Inter Valley Athletic Conference

Wow, that is 4 players now that Garaway has gotten from Tusky Valley. Garaway has quite the pipeline from going from Tusky Valley. Tusky Valley could probably have a competitive football team if those boys would have stayed at their home school.

Claymont had the same issues.

Wow, that is 4 players now that Garaway has gotten from Tusky Valley. Garaway has quite the pipeline from going from Tusky Valley. Tusky Valley could probably have a competitive football team if those boys would have stayed at their home school.

I texted my daughter in law today and asked her how many total kids TV has lost to other IVC schools. She said she lost count a few years ago lol. Program killer.

I thought Grapevine was here to bring some life to the board, he gets us chattering and and then he is nonexistent.
I never said I was here to bring life to the board. I simply asked to bring the conversation back to football talk rather than talk about hypothetical division lines ups. I'm more of a reader than a poster. Having said that I see that some others have made predictions about the up coming season.

Some reasoning

Malvern- someone else said it... success breeds success and they should have the best player on the field most of the time
TCC- Solid season last year, return a qb that got plenty of playing time and may be the best QB in the North
EC- Best coach in the North
NCT- Dirk finally got a win. Has he finally got the program going the right way?
BT- Rome is back as someone said, however he's always hurt and they rely on him way to much. If he stays healthy they should move up this list.
'burgh- Will the second year of the spread offense look better?

I'm sure this list will change as we get closer to the season and more "real" news about teams is leaked.

Hooped it up with some Tusky Valley kids this weekend. They said the "big transfer" to Garaway never played football at Tusky Valley. They said it's a big loss for their hoops team though.

all this talk about adding teams or eliminating crossovers, why don't we try something radical? let's forget about divisons based on size or geography. let's forget about divisions based on geography. let's forget about having to have two divisions of six teams.

instead, let's create two divisions based on their commitment to football. we can call them the champions/non-champion contender/pretender divisions or the pride/no pride divisions or the good/bad or whatever other names you can come up with. let each side decide which division they want to be in but they have commit to being there for a certain number of years for scheduling. as things are right now here is what I would guess the divisions would look like

championship - wood, garaway, sv, iv, buckeye, malvern, east canton?
non-championship - claymont, tv, newcs, stras, tcc

the contenders can play for the ivc title and everyone plays everyone once.

the pretenders can play each other 2x so they can have 8 competitive games and maybe win a few games and maybe get their programs going. if they get good enough they can move up to the championship division.

sounds dumb but if you think about it it would give the top teams a much better schedule and would keep the bottom teams from getting killed every week. who wants to see wood or garaway pull their starters in the second quarter vs claymont or tv when they could be playing better teams?

all this talk about adding teams or eliminating crossovers, why don't we try something radical? let's forget about divisons based on size or geography. let's forget about divisions based on geography. let's forget about having to have two divisions of six teams.

instead, let's create two divisions based on their commitment to football. we can call them the champions/non-champion contender/pretender divisions or the pride/no pride divisions or the good/bad or whatever other names you can come up with. let each side decide which division they want to be in but they have commit to being there for a certain number of years for scheduling. as things are right now here is what I would guess the divisions would look like

championship - wood, garaway, sv, iv, buckeye, malvern, east canton?
non-championship - claymont, tv, newcs, stras, tcc

the contenders can play for the ivc title and everyone plays everyone once.

the pretenders can play each other 2x so they can have 8 competitive games and maybe win a few games and maybe get their programs going. if they get good enough they can move up to the championship division.

sounds dumb but if you think about it it would give the top teams a much better schedule and would keep the bottom teams from getting killed every week. who wants to see wood or garaway pull their starters in the second quarter vs claymont or tv when they could be playing better teams?
why doesn't Ridgewood Garaway and IV start a new league and add Dover New Philadelphia Stuebenville and Cambridge I believe the level of competition would be closer than your proposed league

I seen so many conference changes in the past 30 years that I think it is now time for Ohio to just go to regional play like PA. No more leagues that are constantly changing at the whim of an AD or Superintendent who then leave. You can base regions on school size enrollment and the schedule teams in your region. Keeping rivalries if you so choose....just an idea. I've seen the former Portage county league now Portage trail split and those ADs and superintendents are long gone. You have long time rivals no longer playing although now those schools who have left have increased transportation costs ( see Atwater Waterloo and Mantua Crestwood and examples). And those schools are asking for additional levy $$$

I seen so many conference changes in the past 30 years that I think it is now time for Ohio to just go to regional play like PA. No more leagues that are constantly changing at the whim of an AD or Superintendent who then leave. You can base regions on school size enrollment and the schedule teams in your region. Keeping rivalries if you so choose....just an idea. I've seen the former Portage county league now Portage trail split and those ADs and superintendents are long gone. You have long time rivals no longer playing although now those schools who have left have increased transportation costs ( see Atwater Waterloo and Mantua Crestwood and examples). And those schools are asking for additional levy $$$

I'd have to learn more about how PA does it but it seems really weird not to play for a league title, That seems like it would really take away a big focus of the season.

any idea on how Strasburg will be the year? I'm hoping for improvement. only can go up!

There are three programs in the IVC right now that are basically dead programs. Strasburg is one of them. When is the last time they were good? Until they prove on the field they can win games I would just expect another 1-9, 2-8 season at best.

I'd have to learn more about how PA does it but it seems really weird not to play for a league title, That seems like it would really take away a big focus of the season.

Effectively, you play for a district title with your seven "league games" (to use the Ohio term) in a lot of the PA districts. So, it's basically the same thing in football, just the teams contained therein will change as schools change size.