Is Escaping Poverty A Valid Reason To Apply To The US For Asylum ?? ??

Poverty Is A Valid Reason To Apply For Asylum

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So you can’t debate facts so you spew your hurt feelings instead? Why don’t you have the guts to answer the question? The Asylum Era was started by Trump when the granted claims skyrocketed.

Factless Cultists ignore the truth.

Gibberish spewed by only the most useful of idiots.

lmao

Of course there is hypocrisy. "Walls are racist" "it's inhumane to stop people from entering the country"

Easy platitudes 1000s of miles from the border. Now that they are getting a taste of what those communities deal with they are freaking out.
They deal with it more than any other place. How do you not understand that? New York city already deals with much more. You guys really do not know what goes on or where people come from and how they are handled. Keep watching FOX news and stay ignorant.
Yep, those cities should do everything, since they are proud "Sanctuary Cities", and soft on crime.

Let them accept all of these new criminals.
New York has a much lower crime rate than Texas. Why do you guys allow yourselves to be so misinformed?

Crime Index - Texas, USA has crime index above the national average and New York, USA has crime index below the national average.

Already explained. It's not a legit vote. It's flawed in it's reasoning.

No, it's not.

You either believe poverty is a valid reason to grant an asylum claim, or you don't. I understand the party that can't define what a woman is may have a problem with absolutes.

Like claiming NY 1000s of miles from the border deals with the effects of illegals more than Texas, Arizona etc
The year 2023 has air planes and a northern border and ships. You have to be in the US to seek asylum. How many planes land in NYC every day from other countries? Do you think the majority of Chinese asylum seekers are flying into LA, Chicago, NYC or coming to the southern border? Even the people that come across the southern border eventually make their way to NYC, Chicago and LA.

Top 7 cities with the most Hispanics. Think people that cross the boarder might make it to NYC to be with family? Or LA?
1 NYC 2.3 million
2 LA 1.8 million
3 Houston 900k
4 San Antonio 807k
5 Chicago 775k
6 Phoenix 645k
7 Dallas 537k

The year 2023 has air planes and a northern border and ships. You have to be in the US to seek asylum. How many planes land in NYC every day from other countries? Do you think the majority of Chinese asylum seekers are flying into LA, Chicago, NYC or coming to the southern border? Even the people that come across the southern border eventually make their way to NYC, Chicago and LA.

Top 7 cities with the most Hispanics. Think people that cross the boarder might make it to NYC to be with family? Or LA?
1 NYC 2.3 million
2 LA 1.8 million
3 Houston 900k
4 San Antonio 807k
5 Chicago 775k
6 Phoenix 645k
7 Dallas 537k
Vaguely saying Hispanic in New York City, without parsing off Puerto Ricans, is pretty stupid. Many PRs want nothing to do with the border jumpers. Cubans as well.
Typical racist Democrat. All the same. You hate to see it….

Vaguely saying Hispanic in New York City, without parsing off Puerto Ricans, is pretty stupid. Many PRs want nothing to do with the border jumpers. Cubans as well.
Typical racist Democrat. All the same. You hate to see it….
NY takes in the most Asylum seekers. That is a fact. You do know that people can fly in on planes and seek asylum. Miami doesn't seem to have any issue taking in as many Cuban asylum seekers as come there, but will ship others off to NY. Change the laws. This has been decades. When our economy is the best in the world, people are going to come here.

NY takes in the most Asylum seekers. That is a fact. You do know that people can fly in on planes and seek asylum. Miami doesn't seem to have any issue taking in as many Cuban asylum seekers as come there, but will ship others off to NY. Change the laws. This has been decades. When our economy is the best in the world, people are going to come here.
This is 100% caused by two things - Biden braying like a jackass to the world that he was tearing down “Remain in Mexico”, and the insane concierge interpretation of the responsibilities of Homeland Security by Alejandro Mayorkas.

It is plain that anyone that denies that is not worthy of a conversation on the topic. I’m not interested in any other ancillary whataboutery. See you later, serial liar.

