JJHuddle Alumni!

I don't recall when I joined the Huddle but my username was thethrill.

Scipio had some great posts and insights. There was once a thread about best usernames and I think muhahaha was chosen the winner. I also recall the friendly rival banter between Keith and Big Blue who was from Sandusky. It was the place where all the NW Ohio realignment talk first started, now a similar thread on Yappi is closing in on 200 pages.
thethrill! Why didn't you say so?!

thethrill! Why didn't you say so?!
There was a gap between the demise of the Huddle and me becoming active on Yappi. Back then the Huddle was heavily NE Ohio and Steubenville while Yappi was largely Cincy. I simply didn't know enough about Cincy to justify being active. As far as username is concerned I was thethrill on this site as well but neglected to write down my password followed by getting a new laptop so I switched to Upside and created a whole new account.

Plus I didn't say so because I reckoned that nobody would remember or care, for the most part I was correct.

Speaking of forums back in the day, does anybody remember the cincy forum. I dont remember which platform it was on but there was a poster who dominated the forums by having several aliases and posted in a such a manner where it would look like an active forum with several posters contributing to a discussion in which it was actually the same person that would have a one way conversation with themselves...truly bizaare. I compare this person to what radio dave does now, maybe they are related...lol

Remember freehuddle.com? Justincreduble fell frkm their threats about using huddle name sonhe changed to Ohiochatter.com.

Whenever I feel like slumming it I'll go over there and hit and run.

There was a gap between the demise of the Huddle and me becoming active on Yappi. Back then the Huddle was heavily NE Ohio and Steubenville while Yappi was largely Cincy. I simply didn't know enough about Cincy to justify being active. As far as username is concerned I was thethrill on this site as well but neglected to write down my password followed by getting a new laptop so I switched to Upside and created a whole new account.

Plus I didn't say so because I reckoned that nobody would remember or care, for the most part I was correct.
I joined in 2000. In its early days the Huddle was great. Just some folks looking to talk Ohio HS football.

Yappi does a far better job of administration.

MPD, UberDukes, YTOWN, Scipio, eastisbest, Fremont Keith, jake, and yes, I certainly remember thethrill.

Speaking of forums back in the day, does anybody remember the cincy forum. I dont remember which platform it was on but there was a poster who dominated the forums by having several aliases and posted in a such a manner where it would look like an active forum with several posters contributing to a discussion in which it was actually the same person that would have a one way conversation with themselves...truly bizaare. I compare this person to what radio dave does now, maybe they are related...lol
Speaking of old forums/posts. A few years ago there was some white trash, Eminem wannabe who posted a "rap" video about Price Hill "Girlz". Dayum that one was funny. Had some little fat toad for a sidekick. If anyone comes up with that one PLEASE share with the rest of the crowd. It was epic.

I don't recall when I joined the Huddle but my username was thethrill.

Scipio had some great posts and insights. There was once a thread about best usernames and I think muhahaha was chosen the winner. I also recall the friendly rival banter between Keith and Big Blue who was from Sandusky. It was the place where all the NW Ohio realignment talk first started, now a similar thread on Yappi is closing in on 200 pages.
I certainly hope all is well for Big Blue. I haven't seen any activity from him since Sandusky joined the NOL/SBC Lake

Whatever happened to EastYoungstown? He and RadCard were two big Mooney posters.

Last edited:
For those who didn't know, Rahiem passed away from COVID just 5 days before Christmas this past year. He was only 43 years old.
Rahiem.png

I joined in 2000. In its early days the Huddle was great. Just some folks looking to talk Ohio HS football.
a
Yappi does a far better job of administration.

MPD, UberDukes, YTOWN, Scipio, eastisbest, Fremont Keith, jake, and yes, I certainly remember thethrill.
That frankly amazes me. Although there were times when I got a little fired up on occasional threads I tried to stay level-headed. Nobody is as level-headed as Keith, but he showed that you could thrive by being a gentleman. Well, that and being well-informed. The well-informed part was generally where I was lacking although I could match most anyone on threads concerning music.

UberDukes was an interesting character. He was another that was knowledgeable and not afraid to post exactly what was on his mind. There was a "Favorite Stadiums" thread that I think was primarily northern Ohio and he made the statement that he was going to break a lot of hearts but he didn't find Strobel Field to be a particularly good place to watch a game. The field was too far from the crowd. I've attended my fair share of games at Strobel and I couldn't argue with him. Seen some great games/teams there but not up close.

That frankly amazes me. Although there were times when I got a little fired up on occasional threads I tried to stay level-headed. Nobody is as level-headed as Keith, but he showed that you could thrive by being a gentleman. Well, that and being well-informed. The well-informed part was generally where I was lacking although I could match most anyone on threads concerning music.

UberDukes was an interesting character. He was another that was knowledgeable and not afraid to post exactly what was on his mind. There was a "Favorite Stadiums" thread that I think was primarily northern Ohio and he made the statement that he was going to break a lot of hearts but he didn't find Strobel Field to be a particularly good place to watch a game. The field was too far from the crowd. I've attended my fair share of games at Strobel and I couldn't argue with him. Seen some great games/teams there but not up close.
um yeah, i can certainly vouch for that. being a bellevue grad i caught a playoff game or two at strobel and yes the sightlines suck as you do feel distant from the field. and the neighborhood to the west and northwest was never the best either at the geto hellhole called macarthur park.

um yeah, i can certainly vouch for that. being a bellevue grad i caught a playoff game or two at strobel and yes the sightlines suck as you do feel distant from the field. and the neighborhood to the west and northwest was never the best either at the geto hellhole called macarthur park.
Upside is holding for you on Line 2

Strobel is a great old Stadium...but the view from the stands...is too parrallel...the lighting is poor...and yes, the stands...are too far away from the action (ala UberDukes).

Upside is holding for you on Line 2
I think I've mentioned in the past that I lived in MacArthur Park for a while as a young kid. Parents were divorced (annulment) and mom was laid off from Barr Rubber. It is, in fact, a hell hole. The demographic might have changed but when we lived there it was known as the "white projects." There are some rough neighborhoods close by but the area around Mills School had plenty of good people.

Big Zip was a great guy. Moved to North Carolina (I believe) but sometimes came back for state championship weekend. Was a fun guy to swap stories with at BW3's.

JoeFb - became a member in I want to say 99’ I can’t remember. That was a amazing fun site. Unfortunately it was controlled and then disappeared.

Same user name on JJHuddle back when it started with a Dark Blue and Yellow screen and no graphics or pics!!!! I used to write game reviews until "The Eric" took over and I middle fingered that a-hole!!! Miss those good old days when it was all about football and very very few disruptive idiots!!!! Now I just read mostly!