If Russia invades Ukraine pt 2

Seeing that Trump and Desantis both oppose aid to Ukraine, what will this do to the 2024 election. I applaud both for clearly stating their position on the situation. I don't know if the majority of the voters agree with them.
Ron DeSantis and Donald Trump oppose aid for Ukraine, a …
Republican party leaders are split on whether the United States should continue to back Ukraine with billions of dollars of military equipment and aid, a rift that seems likely to become a major issue in the 2024 presidential election.

Seeing that Trump and Desantis both oppose aid to Ukraine, what will this do to the 2024 election. I applaud both for clearly stating their position on the situation. I don't know if the majority of the voters agree with them.
Republican party leaders are split on whether the United States should continue to back Ukraine with billions of dollars of military equipment and aid, a rift that seems likely to become a major issue in the 2024 presidential election.
Not a cent for Ukraine

It was intentional. The Russians were doing reckless crap including dumping fuel in the drones path to bring it down.

I’m surprised they haven’t taken one down before now. International air space or not those drones and AWACS collect info that get Russian soliders killed. It has to be tempting for the Russians to take them down.

I like what I'm hearing.

"While the U.S. has many vital national interests — securing our borders, addressing the crisis of readiness within our military, achieving energy security and independence, and checking the economic, cultural, and military power of the Chinese Communist Party — becoming further entangled in a territorial dispute between Ukraine and Russia is not one of them," DeSantis said.

My position exactly. It's mostly about priorities.

"Our objective in Ukraine is to help and secure Europe, but Europe isn't helping itself," Trump wrote. "They are relying on the United States to largely do it for them. That is very unfair to us."

I agree with this as well. It's unfair, and it's dangerous.

"When the president says we will support them for as long as it takes, my question is: as long as it takes to do what?" Rep. Chris Stewart, R-Utah said. "We've got to define this. What does it mean to see this through? What does it mean to say we will be here until the end?"

It's like they're getting their talking points from me!

Good times.

I like what I'm hearing.

"While the U.S. has many vital national interests — securing our borders, addressing the crisis of readiness within our military, achieving energy security and independence, and checking the economic, cultural, and military power of the Chinese Communist Party — becoming further entangled in a territorial dispute between Ukraine and Russia is not one of them," DeSantis said.

My position exactly. It's mostly about priorities.

"Our objective in Ukraine is to help and secure Europe, but Europe isn't helping itself," Trump wrote. "They are relying on the United States to largely do it for them. That is very unfair to us."

I agree with this as well. It's unfair, and it's dangerous.

"When the president says we will support them for as long as it takes, my question is: as long as it takes to do what?" Rep. Chris Stewart, R-Utah said. "We've got to define this. What does it mean to see this through? What does it mean to say we will be here until the end?"

It's like they're getting their talking points from me!

Good times.
Well duh, they're talking TO you.

Except I said the exact same things before it ever came out of their mouths.

Seems like they're just getting caught up with me.

Are you insinuating they're pandering?
Of course they're pandering.

Both Trump and DeSantis know that half of Republicans are MAGA and they need them to win the primary.

Of course they're pandering.

Both Trump and DeSantis know that half of Republicans are MAGA and they need them to win the primary.

So, after they win, they'll flip and fully support Ukraine laughing at the dupes like me who believed them?

It is not anything that anyone posted today (or yesterday). Unfortunately, this is probably going to continue for a while, and almost nothing I can do to prevent it.

This is a true catch-22. I can't talk about it which means nothing can change. Hopefully, in a few months, things will be different.

Blink twice if this is our government trying to destroy the 1st amendment.

Blink 3 times if the Russians have you tied up.

Blink 4 times if Zalinski is shaking you down for another 50 bill in pocket change.

Territorial dispute. Lol. Speaking of DeSantis, I’m old enough to remember when he said this:
E24BA921-E242-4DCE-8525-C8892968E4F2.jpeg

I would’t put too much faith into what DeSantis would do if elected President with all the intel available.
If I recall in @2008 Joe said very seriously “marriage is between a man and a women”
Biden just approved drilling on Federal land in Alaska even though he adamantly said he would not on the campaign trail (he was playing to his base). Why? Because he was advised that we need to and for as much as his marbles are gone he listened.

DeSantis would do the same once presented with the information on Ukraine (he already knows), which is why so many die-hard Pub Senators such as Tuberville, Tillis, Rounds, Thune, Cornyn, Kennedy, etc.

I agree with Kennedy.

Sen. John Kennedy, R-La., said: “I don’t want America to be the world’s policeman, but I don’t want Vladimir Putin or [Chinese President] Xi Jinping to be the world’s policemen, either. I’ve never looked at our Ukraine assistance as charity. I’ve looked at it as self-preservation.”

Is the ultimate goal in the Russia/Ukraine conflict to keep both sides fighting and incurring losses?

Seems this war is just teetering back and forth just enough to keep both sides from quitting while giving neither the upper hand to end it.
I believe that the US and NATO objective was/is to destroy Russia's military capability and isolate its economy slowly. A quick, crushing overwhelming defeat could easily trigger a nuclear exchange. A slow methodical grinding down is far less likely to give Russia an excuse to fire a nuke.

Biden just approved drilling on Federal land in Alaska even though he adamantly said he would not on the campaign trail (he was playing to his base). Why? Because he was advised that we need to and for as much as his marbles are gone he listened.

DeSantis would do the same once presented with the information on Ukraine (he already knows), which is why so many die-hard Pub Senators such as Tuberville, Tillis, Rounds, Thune, Cornyn, Kennedy, etc.

I agree with Kennedy.

He is very much a centrist and has shown a willingness to both negotiate and shift policy.

Territorial dispute. Lol. Speaking of DeSantis, I’m old enough to remember when he said this:
View attachment 39753
This is the kind of "gotcha" stuff that reduces our politics to screaming at each other. And here is why this "gotcha" misses the target badly:

* In 2015 DeSantis was calling for arms to Ukraine as a way to deter FUTURE Russian aggression against Ukraine. DeSantis was NOT asking for delivery of more weapons into an active war zone. This is a big difference. Had we heeded DeSantis here and provided Ukraine with a large amount of lethal weaponry it may have deterred Putin from invading.

* Providing extra arms to our NATO allies on the border with Russia also makes sense in light of Russia's recent annexation of Crimea.

* It was clear that DeSantis was arguing the well established idea of PEACE THROUGH STRENGTH.

Last edited: