IVC 22-23

I like the new gyms like Claymont and Hiland. Not a fan of Malvern's new gym. not sure why they got such a small gym. Buckeye trail has a nice gym, Strasburg and indian Valley's gyms are okay. I am not a fan of Tusky Valley's or TCC's gym. really outdated but Tusky definetly has an advantage at their gym.
I actually like the smaller gyms because it feels full and to me has a better atmosphere than some of the bigger gyms. Some of the bigger gyms in the IVC feel pretty empty most nights especially for girls games or volleyball.

The boys East District basketball tournament seedings are announce, here how the IVC did in there division
Division 4.
1 River
2 Caldwell
3 Hiland
4 Zanesville Rosecrans
5 Strasburg
11 TCC
13 Conotton Valley
16 Newcomerstown

Division 3
1 Malvern
2 Martins Ferry
3 Garaway
4 West Muskingum
5 Sandy Valley
9 Buckeye Trail
10 Tusky Valley
13 Ridgewood

Division 2
1 Maysville
2 New Philly
3 Carrollton
4 Tri- Valley
6 Indian Valley
14 Claymont

The boys East District basketball tournament seedings are announce, here how the IVC did in there division
Division 4.
1 River
2 Caldwell
3 Hiland
4 Zanesville Rosecrans
5 Strasburg
11 TCC
13 Conotton Valley
16 Newcomerstown

Division 3
1 Malvern
2 Martins Ferry
3 Garaway
4 West Muskingum
5 Sandy Valley
9 Buckeye Trail
10 Tusky Valley
13 Ridgewood

Division 2
1 Maysville
2 New Philly
3 Carrollton
4 Tri- Valley
6 Indian Valley
14 Claymont
Very surprised that Hiland got the three seed. Their schedule was brutal this year and they definetly played the hardest schedule but i did not expect the other coaches to recognize that

It was a very hard schedule and considering the schedule we compete most games only games we got blown out was garaway. I was very impressed with them against Indian valley we should be ready for the tournament other players stepped up and played very good defense. Only team I am worried about is river if we can get by river we have a shot to make it to state again and hopefully not play Richmond heights the first game I am still waiting for them to get suspended for something or dalton or cornerstone beats them

It was a very hard schedule and considering the schedule we compete most games only games we got blown out was garaway. I was very impressed with them against Indian valley we should be ready for the tournament other players stepped up and played very good defense. Only team I am worried about is river if we can get by river we have a shot to make it to state again and hopefully not play Richmond heights the first game I am still waiting for them to get suspended for something or dalton or cornerstone beats them
Idk what Richmond has back from last year, but if it’s the majority of the team. I can’t see dalton beating them.

Seen river in person play on the road at malvern I think their height and athleticism would give the hawks a fit. Clear favorite to win the district

Be interesting see what River does when they play at Dover on February 14, would like to go see that game, I think Dover does Live streaming

I just look at River's basketball preview,there height is not intimidating, the biggest is 6'4and 6'2 it's nothing that Hawks haven't seen, but I'm sure there athleticism makes up for alot of there success, they have about 4 seniors that are very good

I watch river play against shenedoha on you tube was not that impressed with river they almost lost lost and shenedoha was not that good. They are not as good as bishop ready. Who is the team ranked 3 that has not lost in division 4 I see we would play them in the regional finals if we get there. I don’t see garaway getting past martins ferry.

Bishop Ready is division 2, wonder which Garaway team will show up Tuesday against Malvern, the one that my Hawks easley ,or the one that just beat Claymont by only 7

Almost every year I think we will have trouble with river it hasn’t happen yet we normally shut them down I still remember when we played them at Cambridge they had that good player he did nothing it was a blow out. I am not to worry about river.

I still blame the refs for the blow out against garaway in the first half the second half we couldn’t play defense. I talk to my first cousin his son was the star running back at garaway he said they never shot threes as good as they did at hiland and haven’t since so they were up for us.

Almost every year I think we will have trouble with river it hasn’t happen yet we normally shut them down I still remember when we played them at Cambridge they had that good player he did nothing it was a blow out. I am not to worry about river.
Hawks will have to bring there A game in the district tournament to advance, like they did against Indian Valley this past Friday,that was probably there best all around game they played,the big key is to get major contribution from there role players, like they did against IV,if they do, I think this team has chance to go far

What was Indian Valley thinking, putting them in the side of the bracket , with a possible meeting of the no1 seed Maysville in district semi's, can someone give me their reasoning for this placement on the bracket

Bishop Ready is division 2, wonder which Garaway team will show up Tuesday against Malvern, the one that my Hawks easley ,or the one that just beat Claymont by only 7
I think for some reason Claymont just matches up well with Garaway.

What was Indian Valley thinking, putting them in the side of the bracket , with a possible meeting of the no1 seed Maysville in district semi's, can someone give me their reasoning for this placement on the bracket
Some coaches think they invented basketball and can out coach anyone. I completely Don’t understand their thinking. We’ll see. I guess they wanted a home game to get to the district semis. Maysville is really good. IV beat them last year in the tournament. This is a New Maysville team.

I know some coaches don't like that 7 to 10 day lay off, before tournaments start and rather not take the bye and play right away and some coaches think there team needs a little rest and some time to heal up, so maybe it works both ways sometimes

Some coaches think they invented basketball and can out coach anyone. I completely Don’t understand their thinking. We’ll see. I guess they wanted a home game to get to the district semis. Maysville is really good. IV beat them last year in the tournament. This is a New Maysville team.
I think if they would have went into the bottom bracket, I would have like my chances alot better against East Liverpool in the district semi's and then maybe a possible meeting with Maysville in the district finals,so now they will have a 11 day lay off before there first tournament game, maybe they thought they needed it

I think if they would have went into the bottom bracket, I would have like my chances alot better against East Liverpool in the district semi's and then maybe a possible meeting with Maysville in the district finals,so now they will have a 11 day lay off before there first tournament game, maybe they thought they needed it
Agree. What I don’t understand is that many coaches stayed away from the Liverpool-Carrollton bracket. Their both good, but they aren’t Maysville or Philly good

Carrollton is 19-2 and ranked 11th in the state and are on a long winning streak. They impressed me both times I saw them play Minerva. I wouldnt say there is a big difference in them, Philly and Maysville.

I agree Carrollton is on a roll, but they just beat Sandy Valley by 8 this past weekend @Carrollton, and Indian Valley beat SV by 16 at IV a couple weeks ago,I know it's hard to compare scores sometimes

The other reason I could see why they didn't want to jump in with Carrollton bracket, Indian Valley and Carrollton play each other on February 14 at IV

I’m playing Carrollton over philly n Maysville every day of the week. They’re good, but the 3rd or 4th best team in the district.

I was at the Carrollton Sandy valley game and wasn’t overly impressed by Carrollton. I think Indian valley matches up well with them. Sandy couldn’t buy a three in the 4th quarter of that game.