IVC 2022

I haven't followed IV closely enough to say if the starting QB situation has made a difference but I will say it's so nice to see a team running a power rushing attack. I wish more IVC teams would do this because honestly very few IVC teams have the personnel to run the spread but they keep trying to jam the square peg into the round hole.

On another note, let's give a huge shoutout to Indian Valley for doing the work to build up their non-conference schedule. The played:

Beaver Local 8-4
Roosevelt DC 9-1
Dover 5-5
Cambridge 8-4

Everyone of those teams probably helped Indian Valley grow as a team in some way. If you really look at Indian Valley's schedule they pretty much played teams that were competitive games each week with just a few exceptions in league play.

I haven't followed IV closely enough to say if the starting QB situation has made a difference but I will say it's so nice to see a team running a power rushing attack. I wish more IVC teams would do this because honestly very few IVC teams have the personnel to run the spread but they keep trying to jam the square peg into the round hole.

On another note, let's give a huge shoutout to Indian Valley for doing the work to build up their non-conference schedule. The played:

Beaver Local 8-4
Roosevelt DC 9-1
Dover 5-5
Cambridge 8-4

Everyone of those teams probably helped Indian Valley grow as a team in some way. If you really look at Indian Valley's schedule they pretty much played teams that were competitive games each week with just a few exceptions in league play.
Best team Cambridge played all year..and it wasn't close. They have some talented kids coming up too.

Beaver Local 8-4
Roosevelt DC 9-1
Dover 5-5
Cambridge 8-4

With that being said I also think being in a very non-competitive region has helped the situation too. But kudos to them you still have to get there and win games and they've done that and I hope they continue to do that as well. Indian Valley is very skilled and physical I see next year being a year they really have a shot at making a lot of noise more so than this year!!

There are a few schools that will be interesting to watch in my opinion.

Strasburg - Can they get a quality coach?
TCC - Can they get a quality coach if he steps down?
East Canton - Remember the BOE wanted to make a change prior to this season and I doubt anything that happened made them believe that Spider is the guy they want. Will they want him back and will he want to be back?
Tusky Valley - Their performance on the field has been brutal. Is 3 years enough to judge a coach on? Maybe not but when the team has been so non competitive how do you justify year 4? To me the question is does TV care enough to make a change?
Buckeye Trail - I'm just going to throw this one out there as a wild card because it feels like BT has consistently underachieved the last several years. Hard to have an idea how the natives are feeling though because BT is so removed from the rest of the league
Has anyone heard anything about the Strasburg coaching search? I looked on the OHSAA coaching vacancies page and they aren't listed as searching for a coach which is pretty odd. If Strasburg is serious about football they should have a coach hired ASAP so he can institute his offseason program. If they are serious.

To all the "so called people in KNOW" regarding the EX-Strasburg Head Coach That was Fired after 5 games I would like to set the record straight! To the idiot that said "he wasn't there for the kids except for Friday " is straight lying or just spewing crap they are hearing from misinformed people or people with an axe to grind, to whoever is reading this and not knowing better. Coach Campbell was at the school from February begging and trying everything he could to get kids to come out and start training in the offseason which on most days he would only have 1 to 4 kids come out after he drove 40 minutes to try to get this program turned around, and that was counting middle school kids. he gave 100 percent of his time to the kids from February on until he was unjustifiably let go, something I cannot say of most all of the coaches including the coach they chose to replace him Coach Speidel who missed every practice until fall practices started! The only coaches that were there thru the summer were coach henry and coach Moore. I know for a fact that both middle school coaches never came to a single practice even though they were asked to until 2 weeks before the season started and the varsity coach Speicher missed NUMEROUS practices when he finally showed in mid summer for jv basketball practices and all basketball camps. the last time I checked basketball is a winter sport and comes after football. Basically in a nut shell coach had no support from the fellow coaches that the administration "made him take" and from administration that would not let him pick coaches that were extremely qualified but the the AD Gary Spinell , and The outgoing superintendent refused to let him hire because they had posted " mean posts on Facebook about the administration or they just didn't like personally even though they actually were great players that had played at Strasburg and would have been excellent additions to the coaching staff and would have actually contributed in helping turn around the culture at the school. then lets talk about the Athletic Director Gary Spinell, I know the kids were invited to go to the Hall Of Fame 7on 7 and would have been free for all players, games on Tom Benson field, tour the hall of fame and dinner there as well all free but because it was on the weekend of Strasburg's self imposed no contact period he would not allow it. That was only offered to the school because of Blake Campbell. so let me get this straight, multiple kids missed multiple practices during football season because the basketball coach decided to have multiple camps but we had to have the self imposed 10 days away from all athletes during football season?? Tell me how that leads to any fairness or any way for the football team to get better.. especially when you only had 15 kids max showing up at that time during summer. Blake was told they wanted him to increase numbers and they knew he would win many games because he would be started a majority of 9th and 10th graders and Coach Campbell did that, he started the regular season going from 15 mid summer to almost 30 week 1. People say they saw him leave the field before the kids on Wednesday or Tuesdays. Coach left a half hour early to take his son to an appt each week when it was defensive practice and his defensive coordinator was running practice anyways which he always did! that brings us to one of my last few points. the amount of begging to get kids to play at this school is ridiculous. One of the so called TOP players on the team missed 3 weeks in a row of practice for golf and then would come to the game and think he should play in the game no matter what and actually had his parents question the coaches why he was being held out of the game as a punishment for not coming to practices. he hadn't practiced in a month! Again kids missed multiple practices during the season for basketball again and baseball tournaments. I realize this happens elsewhere but this place need a culture turned around and if they want to win they cannot keep this up. Also in the summer kids would not lift weights because the Coach the field is named after refused to let the boys lift weights. He said it wasn't needed. Also the baseball players moms actually told coach Campbell that there kids were not coming to lifting until baseball was completely done and one mom told coach that her son and another boy that was at her house would also not be lifting and called that boys parents to encourage them not to have him lift weights! As u see everything is not as it seems or there is always 2 sides to every story. coach Campbell is a great coach and the fact they replaced him with the girls Softball coach who had little to no football knowledge , over other more qualified coaches on the staff of varsity and middle school all because he is best friends with the athletic director is another reason Strasburg football has not been a winner for 20 years and most likely wont be a winner for 20 more unless they get the morons out of the administration! I know Coach Campbell will get another job in the future because he is an excellent football coach and the relates well to the kids. I pity the next football coach at Strasburg because they have a lot of crap to wade through to get to respectability in the IVC on a consistent basis. It need to be a commitment on the administrations part to not just support basketball but football also, have the parents wake up and learn that lifting weights is needed almost year round not just starting in July, and have the kid realize that to be good at something you actually have to attend practices and study and want to be there! good luck and please stop with the Coach Campbell is a horrible coach stuff. Again you don't know what you are talking about!

