IVC 2022

one post said that the ivc has not had much success in the playoffs, is that true? It seems they have had as much success as any other league, minus the MAC. Am I wrong? Ridgewood and Malvern have each won a few games and have been to the final four. Garaway has won a few and has a chance this year. Indian Valley has been to a regional final. Just cant think of another league with more success. Help me out
This is crazy when you look at it. Since 2010 the only non-MAC/Kirtland schools to win a DV-DVII state title are:

McComb - 2018 DVII
Warren JFK - 2016 DVII

Carey - 2021 DVI

Orrville - 2018 DV
Wheelersburg - 2017 DV
Canton CC - 2016 DV
Ursuline - 2010 DV

The other 26 state titles in that time all belong to MAC schools or Kirtland.

it really has been just a few schools. I just wondered how it compared because I think some people underestimate how good the IVC has been, If you take Hiland out, I think football maybe more successful than basketball on a state and regional comparison.

Am interested to know how the PAC, NBC, Federal, ECOl, Cardinal conference, buckeye 8 or MVL have done in the playoffs the last 10 or 15.
I think the Ohio football playoffs started around 1970 so playoff wins ,regional and state title opportunities have existed since then 🤔 not the last 10 or 15 years 🤔
A high school football team does not have to belong to a conference to make the playoffs

it really has been just a few schools. I just wondered how it compared because I think some people underestimate how good the IVC has been, If you take Hiland out, I think football maybe more successful than basketball on a state and regional comparison.
That's not really a great comparison simply because most IVC schools knock each other out in sectional and district play. You don't often see IVC vs. IVC matchups in the football playoffs.

I wish Hiland had a football team because I feel like we might have some IVC State football titles if they did.

up until this year making the football playoffs was a lot different than winning a sectional or district. But I do agree that its not comparable. I also think if the Hawks had football, could be trouble for everyone else in the league

I Know that Buckeye Trail is finally healthy. Anyone else think there game with Newcomerstown is going to be close? any score predictions?

I Know that Buckeye Trail is finally healthy. Anyone else think there game with Newcomerstown is going to be close? any score predictions?
I absolutely think Buckeye Trail can win this game. You compare their IVC North scores and they are very similar with the lone difference being the end of the Malvern games.

I know BT is just 3-6 but realistically would Newcs have beaten Caldwell (8-1) Harrison Central (5-4), Barnesville (9-0), Shenandoah (6-3) or even Claymont in the first five weeks?

This will be a good matchup. I'm personally rooting for Newcs but I won't be surprised if BT wins.

I absolutely think Buckeye Trail can win this game. You compare their IVC North scores and they are very similar with the lone difference being the end of the Malvern games.

I know BT is just 3-6 but realistically would Newcs have beaten Caldwell (8-1) Harrison Central (5-4), Barnesville (9-0), Shenandoah (6-3) or even Claymont in the first five weeks?

This will be a good matchup. I'm personally rooting for Newcs but I won't be surprised if BT wins.
Newcomerstown 35 Buckeye Trail 27
The Trail of Tears is alive and well! Go Trojans!!!

I agree, Trail can win this game.

I feel it will be a fast game, both teams run run run!

Trails D will keep them in it. The question is can they produce any offense? I hope they can!

I'm really nervous about this week's game more so than I was during Malvern week. I agree with some of the other posters that these two teams are evenly matched but Buckeye Trail has just faced a much more difficult schedule.

The thing that has me really nervous is Newcs has already won a share of the North title and already clinched a playoff spot. The desperate team here is Buckeye Trail who can get their share of the North and likely a playoff spot with a win. I'm afraid Trail will have the emotional edge in this game.

Despite that, I can't go against my Trojans at this point. It'll be a dogfight but I think Newcs pulls out the game and wins the outright North title and clinches a home playoff game! My guesses this week:

Newcs 21 - Buckeye Trail 19
Malvern 20 - East Canton 12
Strasburg 14 - TCC 12 (yeah, I know)
Garaway 28 - Ridgewood 7
Indian Valley 35 - Claymont 14
Sandy Valley 56 - Tusky Valley 7

Regardless of the outcome, you really gotta tip your cap to Newcomerstown. I remember after week 1, people were thinking they may not win a game. Newcomerstown and Malvern are very young teams and there battles over the next 2-3 years should be classic

Haha. I was actually talking to someone about this last night. Of the four bottom feeders of the IVC, which program do you think has the best chance to turn it around and compete for a league title in the next decade?

Claymont
Tusky Valley
Newcomerstown
Strasburg

To me I'd say Claymont just because of the numbers advantage they have. Interested to hear others thoughts.
I posted this back in August and congrats to those of you who said Newcs. I certainly didn't see this coming this year!

Newcs 27- Buckeye Trail 21 OT
Malvern 21 East Canton 20
Strasburg 13 TCC 6
Garaway 35 - Ridgewood 14
Indian Valley 49 - Claymont 7 **
Sandy Valley 47 - Tusky Valley 0

** Braves go for 6th straight vs Mustangs. Braves have outscored Mustangs 206-20 in last 4 wins, keep it rolling.

Last edited:
Newcs 27- Buckeye Trail 21 OT
Malvern 21 East Canton 20
Strasburg 13 TCC 6
Garaway 35 - Ridgewood 14
Indian Valley 49 - Claymont 7 **
Sandy Valley 47 - Tusky Valley 0

** Braves go for 6th straight vs Mustangs. Braves have outscored Mustangs 206-20 in last 4 wins, keep it rolling.
Trail is beating newcomerstown

week 10 predictions

Garaway 38
Ridgewood 7

Sandy Valley 31
Tusky Valley 13

Indian Valley 50
Claymont 6

TCC 14
Strasburg 7

Buckeye Trail 20
Newcomerstown 16

Malvern 34
East Canton 20

Congratulations to Garaway and Newcomerstown on league titles.

Garaway, Indian Valley, Ridgewood, Newcomerstown and Malvern all make the playoffs.

Looks like
Garaway vs Smithville
Indian Valley vs Philo
Ridgewood @ Berkshire (2 hours away)
Newcomerstown vs West Jefferson
Malvern @ Coal Grove Dawson-Bryant (5 hrs away)

Congratulations to Garaway and Newcomerstown on league titles.

Garaway, Indian Valley, Ridgewood, Newcomerstown and Malvern all make the playoffs.

Looks like
Garaway vs Smithville
Indian Valley vs Philo
Ridgewood @ Berkshire (2 hours away)
Newcomerstown vs West Jefferson
Malvern @ Coal Grove Dawson-Bryant (5 hrs away)
First of all, WAY TO GO TROJANS! I'm so happy for Newcomerstown to be relevant again and to win the IVC North division title. I know it's a division title but from where Newcs has been to here is great.

Having said that, IVC football is in bad shape. How can only 5 of 12 teams in the league make the playoffs? Outside of Garaway, I'm not sure I expect much playoff success. The league was really down this year.

First of all, WAY TO GO TROJANS! I'm so happy for Newcomerstown to be relevant again and to win the IVC North division title. I know it's a division title but from where Newcs has been to here is great.

Having said that, IVC football is in bad shape. How can only 5 of 12 teams in the league make the playoffs? Outside of Garaway, I'm not sure I expect much playoff success. The league was really down this year.
If Sandy Valley, East Canton and Tusky Valley all leave and head back to the PAC, some restructuring would definitely need to be done. Any thoughts on teams to add to make the league better for competition?