Hubbard 2022

Nobody is going to want to play Canfield next season they’re loaded with the best player in the area. Good move for Fitch they weren’t gonna be in that game like this year

It would not surprise me. It is possible that the Hubbard AD turned down a one year contract at Canfield or to split the gate as those were the only real options.
...or maybe the Canfield AD never called the Hubbard AD, that's a definite possibility as well. I guess we will never know.

Good luck to Canfield next season.

Just watch the game tapes from South Range and Canfield games!! Before everyone gets all fired up, I'm one of those players from "The State Of Youngstown". I'm ok with the fact that I probably wouldn't get recruited by YSU now. 1-AA is different now. I want LOCAL kids at YSU as much as anyone but I want kids that can WIN a Championship!!
I thought both players did well against Canfield. There's more to the game than the stat sheet. #22 didn't play bad. He was better on defense. #51 was a difference maker in that game though. I'm not sure your point? Hubbard couldn't throw the ball. What TC accomplished in that offense last year was nothing short of amazing.

Nobody is going to want to play Canfield next season they’re loaded with the best player in the area. Good move for Fitch they weren’t gonna be in that game like this year
This is true. They should be stacked. If not for Chardon they'd probably be the favorite in D3 next year.

That’s a tricky one chardon reloads, but they lose some very keys guys too
I read on here from a Chardon poster that it was actually next year they were looking forward to competing for another championship. That 2021 was suppose to be good but better in 2022. I know the QB is a junior and he is a stud running that offense.

Anybody hear for certain that the week #2 Sharon game is official for this season? If so, is it a home game, or an away game?

Anybody hear for certain that the week #2 Sharon game is official for this season? If so, is it a home game, or an away game?
I know you love hubbards stadium, rightfully so, Sharon has such a unique set up for a game it’s awesome I’m sure you know that already tho people forget how close Sharon is. I always thought Brookfield and Sharon should have always played

So you trying to say Fitch backed out
Well they had a 2 year contract with Canfield, and Fitch scheduled someone else in place of Canfield. Canfield subsequently moved the Dover game to week 7 from week 2. If they aren't playing then one team had to back out and it definitely was not the team that is desperate for games and considering the same aforementioned team easily handled the other this year as well, the only plausible scenario is that Fitch backed out or that this is completing a home and home from when they last played in 2003. But the latter is extremely unlikely, leaving the only realistic scenario that Fitch backed out for whatever reason.

I know you love hubbards stadium, rightfully so, Sharon has such a unique set up for a game it’s awesome I’m sure you know that already tho people forget how close Sharon is. I always thought Brookfield and Sharon should have always played
I agree on Sharon's stadium. I got a relative that lives across the street from their stadium. Like you, I like it as well. It wouldn't bother me if Hubbard played there this season, Hubbard already has 5 home games this season without the Sharon game, plus it's only about 15 minutes away max. I travel farther than that for a good pizza around The Valley sometimes.

All-time Series Record
SHARON vs BROOKFIELD

1926 .. A .. Oct 2 .... SHARON .............. 6-0
1943 ......... Oct 22 .. BROOKFIELD ... 27-14
1944 ......... Oct 20 .. SHARON ............ 59-0
1977 .. A .. Nov 11 . BROOKFIELD .... 41-0
1992 .. A .. Oct 9 .... SHARON ............ 8-6

SHARON Leads Series 3-2

HUBBARD vs PA Teams, All-time

Aliquippa ……...……. 0-1 … 1946 .................................... Last PA team played 2017, Univ. Prep
Bessemer-Mohawk 1-5 … 1936-1941 .................... Last Mercer Co. team played, 2000, Kennedy Catholic
Erie McDowell …… 2-0 … 1962-1963
Farrell ………...……… 4-5
Greenville ……….… 1-2-1
Grove City ………… 0-0-1 …. 7-7 .. 1957
Hickory …………..…. 4-0
Kennedy Catholic . 4-1
Meadville ………..…. 0-2
Wilmington ………. 1-0 …… 13-0 .. 1920
Sharon …………….… 1-2 ...... 1918-1920
Sharpsville ……..… 7-10
Univ. Prep, Pgh….. 1-0 ..... 2017

TOTALS = Thirteen teams – 56 games – Hubbard 26-28-2

HUBBARD vs BROOKFIELD
82 Games over 90 years ... 1923-2013
HUBBARD leads series 49-31-2

Last edited:
I agree on Sharon's stadium. I got a relative that lives across the street from their stadium. Like you, I like it as well. It wouldn't bother me if Hubbard played there this season, Hubbard already has 5 home games this season without the Sharon game, plus it's only about 15 minutes away max. I travel farther than that for a good pizza around The Valley sometimes.
Sent a message to my friend from PA, Professor Ryan Briggs re Sharon 2022 schedule.

On a side note. Looks like Sharon returns a decent nucleus from a 6-4 team this past year. QB and RB both return. Should be a nice challenge for next year's Hubbard team. Hubbard will have plenty of experience returning but will have to prove they're a good team without Caffey. Need a strong weight room again, which I hear they're already on track.

Is east week 1? That’s a great start for the eagles getting some new kids some quality reps. Mainly QB I would imagine they attempt someone else this year

HUBBARD
1 (H) Youngstown East
2 @ Sharon (PA)
3 @ Warren Howland
4 @ Poland Seminary
5 (H) Struthers
6 @ Jefferson Area
7 (H) Cortland Lakeview
8 @ Girard
9 (H) Niles McKinley
10 (H) South Range