Hall of Fame Village Future

fleadog101

These are renderings as to what is being built on the Campus of Hall of Fame Village these are Final renderings. The first picture is of the current complex under construction. The second is the Water Park Hotel I-77 runs behind the Hotel and Fulton road is behind the water Park. The Hotel will be 7 story 180 Guest rooms with an additional 10 suites a Ballroom with meeting rooms it will Be the upper level Hilton Tapestry.
the Center of Performance (the Dome) is just Sw. of the stadium.

Attachments

• shulas_large.jpg
    shulas_large.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 75
  • Hotel__Waterpark_Combination(2).jpg
    Hotel__Waterpark_Combination(2).jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 69
  • 93nW7FYQ.png
    93nW7FYQ.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 71
  • Cam01_HotelWaterpark_02_Day(5).jpg
    Cam01_HotelWaterpark_02_Day(5).jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 73

Duly noted, but it is being built regardless of your opinion.
I’m not arguing that nor have I ever. Quit looking for an argument.

Businesses in this area are dying, even in the Belden area, not sure how something of this scope can maintain success long-run. Hope I’m wrong for Canton and Stark county’s sake.

No other Stark business has the potential draw that the HOF Village will be. It's going to be a corporate conference destination, not mom and dad their 2.3 kids looking for a vacation spot.

No other Stark business has the potential draw that the HOF Village will be. It's going to be a corporate conference destination, not mom and dad their 2.3 kids looking for a vacation spot.
Like I said, hope it works out for them. October through March business conference in Ohio doesn’t sound super enticing, I’ll take the cheap flight and 70 degree weather in Vegas. That is what a corporate conference destination is competing with.
This is one I can’t see the same way as you my friend.

Somewhere in Texas…

“Bob, you were the top seller in your territory this quarter! Well done!”

Bob: “thanks boss, worked pretty hard”

“We want to send you to a sales conference…”

Bob: “Awesome! I’ve always wanted to go to Vegas for a conference!”

“Yeah, well, this one is in Canton, Ohio… you’ll have fun touring the HOF for an hour, going down kiddie water slides, and fighting for a tee spot at TopGolf.”

FleaDog - thanks for posting the pics and trying to start a good thread.

Before the small-minded gloom+dooms and McK haters ruin the thread, I'll say the plan is bold and sorely needed. It's called a "plan" because things could change along the way. Some people on here promised nothing would ever be built there. Now they hope we forgot that and have returned to the scene of their failure to diminish the most ambitious plan unveiled in this area since the opening of the Hall itself. Their grandfathers probably said "Who would ever come to see a museum about pro football? I hope it works out but I don't think its gonna be around long".

Is this billion +
dollar investment feasible?
The feasability question has long been decided by those who do such for a living. They assume its worth the risk.
Will it become a vacation destination?
Its not designed to be primarily such but it should draw some vacation traffic. Corporations will bring their teams as a conference meeting place and train, etc during the day and recreate later.
I think this could be the catalyst to turn Cantons image around. He'll, I would think the countries football fans alone will sustain it. Add in the water park and peripheral amenities and this is a win win for all of us. I imagine Amazon's investment will help stabilize Cantons population as well.
We should all hope this is true.

Duly noted, but it is being built regardless of your opinion.
They're building a strip mall. Which is how I always suspected this would go.

There is a history with this developer of doing this same thing again and again in multiple locations. The mayor of North Canton was profiled in the New York Times warning about this guy. We are now many years behind schedule.

Best of luck.

I would think at the VERY least HofF weekend would blow the doors off from a revenue perspective. All those out of towners with capsulated families, and now potentially a ton of things to do right there on site.

Back to topic. Is this billion +
dollar investment feasible? Will it become a vacation destination? Nobody would invest this kind off money in a venue failure. I think this could be the catalyst to turn Cantons image around. He'll, I would think the countries football fans alone will sustain it. Add in the water park and peripheral amenities and this is a win win for all of us. I imagine Amazon's investment will help stabilize Cantons population as well.
No doubt this all has a positive impact on the Bulldogs football program.
It won't ever become a week long "vacation" destination no matter how much the marketers say it will be, but for a lot of people within a 3 hour radius it could be sustainable as a weekend or 2 day trip destination. The youth sports tournaments alone could keep the hotel busy year round, the hall of fame week will obviously sell out every year, and the weekend trip to spend a day at the waterpark, spend the night at the hotel, and check out the hall of fame will keep them busy enough during the rest of the year to make it work

They're building a strip mall. Which is how I always suspected this would go.

There is a history with this developer of doing this same thing again and again in multiple locations. The mayor of North Canton was profiled in the New York Times warning about this guy. We are now many years behind schedule.

Best of luck.
In a time period where brick and mortar shopping has been on a decline for years.

I keep hearing “corporate meeting destination”, come on, seriously?

Yeah, I definitely see Canton vaulting up those rankings.

Hey! The 3 major Ohio cities made it! I’m sure this will catapult Canton up the list.

Again, I’m just posting my opinion. I really do want this venture to be successful. I just feel like it’s been mismanaged from the beginning and will struggle. Canton and the surrounding communities can’t support all the newer things downtown AND a bunch of new, most likely high-priced, shops and activities at the Village. I feel like people are selling the people of Canton on Champagne Dreams.

Most places like the HOF operate off budgets of revenue from their busy week. The rest of the year is just gravy on top. So they'll go black on HOF week, and the rest of the year is just added to the balance.

I keep hearing “corporate meeting destination”, come on, seriously?
The way the Village is structured is that he'll build it if they come. With taxpayer money. Nice gig for him. Not so nice a gig if you're working at the Meijer store and paying Canton city income tax despite being employed in Jackson Township.

It's cool to get the Stagg Bowl (attendance 1,800) but the trickle-down economics here just don't work to better the lives of area residents or bolster local businesses. It's too late to do anything about it but next time, we need to aim higher. These types of deals do work out well sometimes. But you don't pay tens of millions to get the economic boost of a GlenOak-Perry game.

Having a little familiarity with the hall of fame complex from officiating soccer ...
the fields there, along with the local high schools and colleges that are used as overflow, stage games for multiple weekends March through June and September through November.
when non-local teams participate in event(s) at the complex, they are almost always "stay to play".

If a water park in Sandusky, OH and Erie, PA can turn a profit, why not Canton?
It can absolutely turn a profit. But he won't build it. He takes the money and sticks it in his pocket. And we just sold him the McKinley Grand and gave him back majority ownership of HOFV after successfully wrestling it away.

It's not about being a naysayer, it's about this particular developer. The HOFV stock price cratered from $12 to $1.04. He posed for pictures with people he gave $150k for their homes around McKinley HS while the holdouts who didn't attend his party got $800k. We got scammed and keep begging for more. Why does no one see that this man is a slumlord?

Love when people on Yappi know more than people actually doing things.
Come on man, it’s a forum in which people give their opinions. I know there are a few people that may be actually wishing for this project to fail, I’m not one of them.

I didn’t mean to come across condescendingly, just looking at the possible pitfalls of the project/development. The area is adding businesses, which is good, but the crime rate is rising consistently and population is declining. Maybe the project can reverse those fortunes, but I think the issues are deeper than that.

Wasn't talking about you. I really don't read your posts that often.

Hey. For those afraid don't come. Don't support the events. The rest of us will move forward the best we can.