John Boehner says Donald Trump 'abused' his loyalists by lying to them

No it doesn't. The party in power often loses seats, but the chamber doesn't actually flip very often.
The scary GQP party gained 13 seats during an election where the top of the ticket was defeated. How often does that happen? ?‍♂️

They're certainly not in the state that you people keep claiming/hoping they are. They're basically fine.

I mean, not really. Basically just their usual partisan claptrap. ?‍♂️

I think of course the Hill is lining up towards the GOP but I think they did a good job of explaining the possible problems that may make it harder . Fluid . Things can change . The party doesn’t exactly have a certain unity and if Trump is still going to be a force and the “. Leader “ of the party ? He certainly knows a bit about losing the last two years . Kind of up in the air in terms of defined leadership and message (. Besides culture stuff )

Seems like Niki knows what side of her bread is buttered:

“I would not run if President Trump ran, and I would talk to him about it,” Haley told reporters. “That’s something that we will have a conversation about, at some point.”

You think trump is controlling the fundraising for the GQP for no reason? TRUMP=GQP everyone in the party is a coward. Look at Niki Haley....Rick Scott giving the insurrectionist a fake trophy...trump rips McConnell at the same even the GOP bows down to him and gives him control over fundraising for Senate candidates. It is a sad cowardly party that is off the rails.

The sad cowards are the ones who helped the left take control and demonize conservative policy. They are scum.

Looks like I am in the minority here; Boehner was one of the last great politicians, all we have now is demagogues of the left and right.
The left went full radical, compromise is suicide. If rational thought ever shows up on the other side of the aisle we can talk.

One would think that the people who support the party that ran an incoherent candidate and beat the incumbent would be jubilant to see that incumbent "still calling the shots" 4 years later......

In general, I have been a supporter of President Trump, but I don’t understand why he attacks other Republicans so viciously. McConnell was generally very supportive of Trump while he was in office. Mike Pence is another example. He was extremely loyal. I don’t see how this can be good for the Republican Party, or Trump’s image.
I don’t see how this helps us in 2022 regain control of Congress.
He has some very serious flaws and some very effective strengths. He is not capable of shielding his flaws because he is incapable of acknowledging that they exist. This makes it easier for those who hate him to define him by his flaws. We see it every day on here where the flaws are emphasized to the exclusion of the substantial accomplishments. But that's the nature of hate - and politics.

The way he attacks and counter-attacks is a two-edged sword. I loved it when it was directed at the proper targets: media, crazy leftists, dishonest Dems, and RINO's. I hated it when it was misdirected. And when he goes into attack mode, there is not necessarily any reason to it, it is at full intensity, and there is no shame in its hyperbole. There is no subtlety or moderation in DJT.

With few exceptions, he had the right policies. But his personality and character flaws distracted attention away from the effectiveness of those policies. Many times from 2017-21, I thought about how much more powerful he would be if he would have been able to communicate better and not step on his own shoelaces.

Give me a politician with the same good sense on policy, but who can communicate and package it effectively - and not create distractions and problems in the process. I'm hoping that will be the legacy of Trumpism. Trumpism (America First policies) without Trump himself, I suspect, is going to be a very powerful political force in the decades to come.

He has some very serious flaws and some very effective strengths. He is not capable of shielding his flaws because he is incapable of acknowledging that they exist. This makes it easier for those who hate him to define him by his flaws. We see it every day on here where the flaws are emphasized to the exclusion of the substantial accomplishments. But that's the nature of hate - and politics.

The way he attacks and counter-attacks is a two-edged sword. I loved it when it was directed at the proper targets: media, crazy leftists, dishonest Dems, and RINO's. I hated it when it was misdirected. And when he goes into attack mode, there is not necessarily any reason to it, it is at full intensity, and there is no shame in its hyperbole. There is no subtlety or moderation in DJT.

With few exceptions, he had the right policies. But his personality and character flaws distracted attention away from the effectiveness of those policies. Many times from 2017-21, I thought about how much more powerful he would be if he would have been able to communicate better and not step on his own shoelaces.

Give me a politician with the same good sense on policy, but who can communicate and package it effectively - and not create distractions and problems in the process. I'm hoping that will be the legacy of Trumpism. Trumpism (America First policies) without Trump himself, I suspect, is going to be a very powerful political force in the decades to come.
I agree, but I don’t see that person yet. I see several political types trying to be him, but there isn’t no impersonating Donald Trump. He is one of a kind. It sure isn’t Cruz or Pence. Maybe Disantis or Haley.

I agree, but I don’t see that person yet. I see several political types trying to be him, but there isn’t no impersonating Donald Trump. He is one of a kind. It sure isn’t Cruz or Pence. Maybe Disantis or Haley.
Cruz has a Magoo problem and, like Trump, an ability to make some people hate his guts. Pence is too good and decent a man to win. He wouldn't get down and roll around in the mud when he had to. I don't completely trust Haley. She stepped out and did some things that were a little disloyal, and her political instincts are to compromise at times and not stand on principle.

Desantis is definitely a contender - thus, 60 Minutes took an early shot to knock him down a rung or two. He will set the media straight and not back away from an attack from the left. He has clearly gained the support from elected Dems in his state - which is proof of his personal likability and political skills.

But he needs some more vetting. Might find out he has a midget furry fetish or something. But if he continues on the path he is on, he will be someone that I would be excited to support in 24 or 28.

Noem was someone I was impressed with, but her hesitancy to protect girls sports (maybe she has good reasons, but she didn't handle being challenged about it well) gives me some pause. But she was one of the few govs who led through covid on freedom principles, so she is still a maybe.