows you to have better spacing, which makes it tougher to provide help defense and puts the onus on the official to determine whether or not and advantage is being gained by the defender. I am not sure but for some reason Cady Court seems to be smaller than 84 ft, maybe its the fact that the stage and stands are right up on you and the fact that LS plays great defense, especially at home.

Sometimes things come down to common sense. LaSalle’s guards bring it on offense and defense and St X should be worn out by the game’s end unless they are lights out from the field, especially from 3.
There were two games where teams were hitting their threes both at Bill Cady court. St. Xavier was up by ten before LS stormed back to beat them by three. Elder shot an insance 73% on threes and took a 42-28 lead before La Salle stormed back but came up one point short. Two of St. Xavier big guys are actually their best three point shooters, 6'8" Eli Majick hits on 42% and 6'5" Kris McClure hits on 41%

Last edited:
There were two games where teams were hitting their threes both at Bill Cady court. St. Xavier was up by ten before LS stormed back to beat them by three. Elder shot an insance 73% on threes and took a 42-28 lead before La Salle stormed back but came up one point short. Two of St. Xavier big guys are actually their best three point shooters, 6'8" Eli Majick hits on 42% and 6'5" Kris McClure hits on 41%

This is why I expect to get an excellent return on my investment Saturday night. LaSalle will be full go until the buzzer sounds.