They are being sent to cities that already take in the majority of asylum seekers / refugees. NY city already takes in the most by far. Being stupid and spiteful does no good for anyone. Does NY city, Chicago and Los Angeles have to do everything? So let's do as you say and share the burden. The 3 cities you listed already do more than their share. You are taking joy from publicity stunts that just hurt people. Why is there only so much help that can be given? We have a booming economy. Just got done crying about labor shortages and nearly revolted over the price of eggs.
I found you are incorrect. According to US News - Most refuges are going to in most to least order (Top 10) TX, CA, NY, MI, AZ, WA, FL, OH, PA, GA. Then if you want to go per capita (https://immresearch.org/publications/refugee-resettlement-per-capita-which-states-do-the-most/) Ohio is number 16, TX - 25, NY - 29 and IL is 31st. So no, per Capita NY nor Chicago is not doing their fair share. Not sure what booming economy you are talking about, yes, I would agree there are numerous low paying jobs that go unfilled, but dont believe there is a booming economy.

Last edited:
I found you are incorrect. According to US News - Most refuges are going to in most to least order (Top 10) TX, CA, NY, MI, AZ, WA, FL, OH, PA, GA. Then if you want to go per capita (https://immresearch.org/publications/refugee-resettlement-per-capita-which-states-do-the-most/) Ohio is number 16, TX - 25, NY - 29 and IL is 31st. So no, per Capita NY nor Chicago is not doing their fair share. Not sure what booming economy you are talking about, yes, I would agree there are numerous low paying jobs that go unfilled, but dont believe there is a booming economy.
Per Capita? NY city has the most asylum seekers per city.

lol

Cherry picking out of context data probably does interest you. I mean, without it you don't have much to say!
LOL. Out of context. It was the annual number of granted asylum claims by year. That is all the context you need. It exploded under Trump. Why?

LOL. Out of context. It was the annual number of granted asylum claims by year. That is all the context you need. It exploded under Trump. Why?

I give up, why?

Anyone defending the Biden Administration's open and unsecured border and border policies is an anti-American traitor deserving of a good tar and feathering.

Please make a note of this.

I give up, why?

Anyone defending the Biden Administration's open and unsecured border and border policies is an anti-American traitor deserving of a good tar and feathering.

Im not defending crap. You posted data that clearly shows granted asylum claims exploded under Trump. I’m simply asking the basis for their claims and why they skyrocketed? It was data you posted.

That's frickin' hilarious. You are the site's chief Biden Administration defender. Afterall, you've got to justify your vote.

Nope. I am the sites source of facts like asylum claims and border crossings exploded under Trump. That has nothing to do with Biden.

Nope. I am the sites source of facts like asylum claims and border crossings exploded under Trump. That has nothing to do with Biden.

They're higher now, dullard. National emergency higher.

Probese fiddles while the border burns! lmao

Bald-faced lie.

What Trump left us in 2020 was a downward trend in every metric.

Shove your Biden propaganda.
I reject his plandemic year as any indicator of his immigration results. We had 3 years of explosive growth in asylum grants and border crossings before the world closed.

I reject his plandemic year as any indicator of his immigration results. We had 3 years of explosive growth in asylum grants and border crossings before the world closed.

The border metrics were improving well before the Plandemic. And it does my heart good to see you're finally calling it by the correct name!

Btw- You sure seem eager to use the rest of Trump's Plandemic numbers on everything from oil production to unemployment. Weird you don't want to include the border!

lmao

The border metrics were improving well before the Plandemic. And it does my heart good to see you're finally calling it by the correct name!

Btw- You sure seem eager to use the rest of Trump's Plandemic numbers on everything from oil production to unemployment. Weird you don't want to include the border!

lmao
LOL. Look at the chart from the article you posted. Impoving?

1704146472600.png

That's pretty stupid. Even from you.
2020 Pandemic:

In the fiscal year of 2020, the United States Border Patrol apprehended 400,651 people trying to cross the Southwest border. This was a significant decrease from the previous year, when there were 851,508 apprehensions by Border Patrol at the Southwest border.

1704156017490.png