Hall of Fame Village Future

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL - I laugh at the former shadows!!!

The HOFV continues and doesn't get shut down over comments from anyone on here.
Their future is bright - look at the draw the draft gets now compared to 40 years ago.
I am eager to see where the progress is when I go see Journey this July.
Bootleg:

If Steve Perry isn't in front of the band, you're not going to see Journey. My take anyway.

Egret:

Perry wasn't booted from the band because of differences, his vocal chords are shot due to the years of singing multiple octaves as he had an opera level voice. Sadly, things change and I plan to go enjoy a concert that I can practically walk over to see. Its ok if you don't go, I wasn't going to save you a seat or try to meet up. LOL The replacement lead singer sounds closer to what I grew up listening to than what Steve Perry does now. It is unfortunate. However, I liked Hagar and Roth with Van Halen and watched both and had no problem. Same with ACDC. Hey maybe I will be the only one who goes. LOL

Nice try tho, I decided long ago that no one of your culture gets to decide how I interpret reality. If these concerts were flops then why would they continue to have them?
Future looks bright for HOFV and Canton the Hall of Fame City!!!
Jesus bro calm down. It was a joke. And I'm fairly certain I've not said a damn word about the Hall of Fame Village. On purpose.

You're lucky the HOF doesn't move to an area adjacent to an NFL franchise, that is flourishing economically.

We have the tradition to support building it here but how far does that go to make it the best area, economically for it?

How many times has the College Football HOF moved, trying to find an area that would support it?

NE Ohio is a dying area, that is not attracting any significant economic development. Other than at the enshrinement and state finals, when does this area consistently attract business and visitors to the area?

What is the occupancy at the Hampton Inn in Massillon, Hilton Doubletree (Canton) and you can project the likelihood of a major hotel developer building a hotel, at the village, that will have low occupancy, most of the year!

The HOF is trying to make this development work, on its own, with no significant help from a dying area, before the pandemic has put it on life support.

What are the odds that major entertainers and football related events and promotions can be drawn to Canton by the NFL and HOF?

It appears that they've been trying and you can see the results.

Drive by Benson tonight and see what type of events they're promoting on the scoreboard.

That would be another good measuring stick of how well fund raising is going and how desperate they are?!

What is the timeline and where are the developers on it, for finishing the village?

THAT should give you an objective evaluation, of the likelihood of finishing the project and it being successful!

Last edited:
Lets get back on topic....lots of positive news and potential opportunities for the Stark area. Hope everyone can pull their head out of their small mindedness and get on board.

The HOF is trying to make this development work, on its own, with no significant help from a dying area, before the pandemic has put it on life support.
Huh? We put in 5x the money the NFL/HOF did. And about 20x the amount the developer did. The guarantor is us, not them.

I haven't read in the Repository about any incidents at the village but I did read today where a poor soul ran from the police and crashed which resulted in his demise....he was NOT from Canton which further illustrates not all bad things happening in Stark Co are exclusively from one municipality.

enough of me spewing facts.
https://www.cantonrep.com/story/new...-police-chase-tuscarawas-township/9509807002/

Huh? We put in 5x the money the NFL/HOF did. And about 20x the amount the developer did. The guarantor is us, not them.
What is the timeline for this project and where are they at on it? This area will not support a project of this type, at this time. That isn't an opinion, you can see by what is happening and what is preventing it from being ahead of schedule!

It was floundering, till recently, when they tried to tie the HOF to a bigger development, apparently ignoring whether the local economy would support it?!

Who is knocking the door down to invest in this project and invest the money needed and attracting major promotions to this area?

The HOF, NFL and its owners will NOT prop up this project, in a blighted area, for obvious reasons!

Recounting who is helping the HOF is IMPORTANT, it is telling us that it is falling FAR SHORT of being what they need to finish and sustain it!

As long as the political climate and economy isn't showing any signs of even beginning to restart, what this area depended on, you aren't going to convince people to come to Canton year round, to support this project, in the manner it needs.

I would love to see the "Crossroads of Ohio" @ SRs 21 & 30 attract the development that could be projected there in a viable economy. I only need to look north at the empty Republic Steel lot, to get a wakeup call, that no one attraction, even the HOF is going to turn things around, on their own to restart it!

Last edited:
Recounting who is helping the HOF is IMPORTANT, it is telling us that it is falling FAR SHORT of being what they need to finish and sustain it!
My bad, I misread your post. I agree.

The University of Akron used to run buses up to the Valley, but that ended for whatever reason. That's a good example of what you can do to make a project like this worthwhile. You're definitely right about the pandemic. The problem, to me, lies at the very beginning with the Benson investment and demolition of Fawcett. The cost overrun was huge. It should have been that the area around Fawcett was done first, then you knock it down.

