House impeaches Homeland Security Secretary Mayorkas over border management

Symbolic. 2nd cabinet member ever impeached. It won’t go any further but he did deserve it.

Count Chuck-ula will never let it see the Senate floor. Beat the Democrats over the head with that fact - that Schumer will protect a destructive, traitorous failure.

So the people that have told us for three years that we have a secure border, and there is no crisis are now telling us that the other party will not give them $30 billion to end what is now a crisis, so it is the other party’s fault if the crisis persists?

Is this because it’s an election year?

And these same people wouldn’t give Trump 5 or 10 billion to build the wall, which would be finished by now, and would go a long way to alleviating the crisis.

Republican members of the House impeached Alejandro N. Mayorkas, the homeland security secretary, with a simple majority vote on Tuesday. It sets off a series of choreographed rituals that dates back to the impeachment of former President Andrew Johnson in 1868. Here’s a look at what happens next.

A ceremonial procession​

Once the House approves two articles of impeachment laying out the accusations against Mr. Mayorkas as part of its oversight and investigatory responsibilities, they are then walked over to the Senate.

Great use of Congressional time and effort. You think this will go anywhere n the Senate? How about some real legislative work for once?

Can we also impeach Kamala? She was the border czar. It has been over 3 years now. Has she found the root cause yet?

Meanwhile Mayorkas is in his office working with resources to deal with immigration and the border and the GOP is blocking bills, funding and doing political theater impeaching him for no reason even knowing that he will not be impeached by the Senate.

THE GOP CANNOT GOVERN!

Exit polling shows abortion swung more votes than the Mayorkas impeachment, but thanks for the stupid take anyway, Dana!

lmao
I never said anything about Mayorkas. I said inability to govern but I am fine with abortion being another reason Pubs continue to lose.