If Russia invades Ukraine pt 2

Lol. Okay.
"idiots" is a value judgement here. Not an epithet. 🤷‍♂️ Your personal offense is your issue. It's not a goal that I have here. I'm just to the point because I'm a lazy typist. Not mincing words here.

I can't imagine where else you'd infer an emotional response on my part.

Glenn Beck got him all fired up this morning. I'm not mincing words either.
I guess I didn't know Glenn Beck was still a thing. I thought he had a breakdown/health issues several years back. I remember him saying something to the effect that he "felt crazy." I hope he got the help he needed.

"idiots" is a value judgement here. Not an epithet. 🤷‍♂️ Your personal offense is your issue. It's not a goal that I have here. I'm just to the point because I'm a lazy typist. Not mincing words here.

I can't imagine where else you'd infer an emotional response on my part.
You're kidding, right? You throw around more value judgments than just "idiots." Lol. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Just an observation on my part.

Lol

He isn't a centrist. He is a pragmatic politician pandering to likely primary voters.
How is that different then every politician in the history of United States? If Biden is not a centralist, who is?

Lol

Trump certainly wasn't a centrist. He regularly said all kinds of controversial chit and frankly didn't care what those left of center thought.

Nikki Haley is a centrist.

Feel better now?
We all now know you have no idea who it what a centralist is.

Seriously?

Lol what blank check are you referring to?

Lol Show us that cute little pie chart with the rainbow colors denoting where it's supposed to go.

You absolutely advocate blank check diplomacy and feigning bewilderment about it makes you look like a liar.

"Priceless!" the neocon screamed from his rooftop.

lmao

Lol Show us that cute little pie chart with the rainbow colors denoting where it's supposed to go.

You absolutely advocate blank check diplomacy and feigning bewilderment about it makes you look like a liar.

"Priceless!" the neocon screamed from his rooftop.

lmao
Nah, I just want him to try and explain it. Maybe then he'll understand what is actually happening.

BTW, how much does Fox News say it's up to now? Half a trillion?

Nah, I just want him to try and explain it. Maybe then he'll understand what is actually happening.

BTW, how much does Fox News say it's up to now? Half a trillion?

112 billion. Any previous posts reporting higher than that are erroneous.

You still maintaining its 30 some billion?

Last edited by a moderator:
You're kidding, right? You throw around more value judgments than just "idiots." Lol. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Just an observation on my part.
I’m just trying to say that if you believe you are observing an emotional response, you are sadly mistaken. Much is lost in print.

We blew up the Russian pipeline so we would do the same in Taiwan. All about that money

So what if we (US) did destroy the pipeline? It wasn’t being used but it’s destruction perhaps sends the message to Putin & Europe that ‘there’s no going back to Russian gas’…..as long as Putin remains in charge. I do not believe we (US) destroyed it but if so, again so what?

As for destroying the semi conductor facilities in Taiwan if it were to fall to China, I think letting everyone know this exactly what we (US) would do is 100% spot on. Destroying those facilities would put a severe dent in chip production for the all, it would hurt the US just as much as it would hurt China. However it’s another deterrent for convincing China not to invade Taiwan.

0B790F31-414C-448B-8448-21EC19E10EC4.jpeg

So what if we (US) did destroy the pipeline? It wasn’t being used but it’s destruction perhaps sends the message to Putin & Europe that ‘there’s no going back to Russian gas’…..as long as Putin remains in charge. I do not believe we (US) destroyed it but if so, again so what?
Would that be considered a hostile act against Russia? EU was told not to support Russian energy. I'm assuming you would like the United States to declare war against Russia.

I think I can say with confidence that this speaks for a lot of conservatives about Ukraine:

Ron DeSantis came out against our current blank check n’ hack cliches Ukraine policy, stating the indisputable truth that Ukraine was not a vital US interest worthy of risking World War III with Russia. The next day he was proven right when a Russian SU-27 knocked a US Reaper drone into the Black Sea. Hey, feeding Russians (and Ukrainians) into a meat grinder is all fun and games until we get dragged into the abattoir too. Of course, all the right people got really mad about it – when Bill Kristol, Adam Kinzinger, David French, Max Boot and Mitt Romney are all for something, you need to be against it. Hardest hit was the GOP establishment – it was very sad because the governor refuses to be dragged along into cheerleading yet another massive foreign policy failure.

And this Ukraine policy of feeding the fire in perpetuity will lead to yet another massive foreign policy failure. Massive failure is all our foreign policy elite knows. Name one of its successes since 1993. Don’t say the Abraham Accords – that was a huge success and had nothing to do with our foreign policy establishment. It was Trump outsiders who did it. The foreign policy establishment brought us Vietnam and Somalia, Iraq and Afghanistan. It brought us debt, blood, and humiliation. Yet, astonishingly, perpetual nimrods like Mitch McConnell John Cornyn and Lindsey Graham still defer to these utter losers.

But not Ron DeSantis. And he will be vindicated by the time he wins the nomination. Same with Trump should he win the nomination, but everyone expected him to say what he is currently saying – they were hoping that the Great Not Orange Hope would side with Team Sap and he rejected them. Ron DeSantis – who served in Iraq and saw the failure firsthand – has rejected the Beltway consensus. He’s a bit ahead of most of America now, but after another year and a half of this madness he and the American people will be in synch. If he wins the nomination, he will be an anti-war Republican against a pro-war establishment Democrat.

Here's more from this excellent article:

Americans are not pacifists, but they are sick of failure, and that’s what Ukraine is looking to become. Most Americans feel that Ukraine is corrupt, which it totally is – I saw it personally. They feel sympathy for the Ukrainians, as do I (I trained Ukrainian soldiers in Ukraine for the Army). And they agree with DeSantis that this territorial dispute – which it is – is not a vital American interest that overcomes other priorities and that is worth endless treasure and maybe even blood. We generally hope Ukraine wins, but this is not our fight. Nor is the war likely to spread to NATO countries where we have treaty obligations – the idea that we need to retake Crimea so the Russians don’t show up in Berlin, much less London, is ridiculous. Americans are not prepared to put up with this conflict forever, but forever wars that culminate in embassy helicopter evacuations and people falling off C-17s are what the Beltway buffoons do.

Would that be considered a hostile act against Russia? EU was told not to support Russian energy. I'm assuming you would like the United States to declare war against Russia.

Don’t be so dramatic. I never said anything about declaring war vs Russia but I never would stand by and let Russian/Putin do a land grab. Putin thought the US/NATO would just stand by & do nothing…..isn’t working out so well for him is it? Do ya think he would like a do over? Do you think the Chinese are taking note?

Sometimes one’s enemies enemy is your partner - Ukraine has been exactly that and their will to fight for their freedom/democracy should be an inspiration to Americans.

Again, I don’t think we (US) destroyed the pipeline but if we did - so what? As Bobby Axelrod in the tv series Billion’s once said, “If you have F you money, sometimes you’ve gotta say F you.” Well maybe we (US) destroys the pipeline just because we could. If so, fine by me.