Votes: 11 39.3%
  • 9am

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • 10am

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • I'm calling the police!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I've always found it soothing. lying in a nice warm bed, listening to someone else mow their lawn. Roll over, back to sleep. Ah-hhh...
Recall as a kid mom started the wash machine next to my bedroom early Monday morning and I always found that relaxing. White noise helps me sleep (fan or similar) Lawn mower in the distance would as well I suspect but I'm usually up at 2:30 so not much yard work happening then.

Recall as a kid mom started the wash machine next to my bedroom early Monday morning and I always found that relaxing. White noise helps me sleep (fan or similar) Lawn mower in the distance would as well I suspect but I'm usually up at 2:30 so not much yard work happening then.
The early bird gets the worm!!!

Ceiling fan in the summer, humidifier in the winter. Dryer anytime. Slept through two garbage pickups Friday. LOL

Have some relaxation CDs I break out once in a while. Tropical rain, with the occasional bird tweets is best.

Ocean waves one would be good without the new age music interspersed. Metal chimes one doesn't get it, but wood chimes might work.

All that said, getting physically or mentally tired is the best remedy for restlessness, though. Out like a light! ?

8am should be the earliest I think, especially in a dense neighborhood.
What does intelligence have to do with it?

Somewhat pertinent scenario....
Live in a vacation/weekender area. Fri-Sun golf carts outnumber cars roaming the neighborhood by a large margin.
Someone recently is driving their riding lawnmower around the hood with the trailer. Fishing, doing whatever.
Golf carts are pretty quiet except for when their are blasting music but the lawnmower is L O U D and takes much longer to go by.

Should I go outside and give that jackwagon some advice and invent in a golf cart instead of driving the lawnmower'round the hood?

Most of my working years I worked as a operation manager for a LTL trucking co. and because of that most of my working years were time spent on third shift. I once told my neighbor I was tired of changing back to days each weekend and I thought I would put up flood lights so I could do my yardwork during the night he said you can't do that people are sleeping and I told him people do not worry about the fact I sleep during the during the day light hours on week days. Never did it but I did think about it. Now I try to wait until the grass is dry before I mow. Cuts and looks much better when mowed dry.

Less stress on the mower, too. Ever try to clean under the deck of a mower that has been repeatedly to mow wet grass? Yikes!

Last edited:
this thread has me paranoid about my mowing time. I get up reasonably early most days and sometimes it is cloudy and windy with no dew especially if it is preparing to rain in a few hours. That is a great time to mow at 3 am with the lights on. A couple weeks back I was ready to go one such morning but decided to wait until 8:00. I like everything about night mowing except moths and mosquitos.

1620850177466.png

Update:
Ting to be a good citizen lately, waiting for a decent hour to mow with my trusty walk-behind. Except by then it gets hot and then I'm cranky for the rest of the day. So a few days ago, I finally pulled the trigger on my first zero-turn. Just a small residential model, but it has a cup holder and a comfy seat, so I don't care what time it is.

In our neighborhood lately, the question has been "How late is too late to shoot off fireworks?" And I'm not talking about bottle rockets - these are some impressive chrysanthemum displays from backyard platforms, by folks who must be thinking 1:30 AM isn't too late.

Last edited:
Update:
Ting to be a good citizen lately, waiting for a decent hour to mow with my trusty walk-behind. Except by then it gets hot and then I'm cranky for the rest of the day. So a few days ago, I finally pulled the trigger on my first zero-turn. Just a small residential model, but it has a cup holder and a comfy seat, so I don't care what time it is.

In our neighborhood lately, the question has been "How late is too late to shoot off fireworks?" And I'm not talking about bottle rockets - these are some impressive chrysanthemum displays from backyard platforms, by folks who must be thinking 1:30 AM isn't too late.
I live in an area where I would say 70% are weekenders and part timers on vacation. A random Tuesday night fireworks display is not uncommon.

I don't care.. when I moved here I knew the score and I won't be that guy to get mad at fireworks

I’m lucky enough to have early risers on both sides of me. The county has a noise ordinance that lifts at 7:00 am, so it’s all good at 7:01.