I would love to see some numbers to back up this claim. Because I don't think they exist.
The NFL put in $11 million, which is a rounding error for them. I can find over $50 million in bond financing from Stark, Summit, and Lucas county port authorities from a Google search. The developer appears to be personally on the hook for $3 or $4 million. That would be little to him but he might owe more. The Village itself is definitely on the hook for way more to various entities. There is very little reporting. I do know now that with a stock price of $1.02 that HOFV is officially the worst peforming SPAC stock in America, so there's that.

I'm only stating what I can find about the finances. The project is now 8 years old. It currently does the revenue of a single McDonald's franchise, and that's only if you include the DoubleTree downtown. Again, I'm not saying things can't work, I'm not saying they aren't trying, but we absolutely are paying for this gamble. And paying a lot.

The NFL put in $11 million, which is a rounding error for them. I can find over $50 million in bond financing from Stark, Summit, and Lucas county port authorities from a Google search. The developer appears to be personally on the hook for $3 or $4 million. That would be little to him but he might owe more. The Village itself is definitely on the hook for way more to various entities. There is very little reporting. I do know now that with a stock price of $1.02 that HOFV is officially the worst peforming SPAC stock in America, so there's that.

I'm only stating what I can find about the finances. The project is now 8 years old. It currently does the revenue of a single McDonald's franchise, and that's only if you include the DoubleTree downtown. Again, I'm not saying things can't work, I'm not saying they aren't trying, but we absolutely are paying for this gamble. And paying a lot.
Good time to buy stock??‍♂️

Reactions: y2h
Bottom line in all this is my2sens was right and all the rest of us were wrong and some of you continue to be wrong. If you drive by there there's construction going on from all directions. All of it will get done.

The NFL put in $11 million, which is a rounding error for them. I can find over $50 million in bond financing from Stark, Summit, and Lucas county port authorities from a Google search. The developer appears to be personally on the hook for $3 or $4 million. That would be little to him but he might owe more. The Village itself is definitely on the hook for way more to various entities.

You've accounted for $65 million plus "way more". The estimated cost of the stadium was $160 million, add another $25 million to purchase and rehab the hotel, another 15-20 for the office building, millions for property acquired for the project. Sounds like the "way more" is hundreds of millions.

The Port Authorities are on the hook for exactly zero. They simply provided bond financing at terms not normally available to new and small companies. They also allow the company to not have to pay sales taxes on materials. As for "little has been reported", it's a publicly traded company. Everything gets reported.

No other Stark business has the potential draw that the HOF Village will be. It's going to be a corporate conference destination, not mom and dad their 2.3 kids looking for a vacation spot.
Yes but no other Stark County businesses (outside of Canton) have the issues that Canton have. Better hope potential visitors from outside of the area don't have online subscriptions to the Rep. Yesterday's headlines could have ended some visits before they even started. I really hope it works out....but.

Yes but no other Stark County businesses (outside of Canton) have the issues that Canton have. Better hope potential visitors from outside of the area don't have online subscriptions to the Rep. Yesterday's headlines could have ended some visits before they even started. I really hope it works out....but.
This is your third reference to some vague headline. Why don't you just go ahead and spill it. It must be killing you. Every story has a headline.
It must be so horrific that everyone in Canton is cowering in their basements with the doors locked. Maybe you can blow in a call to distinguished Tiger alum Lori Lightfoot. Maybe she can give Canton some tips since she's done such a great job with crime in Chicago.

This is your third reference to some vague headline. Why don't you just go ahead and spill it. It must be killing you. Every story has a headline.
It must be so horrific that everyone in Canton is cowering in their basements with the doors locked. Maybe you can blow in a call to distinguished Tiger alum Lori Lightfoot. Maybe she can give Canton some tips since she's done such a great job with crime in Chicago.
The headline I'm referring to is a....I believe, 16 year old kid shoots two 19 year olds. Now....I wouldn't even be bringing this up if it weren't for two things, #1) this is becoming an almost daily ritual in Canton, and for that very reason #2) it falls right into the safety aspect I've been talking about for so long now. Also, since you brought up Chicago, wonder who has higher gun violence numbers on average when you figure in population? Btw, don't for one minute think that talking smack about Lightfoot will fire me up....I think she belongs in prison.

You've accounted for $65 million plus "way more". The estimated cost of the stadium was $160 million, add another $25 million to purchase and rehab the hotel, another 15-20 for the office building, millions for property acquired for the project. Sounds like the "way more" is hundreds of millions.

The Port Authorities are on the hook for exactly zero. They simply provided bond financing at terms not normally available to new and small companies. They also allow the company to not have to pay sales taxes on materials. As for "little has been reported", it's a publicly traded company. Everything gets reported.
Gotcha. No declining Rust Belt city has ever filed bankruptcy and the Repository does comprehensive reporting digestible for the public. Obviously HOFV stock is the hottest buy on the market. IRG has never been accused of shady behavior that leaves cities high and dry. I can't believe I was so naive.