IVC 23-24

I thought Sammy had 17 also, but not 100 percent sure
Nick and Sammy both had 17 points. Hiland couldn't rebound. Credit to IV they kept going to the rim. Hiland fought hard but did have a couple big turnovers at the end as well. Little things matter in these games.

The reffs called a charging call on Alex that was a total flop but Alex shouldn’t have been anywhere close to him. I thought there was no foul shots on a charging call ? Sammy got fouled at the end as well it should have been called both ways.

Agree final foul on Alex was a total flop by the IV kid but can’t give the refs the opportunity to make that call. Let IV in bound the ball, the game is over.

Nick and Sammy both had 17 points. Hiland couldn't rebound. Credit to IV they kept going to the rim. Hiland fought hard but did have a couple big turnovers at the end as well. Little things matter in these games.
One of the late turnovers with about 30 seconds left was Conner trying to pass the ball to Nick, Conner was CLEARLY fouled and ended up handing the ball off into Nick’s knee. Refs have to see that and make the call.

Are we going to get play malvern ? I was so looking forward to that game. We will still share the IVC. We shouldn’t have been anywhere close to that when he was throwing it out. We should of been at the other end

IV had 1 kid go through the handshake line. Tyrones a classless coach amd always has been. All the way down to their middle school teams. He's a wannabe Mark Schlabach. You can give Sammy some credit. Knocked 3 down at the end. Rykers a heck of a player for sure. Then Tyrone bitched about the call when their kid ran over Sammy. The right call. But how Hiland was anywhere near that inbounds is beyond me.
Can’t argue about the handshake. Kids were excited and students rushed the court, still should go through the line. Disagree on the classless comment, Tyrone and his family have been great additions to our community. Don’t attack someone or their program behind a computer screen because your team got worked over by a kid who can’t even drive yet.

Can’t argue about the handshake. Kids were excited and students rushed the court, still should go through the line. Disagree on the classless comment, Tyrone and his family have been great additions to our community. Don’t attack someone or their program behind a computer screen because your team got worked over by a kid who can’t even drive yet.
Just curious was this Williams kid held back a year, because he looks older than a true freshman

I guess we will agree to disagree on your head coach. It's known throughout the IVC that IV has developed a reputation. Its not a secret. Ryker Williams is a really good player. What impresses me is that he plays well in all phases. Plays like a senior. Props to him.

I guess we will agree to disagree on your head coach. It's known throughout the IVC that IV has developed a reputation. It’s not a secret. Ryker Williams is a really good player. What impresses me is that he plays well in all phases. Plays like a senior. Props to him.
A reputation of classless? I guess it was a secret to me. I haven’t seen that. Again the handshake tonight, yes definitely should shake the other teams hand. Win or lose. That’s the first time I’ve seen that happen and the court was stormed, 15-18 year old kids got caught up with their friends.

Idk how you Hiland people can complain about fouls. How you play defense is a foul you legit hand check constantly iv does it back and the refs didn’t bail you out!!! They hacked Pryor all night and didn’t give him hardly anything! The refs let them get physical for the most post

A reputation of classless? I guess it was a secret to me. I haven’t seen that. Again the handshake tonight, yes definitely should shake the other teams hand. Win or lose. That’s the first time I’ve seen that happen and the court was stormed, 15-18 year old kids got caught up with their friends.
Coach miller shook hands so I don’t know how that’s classeless! Shame on him for not pulling all of his players out of a circle of like 60 people to shake hands lmao

Idk how you Hiland people can complain about fouls. How you play defense is a foul you legit hand check constantly iv does it back and the refs didn’t bail you out!!! They hacked Pryor all night and didn’t give him hardly anything! The refs let them get physical for the most post
The best officials around called that game. I think it was well officiated. Josey Davis is a good as they come. Thought both plays at the end were fouls and should have been called. I am not complaining about the officials. Always like when they let them play. Good crew

Coach miller shook hands so I don’t know how that’s classeless! Shame on him for not pulling all of his players out of a circle of like 60 people to shake hands lmao
There's a lot of history of things being done and said with the IV coach and Garaway and Hiland. Ill leave it at that. IV kids played really well. Credit to them. A game like tonight should make both teams better. Win or lose I'd rather see good basketball then blowouts. And yes I've seen many coaches grab their players out of the mob and make them shake hands. It's what you do after a hard fought game.

Last edited:
There's a lot of history of things being done and said with the IV coach and Garaway and Hiland. Ill leave it at that.
I know what you are talking about. The few direct interactions I've had with the guy have been positive. I just like the man - based on my limited exposure.

I guess I put the stuff you are referring to in a box - a context. That being that we all understand how important beating Hiland is to our friends to the east. It's intense and real. As long as it stays below a certain line, it's fun and healthy. A form of that exists across the league in basketball. If you are going to beat Hiland, you are going to have to do a variety of things in terms of performance, execution, scheme, etc. The effort is almost always there, but belief is what you have to create, i.e., "We are going to win because we are better than they are."

To create that belief, coaches will say all kinds of stuff privately to their team and fans, but it sometimes spills out into public in post-game comments by players or the coach - and it will be perceived as pejorative and personal. But I just take it as a coach creating belief - which is what he is supposed to do in order for his team to have success. Just doing his job.

That said, it's best to keep that out of the public sphere. When it does spill out, it would probably be best if there was some coach to coach communication to keep the tension down. Most coaches will not hold it against another coach for motivating their team. That's the job - or a big part of it. FWIW

I can feel the tension when Mark and T.Miller go at each other, when comes to basketball, this goes back even to the days when T.Miller coach at TCC,and was not much better when TMiller coach at TCC and Adam Hall was at Strasburg there some big tension games there, and what made even worse , they were family related,

Competition among highly competitive people creates tension. If you want to see it, watch my family play euchre or a board game. Lol.

