Is SWBL expanding and adding Wilmington and Clinton Massie?

If you can get Greenon have at it. Not totally hating on them they are fine but haven't been a 100% great fit for OHC from day 1 (just my loudmouth opinion)
Greeneview likes being the big kid of the OHC south so whatever they can stay because I like the schools they tie into ( Cedarville & Southeastern)
OHC needs to look east as time goes on anyway!
it appears the OHC is trending east, but are there many options?

here’s my short list of schools the OHC could (and might) target at some point:

Westfall (complete long shot, but they are east)
East Clinton (actually shocked they didn’t get invited over Greenon, I would love to see East Clinton in the league at some point)
Waynesville (unlikely, but possible if the south were to become the old KTC)
North Union (would be great in the north and makes that division even better than it is
Shawnee (as they shrink i think this becomes more likely, but they won’t leave the CBC until they fall off competitively, also geographically perfect in the south)
Northwestern (makes sense, but they don’t seem interested)
Riverside (just joined a new league, but very suprised they aren’t already in the OHC)
Ben Logan (makes sense, but not is @Down The Road has anything to say about it!)
Indian Lake (see my ben logan reasoning)

Only schools I could see in the OHC down the road are North Union, East Clinton and Riverside...as noted, two of those schools should probably already be in the league and have a lot of historical tie-ins.

As far as the SWBL, I think they do have a serious problem if they are trying to push to 16 schools. An available D5 football/D3 all other sports that's easily accessible and reasonably close to Dayton does not exist. The only schools that I think fit the profile of their ideal smaller candidate are Greeneview, Greenon and Bethel...and that's why it seems Dayton Christian will be getting in with a big question mark as to who may fill the last spot if expansion does indeed occur.

it appears the OHC is trending east, but are there many options?

here’s my short list of schools the OHC could (and might) target at some point:

Westfall (complete long shot, but they are east)
East Clinton (actually shocked they didn’t get invited over Greenon, I would love to see East Clinton in the league at some point)
Waynesville (unlikely, but possible if the south were to become the old KTC)
North Union (would be great in the north and makes that division even better than it is
Shawnee (as they shrink i think this becomes more likely, but they won’t leave the CBC until they fall off competitively, also geographically perfect in the south)
Northwestern (makes sense, but they don’t seem interested)
Riverside (just joined a new league, but very suprised they aren’t already in the OHC)
Ben Logan (makes sense, but not is @Down The Road has anything to say about it!)
Indian Lake (see my ben logan reasoning)
Dang Right about those Logan County schools!! Too far from anywhere & too big for the small schools and just ehhhh no!! The one Logan county school in the OHC now is filtering with the CBC and that's fine. There seems to be a season of discontent in a lot of different places!

Both Greenon and NW would be better fits in the TRC if they ever look to expand, rather than the SWBL.

Both Greenon and NW would be better fits in the TRC if they ever look to expand, rather than the SWBL.
I agree entirely...that's the only theoretical situation that you could argue might be better than what they currently have between all-sports and travel times. Windows on aligning might not have lined up very well, but I wish those two and Graham would have tried to get in the initial TRC alignment. Even in separate leagues I think those three should be playing Bethel, Miami East and even Miltion-Union frequently in most sports.

Getting those six in the same league is the only way I'd be fine with Northwestern breaking from the other Clark county CBC schools, and I think it would be the right move if it could be done.

Dang Right about those Logan County schools!! Too far from anywhere & too big for the small schools and just ehhhh no!! The one Logan county school in the OHC now is filtering with the CBC and that's fine. There seems to be a season of discontent in a lot of different places!
i think a few discontent schools may cause quite a bit of reshuffling.. it’s crazy to think things that happen in Clinton and Warren county could have effects in Logan and Union county!

A friend just tried to convince me of this... Badin and McNicholas head to the MVC (to join P-M and Bacon) and Fenwick, C-J, Alter, and Carroll join the SWBL.
It will never happen but is it that bad of an idea?

hmmm.
One division-Franklin, Bellbrook, Monroe, CJ, Alter, Carroll, Eaton
One is Oakwood, VV, Brookville, Waynesville, Madison, Carlisle, Fenwick

Or Eaton and Valley View could swap.

interesting

I just watched Northwestern score 15 points in a varsity boys basketball game last night…and they had one of the worst football teams I’ve ever seen this past fall. Something has to change there.

W-L Salem wants in the CBC?

I just watched Northwestern score 15 points in a varsity boys basketball game last night…and they had one of the worst football teams I’ve ever seen this past fall. Something has to change there.

W-L Salem wants in the CBC?
They don't need to change anything; they have almost always been bad in both of those sports minus a few years here or there. Changing leagues isn't going to change that and would be a knee jerk reaction to the current cycle of upper classmen being about as bad as they've ever been in both of those sports. Alder is only giving up 22 PPG so far, and Fairbanks only mustered 12 against them a couple weeks ago.

Six of the last seven years NW finished in the top-2 in all-sports in their division of the CBC, and this fall they won 30% of the divisional titles despite one of their usual better sports, boys cross country, being uncharacteristically very bad. When you get beyond football and basketball, the rest of their athletic program is much more like Shawnee and Kenton Ridge than the average OHC school. The only reason they should give any thought to leaving is that their divisional travel is terrible and they've had two local rivals (Greenon and Miami East) leave in the last 15 years.

WL-S seems to get a lot of mention with the CBC as NW does with the OHC, because they "fit". I don't see any upside, especially when you assume they'd be in the Mad River division. Why would they want to play Indian Lake, Urbana, Ben Logan, etc. over Mechanicsburg, Triad and Fairbanks? It doesn't really improve travel, rivalries are lesser, and in the bigger sports the competition isn't any better...and in football it's much worse. It seems to just be a talking point.