Hubbard 2022

I thought his offers from YSU, Army, and Charlotte were full rides but perhaps you're right. Maybe they were pwo. If that's true about YSU they're absolutely insane and missed on a good one. Regardless Congratulations to Mr. Caffey on his commitment to Ohio State. Hope he makes the most of it. Definitely has the motor and will.

Highly agree this information was passed on at the Trumbull County Player of the Year Banquet by a Hubbard staff member needless to say I was shocked

Anybody here anything about #51, I thought he accepted an offer from YSU but he's not on their list. At 6' 5" 290 you would guess he would be going somewhere.

He was one of the 5 Blocks of Granite on WKBN tonight.

Anybody here anything about #51, I thought he accepted an offer from YSU but he's not on their list. At 6' 5" 290 you would guess he would be going somewhere.

He was one of the 5 Blocks of Granite on WKBN tonight.
I heard the offer was pulled.

Good question.
Why?
Not sure the reason but I heard that he wanted to commit a while back and he was told that YSU had moved on. They signed quite a few linemen today and it looks like they are pretty much done so it will be interesting to see where he ends up.

Not sure the reason but I heard that he wanted to commit a while back and he was told that YSU had moved on. They signed quite a few linemen today and it looks like they are pretty much done so it will be interesting to see where he ends up.
YSU pulled the offer the day before the Girard game. He went to inform him that he wanted to accept their offer and they told him that they are going in a different direction.

I thought that Phillips would follow Tressel's blueprint on keeping some of the local talent. I guess I was wrong. Good Luck to #51 wherever he winds up!

YSU pulled the offer the day before the Girard game. He went to inform him that he wanted to accept their offer and they told him that they are going in a different direction.

I thought that Phillips would follow Tressel's blueprint on keeping some of the local talent. I guess I was wrong. Good Luck to #51 wherever he winds up!
Tressel used to recruit what he called "the state of Youngstown" first and formost. Secondarily he would reach into Florida and other places then bring in a few transfers. There are some very good players still in this area. Players that YSU doesn't recruit or even really evaluate. Its a shame.

Tressel used to recruit what he called "the state of Youngstown" first and formost. Secondarily he would reach into Florida and other places then bring in a few transfers. There are some very good players still in this area. Players that YSU doesn't recruit or even really evaluate. Its a shame.
Out of 24 YSU signed, only 2 are local.

Good point.
Coach Hoffman played for Tressel during the championship years. I wonder how he feels how Phillips treated his 2 players, pulling one offer (#51), and giving the other a PWO (#22). I doubt if Hoffman will welcome him with open arms on the Hubbard campus anytime soon...lol.

2 locals out of 24 that signed. There's a whole lot more local talent than that.

Phillips made a huge mistake not offering these two young men. 2 out of 24 locals offered. And YSU wonders why their stadium is so damn empty on Saturdays. I don't see Phillips there too much longer.

Just watch the game tapes from South Range and Canfield games!! Before everyone gets all fired up, I'm one of those players from "The State Of Youngstown". I'm ok with the fact that I probably wouldn't get recruited by YSU now. 1-AA is different now. I want LOCAL kids at YSU as much as anyone but I want kids that can WIN a Championship!!

Just watch the game tapes from South Range and Canfield games!! Before everyone gets all fired up, I'm one of those players from "The State Of Youngstown". I'm ok with the fact that I probably wouldn't get recruited by YSU now. 1-AA is different now. I want LOCAL kids at YSU as much as anyone but I want kids that can WIN a Championship!!
They've done a good job recruiting "those" kind of kids lately, haven't they? I understand if the MAC didn't recruit them; however, their talent "pool" is efficient enough to play at a school like YSU. Especially the lineman who has a mean streak in him. Moreover, this is a Hubbard site. In 2022 I feel that their big loss of 2021 will come back with a vengeance(Hazimahalis). I hope this young man has the "GRIT" to work hard and heal. His father and uncles had the "Grit" when they were Red Devils.

Last edited:
Canfield appears to be Open Week 2 now because the Dover game from Week 2 was moved to Week 7 because Fitch backed out of the second year of the contract apparently. Might be worthwhile for the AD to ring Canfield now rather than wait until the last minute and get a much worse game.

