JJHuddle Alumni!

I’ll let this cartoonishly-large drawing of a “money bag” explain what happened.

View attachment 19799
No doubt.

If I recall. they started to charge like 12 bucks a year. No big deal. Then came out with a lifetime subscription.
New people took over and were not going to grandfather the life timers.

They got hooked into some magazine subscription thing as well, cannot fully recall.

$$$ is what did it and also jj was sort of a turd as well.

The epic meltdowns at the end of days were quite hilarious!

The Dover Licking Valley thread was hilarious and went about 35 pages. Big Red threads were also good but usually got shut down early.
JJ made a huge mistake when they went to pay to post right before the playoffs started.

I used the same name for both.

I got the vibe the JJ was Hee Haw to Yappi's more urban feel. But my biggest knock on JJ was that he and the mods played favorites, the playing field there was definitely uneven. Bottom line is that back in the day I always preferred this site as it was more balanced and had better technology plus I would never pay for any content that is generated by other users.

Does anyone remember the Miami Trace huddler who a bit out there? I believe this was during the window of time when Miami Trace has me a couple of good seasons with the nephew of Art Schlister. The MT guy would go back & forth with Jonathan Alder posters quite a bit.

Have used Sykotyk for basically everything online. Joined jj when I moved to Steubenville in 2005.

As for the site, it had some quirks that fueled its demise. The starting new threads for the same game because one ran long. The constant banning.

The fact you couldn't even mention Yappi at all.

The Ohio Chatter site went under basically when Google AdWords notified them they couldn't host ads because of the content on the site. Most vacated.

and no acronyms for the leagues. No MAC, WBL, etc etc etc.

It was hilarious you couldnt say yappi or other sites. Such tools that ran that site!

Have used Sykotyk for basically everything online. Joined jj when I moved to Steubenville in 2005.

As for the site, it had some quirks that fueled its demise. The starting new threads for the same game because one ran long. The constant banning.

The fact you couldn't even mention Yappi at all.

The Ohio Chatter site went under basically when Google AdWords notified them they couldn't host ads because of the content on the site. Most vacated.

and no acronyms for the leagues. No MAC, WBL, etc etc etc.

It was hilarious you couldnt say yappi or other sites. Such tools that ran that site!
I also remember when you couldn't use team mascots in thread titles--unless it was Steubenville or a couple of others.

I posted under the same name on JJ Huddle until I heard about Yappi.

WCMH-TV (NBC4) in Columbus promoted the Huddle on television around 2009 & 2010, which was probably the lifeblood for the forum after it was heading down the tubes.

I’ll let this cartoonishly-large drawing of a “money bag” explain what happened.

View attachment 19799
The large money bag also reminded me of the absurd estimates of how much Anshole got when he sold the site. Somehow, a whole lot of people "knew" the amount of the deal, throwing out numbers as much as 30-50 times more than even the most inflated worth of the site.

The large money bag also reminded me of the absurd estimates of how much Anshole got when he sold the site. Somehow, a whole lot of people "knew" the amount of the deal, throwing out numbers as much as 30-50 times more than even the most inflated worth of the site.
What even was the site’s usefulness beyond the message board in the dying days? The ascent of social media, and new players in the “profiling the biggest names and schools” game (e.g. the football analogs to outlets such as the PrepHoops network) took away from the supposed novelty of Eric Frantz writing regional previews — and folks who were curious about the broader statewide football scene were already reading MaxPreps team pages.

I remember Stuebenville, Kenton were protected schools on the puddle.
Whom else saw special treatment?

30-50x a dollar?

JJ was a Bishop Ready guy if not mistaken. he certainly played favorites with the posts he allowed. Biggest gripe was he let certain posters tell out right lies about programs, coaches and at time players with no moderation at all.
Site became a cess pool at the bitter end.

But it was entertaining.

Didn't JJ used to have an account on Yappi? Someone once told me lesnajj was him (JJ Ansel backward). I don't know if this is true, but at the time I remember seeing lots of Anti-Yappi / pro-JJ Huddle posts by that user that seemed more than coincidental.

JJ was a Bishop Ready guy if not mistaken. he certainly played favorites with the posts he allowed. Biggest gripe was he let certain posters tell out right lies about programs, coaches and at time players with no moderation at all.

But it was entertaining.
I thought he was a New Albany guy too.

JJ was a Bishop Ready guy if not mistaken.
Yeah, that sounds right on JJ + Ready.

he certainly played favorites with the posts he allowed. Biggest gripe was he let certain posters tell out right lies about programs, coaches and at time players with no moderation at all.

My "hot take" is JJ was ready to cut bait on the site, and the Mike Lanza/Grove City dumpster fire occurring there encouraged him to fire the gun.