My dad’s sisters husbands brother boy is Indian valley coach . I don’t think I am related to him since it’s the other side of the family but my dad sister passed away short 20 years ago. And her boy was a star athlete at garaway running back and he has a son was a star running back as well hope that makes sense lol.

I don’t know how you call that a charge last night at the end of the game I talk to my brother last night he is a assistant coach for a big division one school in Wisconsin high school. He both players was moving that is a no call and the player did flop big time so did Sammy after I watched it again. But that should have been a no call last night.

I don’t know how you call that a charge last night at the end of the game I talk to my brother last night he is a assistant coach for a big division one school in Wisconsin high school. He both players was moving that is a no call and the player did flop big time so did Sammy after I watched it again. But that should have been a no call last night.
Sent video of both final calls to a friend who is a OHSAA ref who officiated the final four of D2 last year. His opinion, neither call was a foul. Game should have ended after Sammy’s miss. That was over-officiating. Probably knew they got fooled on the 3 point flop and they tried to correct it with the foul on Alex. Bad ending to a great game. Great atmosphere and both teams played at a very high-level.

I can feel the tension when Mark and T.Miller go at each other, when comes to basketball, this goes back even to the days when T.Miller coach at TCC,and was not much better when TMiller coach at TCC and Adam Hall was at Strasburg there some big tension games there, and what made even worse , they were family related,
It is interesting. I never get that feeling from Tucci or Rowe and Tucci has lost some heartbreakers to Hiland over the years. Maybe its just certain rivalries where lines get crossed sometimes. I know Garaway and Malvern had a run in last year.

That game next week at Malvern will be a interesting one, Garaway will have to bring there A+ game like they did against Hiland this season,to stand a chance with this year's Malvern team, I'm sure Garaway will try to use there physical nature against Malvern

I agree with the no call for Sammy once I watch it I think he had is legs sticking out also I don’t think there was no time left on that clock at first they were going to just ad 0.3 but 0.9 was to much but I guess it don’t matter if they got a foul called on Hiland. I think the game should of been over after Sammy hit the three foul shots and that was money when he hit those shots it reminded me of Jr Raber at the state tournament

Sent video of both final calls to a friend who is a OHSAA ref who officiated the final four of D2 last year. His opinion, neither call was a foul. Game should have ended after Sammy’s miss. That was over-officiating. Probably knew they got fooled on the 3 point flop and they tried to correct it with the foul on Alex. Bad ending to a great game. Great atmosphere and both teams played at a very high-level.
Judgement call. I'm not an official but I thought both calls were legit. Plenty of contact on both. You can't get close to kids legs on a 3 pointer just like you can't run over a kid on an inbound. When you watch the play Detweilers right leg goes out but McCombs foot is in the landing spot of his left leg that's not kicked out. Kids are taught to go down when their legs get contacted to prevent injury and get some calls as well. Could have gone either way but I didn't think either kid flopped. Officials were right there on both plays. Williams played his part perfectly. The game was close but if Hiland plays help defense and rebounds like they did last night they won't go far in the tournament. I think it will improve but I don't think the coaches were happy last night on those details. Always tough in a rivalry type game.

Hiland fans are delusional. Refs bailed you guys out once again. How can you sit here and say that kid from Indian valley didn’t get ran over? I love it. A couple of weeks ago you guys said we don’t make excuses. Every single game since you had a problem with the officiating. Oh and where’s the guy who said “ I want success for all IVC teams” were you celebrating with Indian Valley last night??? NO. You were in the parking lot starting your car to get the hell out of there. Talking about we can play with anybody in the state. Y’all barely can play with the IVC. Raining on a bunch of kids league title because “it was their Super Bowl” “acting like they won a state championship” news flash without the transfer portal your last state title would be 1992.

If it wasn't for Indian Valley South, what have you guys done lately, newsflash your last state title was over 40 years ago, and that's because it was IVS and we all knew how Charlie Huggins coach and how he work the refs,how many times has IV been to state

Last edited:
Hiland fans are delusional. Refs bailed you guys out once again. How can you sit here and say that kid from Indian valley didn’t get ran over? I love it. A couple of weeks ago you guys said we don’t make excuses. Every single game since you had a problem with the officiating. Oh and where’s the guy who said “ I want success for all IVC teams” were you celebrating with Indian Valley last night??? NO. You were in the parking lot starting your car to get the hell out of there. Talking about we can play with anybody in the state. Y’all barely can play with the IVC. Raining on a bunch of kids league title because “it was their Super Bowl” “acting like they won a state championship” news flash without the transfer portal your last state title would be 1992.
Most Hiland fans I know are saying the refs blew the call on Sammy’s 3 in Hiland’s favor. I for one loved the atmosphere last night at the game. I had no problem with the kids celebrating at half court. I wish more high school games had that energy and enthusiasm. I’m glad when teams beat us, it is a big deal to them.

Great win for Indian Valley last night! They were the better team by 1 point. Both teams played extremely tough. Probably both teams will be IVC co-champs.

Despite last night’s loss, Hiland has had a great season, playing one of the toughest schedules in the state. I expect a deep run in the tournament, but on any given night who knows what will happen.

good luck to all the IVC teams!

And how about your exchange student, did you forget to mention that

Ahhh. There's the jealously we know and love. I said I root for IVC teams. That was me. And I do. My kids went to East Holmes. Its East of Dover if your directionally challenged. 🙂. Also I know a lot of coaches and athletes from the rest of the IVC and talk to them quite a bit. Great people for the most part. Many great schools in Holmes and Tusc. Oh and it's a shared title if both teams win next week. Oh you forgot to mention IV has an exchange student and a transfer from Strasburg that had a big game last night. 🤭