Hubbard Eagles 2021

1939 "Blue and White", 1938 Football Team photo and game roundups. Look at second game vs Girard for "Eagles" name, also vs Lowellville. No mention in 1938 "Blue and White" or anytime previous to this. But I haven't been able to find who was responsible or came up with the name.
Notice Brookfield was called the "Hilltoppers".
Another note is I don't know who created the fight song or who decided to use the "Notre Dame" fight song music.

Attachments

• #32-Football Team Photo and Results.jpg
    #32-Football Team Photo and Results.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 17
  • #33-Football Team Photo and Results.jpg
    #33-Football Team Photo and Results.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 18
Just noticed 1937 "Blue and White" has an eagle on front cover. 1936 is an orangish color but has no image. So I guess 1937 was the first "eagle" reference.

Attachments

• #1a-1957 Front Cover.jpg
    #1a-1957 Front Cover.jpg
    311.5 KB · Views: 13
I remember that. That quarterback. Canfield was down at that time but that kid was tough.

Kimu Kim in 2013 vs Niles. 52 carries for 497 yards and a state record 9 touchdowns. Canfield won 70-62 in double OT.

Struthers kept him in check a couple weeks later in a 13-0 win. 16 carries for 77 yards. I remember Kuntz saying that week leading up to the game that Canfield was one of the best teams in the state with only 2 wins.

Does anyone remember a Semi-pro football team in the very early days called the Sharon bone crushers out of Sharon Pa. This might be a question for roberto21 to do a little research.....

They lost to Garfield last season, Garfield is pretty good for their size but hubbard would probably call the score against a team like Garfield
Most years, sure. Last year? No way, I’d take Garfield over Hubbard. Garfield and Crestview played pretty much even and Crestview was a hell of a lot more competitive against South Range than Hubbard was

Most years, sure. Last year? No way, I’d take Garfield over Hubbard. Garfield and Crestview played pretty much even and Crestview was a hell of a lot more competitive against South Range than Hubbard was
Eh same result. Hubbard game was just a little more lopsided. Crestview also lost to Champion last year. Hubbard was pretty young and once they lost Krusik at QB it was pretty much a wrap. Translated to some ugly football down the stretch (not that the results would have been any different). The product should be much improved this season. I expect the same improvement out of Mooney.

Eh same result. Hubbard game was just a little more lopsided. Crestview also lost to Champion last year. Hubbard was pretty young and once they lost Krusik at QB it was pretty much a wrap. Translated to some ugly football down the stretch (not that the results would have been any different). The product should be much improved this season. I expect the same improvement out of Mooney.
Hubbard's 2 D3 playoff games helped at the end of the season. They should never have lost that Geneva game though. Losing starting QB Krusik also pretty much ended the season. Hubbard was very young last year which will benefit them with the vast majority of the team back this year with 2 very qualified young QBs.

First 4 games being played at The Beautiful should also help. Time will tell though, they do have a nice OOC schedule.

Kimu Kim in 2013 vs Niles. 52 carries for 497 yards and a state record 9 touchdowns. Canfield won 70-62 in double OT.

Struthers kept him in check a couple weeks later in a 13-0 win. 16 carries for 77 yards. I remember Kuntz saying that week leading up to the game that Canfield was one of the best teams in the state with only 2 wins.
I think Kimu might have been banged up after the Niles game (as an aside the Kim's live a couple houses down from me), but Struthers was very solid in 2013 for sure as was a lot of Canfield's opponents that year. Everyone on Canfield's schedule but East had a winning record. Hubbard had an excellent team that year by the way and Canfield never had a chance in that game, but every other game was winnable in theory as none of the others were lost by more than 2 scores. Canfield was definitely the underdog in most of its games though for sure. Opponents in bold made the playoffs.
Canfield at Louisville (11-1) Lost 10-13
Alliance (7-3) at Canfield Lost 38-41
Dover (8-3) at Canfield Lost 34-43
Ellet [D-II] (11-1) at Canfield Lost 14-16
Canfield at Poland Seminary (11-2) Lost 20-35
McKinley (5-5) at Canfield Won 70-62 Double Overtime
Canfield at East (2-8) [D-I] Won 35-0
Struthers (9-3) at Canfield Lost 0-13
Canfield at Howland (5-5) Won 28-7
Canfield at Hubbard (12-1) Lost 17-40

I think Kimu might have been banged up after the Niles game (as an aside the Kim's live a couple houses down from me), but Struthers was very solid in 2013 for sure as was a lot of Canfield's opponents that year. Everyone on Canfield's schedule but East had a winning record. Hubbard had an excellent team that year by the way and Canfield never had a chance in that game, but every other game was winnable in theory as none of the others were lost by more than 2 scores. Canfield was definitely the underdog in most of its games though for sure. Opponents in bold made the playoffs.
Canfield at Louisville (11-1) Lost 10-13
Alliance (7-3) at Canfield Lost 38-41
Dover (8-3) at Canfield Lost 34-43
Ellet [D-II] (11-1) at Canfield Lost 14-16
Canfield at Poland Seminary (11-2) Lost 20-35
McKinley (5-5) at Canfield Won 70-62 Double Overtime
Canfield at East (2-8) [D-I] Won 35-0
Struthers (9-3) at Canfield Lost 0-13
Canfield at Howland (5-5) Won 28-7
Canfield at Hubbard (12-1) Lost 17-40
Does anybody remember where Kim went to college?

Bounced around the internet a bit this morning. Best I could come up with was The Shenango Valley Blasters. Good luck!

Bounced around the internet a bit this morning. Best I could come up with was The Shenango Valley Blasters. Good luck!
Depends on "when they played" would help to narrow the search tremendously. I still think either the Sharon Library and/or The Sharon Herald would be the best places to start. The information is out there, it's just a matter of where to look for it. You would think a librarian would be of enormous help in pursuing the information. I know The Vindicator was on microfilm at the main library on Wick Avenue many years ago, it's probably all digitized now. You would think it would make it a whole lot easier and faster to find the information.

Good luck SOARING-EAGLE, I hope you find what you're looking for.