Ya Speidel probably didn't show up to the fall, probably celebrating the state champ. he just won as a head coach in his own sport bozo

Has anyone heard anything about the Strasburg coaching search? I looked on the OHSAA coaching vacancies page and they aren't listed as searching for a coach which is pretty odd. If Strasburg is serious about football they should have a coach hired ASAP so he can institute his offseason program. If they are serious.
5DE2FFAC-0F6F-405A-8DB1-D0E73BBCA127.jpeg

Strasburg just posted this on social media today.

Only two sports Strasburg cares about, Boys Basketball & Girls Softball. The others get no support from the community or administration.

Only two sports Strasburg cares about, Boys Basketball & Girls Softball. The others get no support from the community or administration.
You know this is something I've never understood about schools. Why even offer programs if you aren't going to try and excel? You don't care about a sport, don't offer it. What good comes out of losing every single year?

Let the kids that want to play for a community that supports a sport, don't offer the sport and let them go play at another school that cares.

You know this is something I've never understood about schools. Why even offer programs if you aren't going to try and excel? You don't care about a sport, don't offer it. What good comes out of losing every single year?
There are a lot of schools today that only really care about offering a lot of things for the kids to do, especially smaller schools, which dilutes the athletes throughout those sports. Many even let their kids play multiple sports at the same time. Their slogan should be "Why be good a few things, when we can be bad at all of them".

There are a lot of schools today that only really care about offering a lot of things for the kids to do, especially smaller schools, which dilutes the athletes throughout those sports. Many even let their kids play multiple sports at the same time. Their slogan should be "Why be good a few things, when we can be bad at all of them".
Hahaha! How true is that slogan. Hiland might be the only IVC school that is pretty much good at everything they offer right? Are they bad at anything?

Seeing how this is a football forum - I say Hiland is bad at football and that is why they don't field a team.
lots of stories as to why they don't - nothing definite tho
I'll see if I can find it but back in the 70s there were articles about Hiland having signups for football and that is was on the agenda for the next meeting to start football. Then you never see anything after that. I wonder what happened because I'm pretty sure Hiland would be really good.

Softball they’re horrible but besides that nothing I can think of
Softball and track.

Boys golf - state championship good
Volleyball - league championship good
Boys' soccer -district level good
Girls' soccer - district level good
Football - Don't offer
CC - Don't offer
Girls' golf - Don't offer

Boys' hoops - state championship good
Girls' hoops - state championship good
Wrestling - don't offer

Baseball - District level good
Softball - Horrible. Couldn't field a team a few years ago
Track - Only a few kids compete

Softball and track.

Boys golf - state championship good
Volleyball - league championship good
Boys' soccer -district level good
Girls' soccer - district level good
Football - Don't offer
CC - Don't offer
Girls' golf - Don't offer

Boys' hoops - state championship good
Girls' hoops - state championship good
Wrestling - don't offer

Baseball - District level good
Softball - Horrible. Couldn't field a team a few years ago
Track - Only a few kids compete
They also do, or did, well at tennis.

How many regional championships do the big three have in football ?
I know there was talk that some people felt this was Garaways best football team in school history .

Ridgewood has three regional final teams, one champion
Indian valley has two with zero champions
Malvern, I think has two with one champion
Garaway has never been to the regional finals

Ridgewood has three regional final teams, one champion
Indian valley has two with zero champions
Malvern, I think has two with one champion
Garaway has never been to the regional finals
Correct, Malvern won D6 region 23 in 2008, runner up in 2009. Ridgewood won D5 region 19 in 2009

Welp, so much for the IVC breaking through the glass ceiling this year. Indian Valley has nothing to be ashamed of because they went much further than anyone imagined. Maybe next year :)

Let's hope the 2023 season is a little bit more exciting than the 2022 season was because this past season didn't provide much juice :(