Votes: 11 39.3%
  • 9am

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • 10am

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • I'm calling the police!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I use this stuff while storing my lawn mower over the winter and it really has helped>

0007390522205_1200.png

Yeah,.... I KNOW I'm supposed to... but .. I don't know... it costs money.

Seems to start up after every Winter, if I leave it in the sun long enough, push the prime button 5 times, pull cord, prime, pull, prime, pull vroom. Haven't changed the oil since I got it. Is that a bad thing?

Seems to start up after every Winter, if I leave it in the sun long enough, push the prime button 5 times, pull cord, prime, pull, prime, pull vroom. Haven't changed the oil since I got it. Is that a bad thing?

The good news is that soon it will have no oil to change!

I only do so because I had a carb go bad and they recommended it. One bottle has last d ten years now.

Mowed Tuesday. Push mower and rider both started up great. Need to change the oil in both but just haven't gotten there yet.

I live in NC and have a park with about a dozen willow trees across the street.

Those pesky leaves are a pain (driveway and front yard) until the city does their first mow in spring.

Exercise is good, though. :)
Well sure, now it makes sense.

Been to the OBX a few times. Mother-in-law used to live in Franklin in western NC.

Nice state.

Well sure, now it makes sense.

Been to the OBX a few times. Mother-in-law used to live in Franklin in western NC.

Nice state.
Former in-laws live in Franklin. Outside the house: mountain in front and another behind it.

Closed in feeling, but beautiful. Cold as you know what in the winter when the wind is funneling through.

Back to the mowers...

First mowing of spring last week, it would not start. Spark plug black all over. Clean, replace, start. Started right up again this evening.

Burlington Vermont, starting in 2022 for citizens, this fall for businesses, have banned gasoline leaf blowers because of the noise.

Who wants to guess when they will also do that for weed eaters and mowers in the near future....

Former in-laws live in Franklin. Outside the house: mountain in front and another behind it.

Closed in feeling, but beautiful. Cold as you know what in the winter when the wind is funneling through.

Back to the mowers...

First mowing of spring last week, it would not start. Spark plug black all over. Clean, replace, start. Started right up again this evening.
So you saying the spark plug was black and it wouldnt work.
Then you cleaned it, made it not black, and it worked?

There is a joke in there some place.....

Burlington Vermont, starting in 2022 for citizens, this fall for businesses, have banned gasoline leaf blowers because of the noise.

Who wants to guess when they will also do that for weed eaters and mowers in the near future....

You'd think they'd give landscapers a pass. The electrics are getting so much more powerful, they work pretty good for most home use. I still think broom and rake work better but can't beat the leaf blower for getting into those hard to gets.

You'd think they'd give landscapers a pass. The electrics are getting so much more powerful, they work pretty good for most home use. I still think broom and rake work better but can't beat the leaf blower for getting into those hard to gets.
they are giving them a pass....until fall.

I don't mow until 10:00, but think 8:00 is fine.

Push mowed an acre and 1/2 twice a week whether it was needed or not, from when was 8 until 21 when I moved out. I would start in the back, brother would start in the front and meet in the middle about 2 1/2 hours later.

Neighbors would ask my dad why he didn't buy a rider. His response, "That is what I have boys for."

Mowed my grandparents yard in East Toledo with one of these. Just needed to keep the blades sharp. Postage stamp yard with a garage only took about 10 minutes. Always liked smelling the fresh cut grass and seeing the grass fly.

1618939058072.png

Last edited:
I don't mow until 10:00, but think 8:00 is fine.

Push mowed an acre and 1/2 twice a week whether it was needed or not, from when was 8 until 21 when I moved out. I would start in the back, brother would start in the front and meet in the middle about 2 1/2 hours later.

Neighbors would ask my dad why he didn't buy a rider. His response, "That is what I have boys for."

Mowed my grandparents yard in East Toledo with one of these. Just needed to keep the blades sharp. Postage stamp yard with a garage only took about 10 minutes. Always liked smelling the fresh cut grass and seeing the grass fly.

View attachment 16598
I'd like to have one of these for my yard, but the ones I have seen mow the grass too low. Stopped using weed eater and leaf blower a few years ago.

Ohio's 11 Seasons:

Winter
Fool's Spring
Second Winter
Spring of Deception
*Third Winter
Mud Season
Actual Spring
Summer
False Fall
Second Summer (1 week)
Actual Fall
At least, Summer is absolute. Maybe.

Here in NC, Summer is absolutely absolute. Winter is practically non-existent - unless you're a native, that is.

At least, Summer is absolute. Maybe.

Here in NC, Summer is absolutely absolute. Winter is practically non-existent - unless you're a native, that is.
I went down to Asheville for a weekend in December, hoping to climb Mt Mitchell and do a few other high elevation hikes. I did not expect the entire Blue Ridge Parkway to be closed off.

How early is it too early to snowblow?

I think the answer is going to be different...

I actually asked my neighbors about this. I asked if they would get mad if I did my driveway at 4 AM before I go to work. They all told me that if I did their driveways also they would be fine with it. I haven't really tested that yet.

We were in Buffalo NY the last few days. Looked out our hotel window yesterday morning and told Mrs. Z that I definitely mowed too early this year.

I actually asked my neighbors about this. I asked if they would get mad if I did my driveway at 4 AM before I go to work. They all told me that if I did their driveways also they would be fine with it. I haven't really tested that yet.

Of note.
When being nice and doing the neighbors snow blowing....
Do your own place first.
Few years ago I did essentially my whole block of 4 other houses before mine. We had a really good snow.

Got to my place last to finish it up and........the belt broke.
So...i got everyone's done but my own.

I went down to Asheville for a weekend in December, hoping to climb Mt Mitchell and do a few other high elevation hikes. I did not expect the entire Blue Ridge Parkway to be closed off.
Yeah, **it happens. Used to do day trips along the parkway, but it's been a while. Would like to do Shenandoah.