IUDOGS: 2022 - 2023 Ohio High School Head Football Coaching Changes

Who was their interim coach? Is he a candidate to get the job officially?

I haven't heard for sure, but I'd have to imagine if he wants it he'd be a candidate. I believe he took over before the Ayersville loss when things were crazy, but then they rebounded with 3 convincing wins, a playoff win, and they played Elmwood as well as almost anyone in that loss. All things considered he did a great job.

It's December 20, 2022

Devlin Culliver is replacing Coach Mark passion as then new Head Football Coach at Youngstown East (Division III).

Elyria (Division I) is now looking for a new Head Football Coach to replace Coach Devlin Culliver.

:):cool::p:banana::love::unsure:

This is IUDOGS signing off.

Any news on the Central Ohio jobs? Westerville North, Dublin Scioto, Pickerington Central ... all of those should start a nice chain reaction of coaching jobs, not just there in central Ohio but maybe some other places.

Lakewood (Cuyahoga Cty) Head Coach Tom Thome is leaving to take the same role at Amherst Steele, thus Lakewood needs a new Head Coach.

Millbury Lake has been filled

Movin on UP. Too the top!

1671586974221.png

It's December 20, 2022

Devlin Culliver is replacing Coach Mark passion as then new Head Football Coach at Youngstown East (Division III).

Elyria (Division I) is now looking for a new Head Football Coach to replace Coach Devlin Culliver.

:):cool::p:banana::love::unsure:

Youngstown East is DIV

It's December 22, 2022

LEETONIA (Division VII) is now looking for a new Head Football Coach to replace Coach John Protopapa

:unsure: :banana: :p :cool: :)

It's December 22, 2022

LEETONIA (Division VII) is now looking for a new Head Football Coach to replace Coach John Protopapa

:unsure: :banana: :p :cool: :)

should be a mad rush of applications.

10 games 10 mercy clocks. (tough schedule though)

1671815393177.png

Nick Saban look out!

It's December 27, 2022

1. Alliance Marlington (Division III) is now looking for a new Head Football Coach to replace Coach Philo Mauro.

2. Bucyrus (Division VI) is now looking for a new Head Football Coach to replace Coach Tim Plumley.

3. Akron Ellet (Division II) is now looking for a new Head Football Coach to replace Coach Phillip Mitchell.

4. Belpre (Division VI) is now looking for a new Head Football Coach to replace Coach Jimmie Bell.

5. Chris Graham is replacing Coach Karl B Justus as the new Head Football Coach at wells ton (Division V).

:unsure: :) :banana: :p :cool:

Last edited:
It's December 27, 2022

1. Alliance Marlington (Division III) is now looking for a new Head Football Coach to replace Coach Philo Mauro.

2. Bucyrus (Division VI) is now looking for a new Head Football Coach to replace Coach Tim Plumley.

3. Akron Ellet (Division II) is now looking for a new Head Football Coach to replace Coach Phillip Mitchell.

4. Belpre (Division VI) is now looking for a new Head Football Coach to replace Coach Jimmie Bell.

5. Chris Graham is replacing Coach Karl B Justus as the new Head Football Coach at wells ton (Division V).

:unsure: :) :banana: :p :cool:

hahahaha! The annual Phil Mauro opening. Stop hiring this guy!

Is this the same Brian Cross that was at Grove City, Canton McKinley, Olentangy Orange, Bishop Ready & assistant at Newark Catholic? He would be in his 70's by now.
The Pride of Warren!

Even though at first glance it seems like an unusual hire, Brian will work his tail off and he’s capable of getting TV into shape to play OCC ball. I think the big thing here though is you’d either want his successor to be on the staff from the get-go, or you’d want to lean on him for his concepts and program experience in identifying what the next coach needs to bring to make TV long-term successful.

It's January 02, 2022

1. Ryan Franzinger now the new Head Football Coach to replace Coach Chuck Kyle at Cleveland St Ignatius (Division I.

2. Wooster Triway is now looking for a new Head Football Coach to replace Coach Eric Brenner.

3. Brian Cross is now the new Head Football Coach to replace Coach Mark Weber at Ashville Reays Valley (Division II).

:unsure: :cool: :) :banana: :p

Now that most schools are back, should we start to see a lot more movement on these coaching jobs? The coaching carousel should start to get moving, I would think

Trent Williamson will be the next Head Football Coach at Westland HS. Per Darren Gambell's Facebook/twitter page.

I wonder if the Brian Cross hiring is a short term (3years or something) just to get the program started in the OCC and then look for a more long term hire. Either way, GREAT HIRE

Question who hires a head coach and says hey this is short term we just need you to jump start our program in a new conference and than we need you to leave?