Canfield appears to be Open Week 2 now because the Dover game from Week 2 was moved to Week 7 because Fitch backed out of the second year of the contract apparently. Might be worthwhile for the AD to ring Canfield now rather than wait until the last minute and get a much worse game.
Why would Fitch back out of the 2nd year of the contract? Also wouldn't that game be at Fitch?

Why would Fitch back out of the 2nd year of the contract? Also wouldn't that game be at Fitch?
Yes it was supposed to be a home game for Fitch.
The new updated schedule for Fitch is as follows:
Week
1 - H Chaney
2 - H McKinley
3 - H GlenOak
4 - A Ursuline
5 - OPEN
6 - A Massillon
7 - A Strongsville
8 - A Wadsworth
9 - H Boardman
10 - H WGH

Yes it was supposed to be a home game for Fitch.
The new updated schedule for Fitch is as follows:
Week
1 - H Chaney
2 - H McKinley
3 - H GlenOak
4 - A Ursuline
5 - OPEN
6 - A Massillon
7 - A Strongsville
8 - A Wadsworth
9 - H Boardman
10 - H WGH
Tough schedule

Maybe the Canfield AD should ring the Hubbard AD if he wants this game. It would definitely be beneficial for both schools. This would be a great game, especially if it would be played at The Beautiful since it was supposed to be a home game for Fitch.

Maybe the Canfield AD should ring the Hubbard AD if he wants this game. It would definitely be beneficial for both schools. This would be a great game, especially if it would be played at The Beautiful since it was supposed to be a home game for Fitch.
It definitely won't be a home game for Hubbard, Canfield already has 6 games away now due to the schedule changes. Any Open weeks they fill will have to be home games. Also they will need at least 2 additional home dates one for Homecoming and one as a back up date in case of Covid.
Canfield would likely be open to either a one year contract at Canfield or a two year home and home, starting with a home game for Canfield.

It definitely won't be a home game for Hubbard, Canfield already has 6 games away now due to the schedule changes. Any Open weeks they fill will have to be home games. Also they will need at least 2 additional home dates one for Homecoming and one as a back up date in case of Covid.
Canfield would likely be open to either a one year contract at Canfield or a two year home and home, starting with a home game for Canfield.
I seriously doubt the Hubbard AD would just settle for an away game at Canfield without getting a home game the following year at The Beautiful.

Let's see how bad the Canfield AD actually wants this game to happen. I know the Hubbard faithful would gladly like a 2 year deal with Canfield.

So, it looks like the decision for this game/games to happen rests totally on the Canfield AD.

So, it looks like the decision for this game/games to happen rests totally on the Canfield AD.
So apparently Canfield already has opponents for weeks 1-3 for the year after next. They just have week 2 open for this coming season. Canfield has openings other weeks the following year just not in the first 3 weeks, and Hubbard starts league play in week 4 if I am not mistaken. So this doesn't seem too likely anymore due to all the circumstances.
Option A: 1 Year Contract at Canfield
Option B: 2 Year Contract Home and Home, first game at Canfield, second game has to be week 4 or later
Neither of those seem like very appealing options to the Hubbard AD.
Option C: 1 Year Contract at Hubbard or a neutral site with a split gate

So apparently Canfield already has opponents for weeks 1-3 for the year after next. They just have week 2 open for this coming season. Canfield has openings other weeks the following year just not in the first 3 weeks, and Hubbard starts league play in week 4 if I am not mistaken. So this doesn't seem too likely anymore due to all the circumstances.
Option A: 1 Year Contract at Canfield
Option B: 2 Year Contract Home and Home, first game at Canfield, second game has to be week 4 or later
Neither of those seem like very appealing options to the Hubbard AD.
Option C: 1 Year Contract at Hubbard or a neutral site with a split gate
Word around Hubbard is Sharon is already on their schedule for week #2. If this is actually true, then this is all a moot point.

Word around Hubbard is Sharon is already on their schedule for week #2. If this is actually true, then this is all a moot point.
It would not surprise me. It is possible that the Hubbard AD turned down a one year contract at Canfield or to split the gate as those were the only real options.