Is SWBL expanding and adding Wilmington and Clinton Massie?

I know CM has received an invite to listen to possibilities of expansion from 2 different leagues. The SWBL and the SWOC. None of this means those conferences will expand or that CM would accept an offer. Don’t know anything about Wilmington nor do I care to.

Not like we’d be playing CM next year. Our football schedule for next year is the same just flip flopped.

The SWBL obviously wants 12-14 teams. Why? I have no idea.
Adding CM and Wilmington (who is a former member of the SWBL) seems like a good move. Cedarville and Greeneview would be good additions to the small division.
The SWBL won't add anyone north of, say, I70 in my opinion.
Southwestern division
Valley View
Franklin
Monroe
Bellbrook
Wilmington
Clinton Massie

Buckeye division
Brookville
Oakwood
Madison
Carlisle
Waynesville
Eaton
Looks pretty good to me.

Adding CM and Wilmington (who is a former member of the SWBL) seems like a good move. Cedarville and Greeneview would be good additions to the small division.
Southwestern division
Valley View
Franklin
Monroe
Bellbrook
Wilmington
Clinton Massie

Buckeye division
Brookville
Oakwood
Madison
Carlisle
Waynesville
Eaton
Looks pretty good to me.
Looks like a pretty good split to me!

Massie would smack everyone. Wilmington would be fine but Massie is the team we don’t need. Bellbrook would give them a good game but everyone else I mean Monroe is pretty good right now but we’re not on Bellbrooks level yet. Most of us would get run over.

Massie would smack everyone. Wilmington would be fine but Massie is the team we don’t need. Bellbrook would give them a good game but everyone else I mean Monroe is pretty good right now but we’re not on Bellbrooks level yet. Most of us would get run over.
In football yes but in most other sports Massie would be near or at the bottom of the league.

I think the SWBL is in trouble. I think the small schools are ready to bolt (WV, CAR, MAD) and the league is looking at bigger schools to replace them.

This is all conjecture, I have no real knowledge, but I think the league is broken. I don't think bringing in C-M, Wilmington, Edgewood, etc is going to change that.

Hornet, what a shameful excuse. Massie would not smack everyone in this league. As a matter of fact I bet most would be competitive. Also, it would raise the bar in the league.

dograt, I bet you are right. I had a feeling when all of those small schools left it would make the remaining ones very unhappy.

Massie “smacking” everyone should not be a reason for adding, not adding them to the conference. They have a very good program and will seemingly always be competitive. From what I have heard this current Senior class was a special group and Massie fans have been pointing to them since grade school. They will make the league better and prepare the other members for what the expectation is to go far in the playoffs.

Southwestern division
Valley View
Franklin
Monroe
Bellbrook
Wilmington
Clinton Massie

Buckeye division
Brookville
Oakwood
Madison
Carlisle
Waynesville
Eaton
Looks pretty good to me.
I would think the MVL would look to add Bellbrook and Franklin, put them in the Valley division and move Sidney to the Miami Division.

Miami Division
Sidney
Piqua
Troy
Tippecanoe
Greenville
Vandalia Butler

Valley Division
Stebbins
Xenia
Fairborn
West Carrollton
Bellbrook
Franklin

I would think the MVL would look to add Bellbrook and Franklin, put them in the Valley division and move Sidney to the Miami Division.

Miami Division
Sidney
Piqua
Troy
Tippecanoe
Greenville
Vandalia Butler

Valley Division
Stebbins
Xenia
Fairborn
West Carrollton
Bellbrook
Franklin
Would this help Bellbrook or Franklin? I don't see this being a benefit to either.

Would this help Bellbrook or Franklin? I don't see this being a benefit to either.
Why?

Bellbrook had 2 quality matchups with Tipp this season.

Potential crossover games with Piqua, Troy, Tipp would be an upgrade. Also, Stebbins was decent this year.

With the SWBL, you’re playing divisions 3-5 primarily. With the MVL, they would be playing almost all divisions 2-3.

Why?

Bellbrook had 2 quality matchups with Tipp this season.

Potential crossover games with Piqua, Troy, Tipp would be an upgrade. Also, Stebbins was decent this year.

With the SWBL, you’re playing divisions 3-5 primarily. With the MVL, they would be playing almost all divisions 2-3.
I think the crossover games could help but not sure the league games are much different than the SWBL.

Probably would have been nice for Monroe to see massie this year before they played alter.
Cmon bro. Worry about that down the road if we play them. The alter game was competitive and fun to watch until our workhorse got knocked out. We likely wouldn’t have won 8 games if it we didn’t have Jackson. In games like that when you have no pass game your gonna get beat.

Just to play devil's advocate.....
I keep hearing how weak CM's league is, and they still seem to do OK. How many times were they really tested in the regular season? 2? (Anderson, DeSales?)

I think the MAC has other things going on that contribute to success. I'm not sure playing a tough schedule is all it's cracked up to be.

Ok. Let me change my tune and you can judge how stupid it sounds. Here we go....

CM should not seek to move to the SWBL. The SBAAC is just as competitive in all sports plus the travel is great.

Just to play devil's advocate.....
I keep hearing how weak CM's league is, and they still seem to do OK. How many times were they really tested in the regular season? 2? (Anderson, DeSales?)

I think the MAC has other things going on that contribute to success. I'm not sure playing a tough schedule is all it's cracked up to be.
Anderson, DeSales, Western Brown.

however, Clinton Massies culture probably contributes a good bit to their success in the postseason. they have also been their before. how it developed? i’m not sure. seems like they have a very good support system in the Massie district. i think the SWBL adding them will be a positive for everyone involved.

I have to agree. I seriously doubt either of those two want to be with the schools in the Valley division to the point of it being viewed as a worst case scenario in regards to league realignment. Very weak overall athletic programs and some schools that travel very poorly.

Would love to see Massie join the SWBL. Massie fans travel extremely well so gates would be up if they would join SWBL. Wilmington will never leave the SBAAC. It seems their admin is scared of competition.