Gwoc

And has TWO state titles playing in 4 title games the last decade . How many do the mighty GWOC teams have ?
How many does Trotwood have? They were in the GWOC at the times of their championship runs. You're here on a GWOC thread pounding your chest that you got taken out by the dog shed and got beat by St X. ROTFLMAO. Go to you own thread and pound your chest that you got thumped. LOL!

Springfield
08/20 H Akron Archbishop Hoban
08/27 A Fairfield
09/03 A Trotwood-Madison
09/10 A Huber Heights Wayne
09/17 H Beavercreek
09/24 A Kettering Fairmont
10/01 A Springboro
10/08 H Centerville
10/15 A Miamisburg
10/22 H Clayton Northmont
Tough start to the season
It has to be tough when you play a gwoc schedule.

Yes PC got crushed by ST X, THIS YEAR , other years they played right with them or beat them . I think many here are using this year to paint the GWOC as being a dominant conference top to bottom as a rule , year in and year out . It hasn't been . If you think Springfield beats PC by 30 + or that one result = GWOC way better than CO teams . Just stop . Compara tive scores aren't the way to judge teams. In game dynamics are different, match-ups are different , mindsets are different week to week . Go back over the last decade and it will show some really good years and some average ones overall with Wayne being pretty dominant and like many leagues a collection of good to average or less teams.
Reality can be a bitter pill to swallow.

There may be 1 to 2 leagues in entire state that are good top to bottom. GCL is main one in SWO but they have 4 teams but gwoc has always had a team or 2 who can compete with anyone then a bunch of other teams who are ok and won’t go get murdered. Every public school conference has some bad teams even the mighty OCC ? so now can we move on

The GWOC isn't great, but I also don't think it's bad by any means. Most years I don't see a whole lot of difference between this league and the GMC aside from the GMC having a couple more schools and having a few more schools that have huge enrollments. In both leagues there's usually 1 really good team, whether it was Colerain dominating the GMC for forever or now it looks like Lakota West is in the driver's seat. In the GWOC, for several years it was Centerville and Wayne, then Wayne had their period of dominance with some state relevance and now it seems the baton has been passed to Springfield for probably as long as Douglass is there.

Wayne, Princeton and maybe still Colerain have good talent but some issues bringing the package all together. The rest of both leagues is usually middling and lesser D1 teams with some bright spots here and there. In both leagues half of the schools have no real chance of ever being better than average to above average in D1. In the GWOC Wayne, Springfield, Centerville and Northmont are the only schools that have the potential to be major players statewide, whether it's in spots or consistently for long periods of time.

The OCC has 32 schools. It's hard to draw a serious comparison to other leagues with the sheer size of it, but they're probably averaging one really good team in a typical year for every 7-8 teams in their league. Probably not all that different than the two big SW Ohio public school leagues, and usually a few schools (Pick Central, Coffman, Liberty) are in that upper tier consistently.

Nobody is good across the board like the GCL for a number of reasons.

The GWOC isn't great, but I also don't think it's bad by any means. Most years I don't see a whole lot of difference between this league and the GMC aside from the GMC having a couple more schools and having a few more schools that have huge enrollments. In both leagues there's usually 1 really good team, whether it was Colerain dominating the GMC for forever or now it looks like Lakota West is in the driver's seat. In the GWOC, for several years it was Centerville and Wayne, then Wayne had their period of dominance with some state relevance and now it seems the baton has been passed to Springfield for probably as long as Douglass is there.

Wayne, Princeton and maybe still Colerain have good talent but some issues bringing the package all together. The rest of both leagues is usually middling and lesser D1 teams with some bright spots here and there. In both leagues half of the schools have no real chance of ever being better than average to above average in D1. In the GWOC Wayne, Springfield, Centerville and Northmont are the only schools that have the potential to be major players statewide, whether it's in spots or consistently for long periods of time.

The OCC has 32 schools. It's hard to draw a serious comparison to other leagues with the sheer size of it, but they're probably averaging one really good team in a typical year for every 7-8 teams in their league. Probably not all that different than the two big SW Ohio public school leagues, and usually a few schools (Pick Central, Coffman, Liberty) are in that upper tier consistently.

Wow. So Springboro's fight against DC last year didn't open your eyes? I'm a CBC/OHC guy too, but the GWOC is better than you indicate above to me.

How many does Trotwood have? They were in the GWOC at the times of their championship runs. You're here on a GWOC thread pounding your chest that you got taken out by the dog shed and got beat by St X. ROTFLMAO. Go to you own thread and pound your chest that you got thumped. LOL!

Piqua has a state title as a GWOC school.....

Well stated. I would say that Springfield is the only big time player on the State level.

Centerville football has been a joke ever since they put Brent Ullery in charge. He has run off almost all the good assistant coaches either by being a an egotistic jerk or by other corrupt actions that I’ve heard about. That guy needs fired. The school district should keep a close eye on him for behaviors that I don’t think they would agree are teacher appropriate. Just going off things I’ve heard from coaches and former players.

Centerville football has been a joke ever since they put Brent Ullery in charge. He has run off almost all the good assistant coaches either by being a an egotistic jerk or by other corrupt actions that I’ve heard about. That guy needs fired. The school district should keep a close eye on him for behaviors that I don’t think they would agree are teacher appropriate. Just going off things I’ve heard from coaches and former players.
What kind of behavior and corrupt actions?

What kind of behavior and corrupt actions?
Having coaches fired for false accusations, sharing pictures of female students with other coaches, using program money for purchases not related to football, using football money for alcohol, those are to name a few I heard

It is also not smart to have your players openly admit on TV that a certain star player was recruited to play at Centerville.....

Having coaches fired for false accusations, sharing pictures of female students with other coaches, using program money for purchases not related to football, using football money for alcohol, those are to name a few I heard
Why aren't they investigating this?

From what I heard, Ullery turned in another coach 5-6 yrs ago for a group text that he was part of. That coach was fired and Ullery obviously moved up in ranks to Head Coach a year later after Roberts left. Could just be coincidence, but if you look at the football staff over his time as head coach you will notice that there are a lot of one year and done coaches. The thing that always made Centerville so good was having coaches that were good and that were on the staff for many years.