How does this effect us?

I would guess that this will still be business as usual for sports with the exception of possible later start times M-Th.

It doesnt say a day off...its remote learning day for the student. I dont see why this would change anything at all with athletics.

I was always told that an athlete couldn’t compete or practice unless they had attended school the day of either.🤷🏻

Just like during covid and doing remote learning. It would be however your school tracked attendance during that time. We had 2 options to track attendance, sign in to online office hours via Google meet, or log in and complete an assignment/ check in during that day to be counted as present.

The attendance rule got very lax as far as holding their feet to the fire. If it was a consistent problem where they weren't completing the attendance, that's when they were being held out.

How does this effect the student athlete?
1) Is there no practice that day?
2) If Friday is a day off is a student athlete allowed to compete on Friday or over that weekend?
I imagine it'd be treated like the holiday break where kids attendance of school wouldn't matter since there isn't school in session. Much like Tuesday basketball games after MLK day in January or the Friday night football games during County Fair Week

I imagine it'd be treated like the holiday break where kids attendance of school wouldn't matter since there isn't school in session. Much like Tuesday basketball games after MLK day in January or the Friday night football games during County Fair Week
I forget that some counties have their fair during the school year.