Greater Cincinnati Area Natives Playing Women's College Basketball

Game feeds

If folks could post game feeds for the various schools, etc..., that would be great as well.

I have a subscription to http://www.cstv.com/allaccess/
There are quite a few conferences that broadcast their games on this site.
It is 14.95 per month for access to all games for any sport.

I am pretty sure that the B1G broadcasts here now and I know the Big East does along with several other conferences.

Morehead State defeats Ohio University 62-57

Courtney Lumpkin had a great game today! 23 points to lead her team to a hard fought victory over Ohio University.
Almesha Jones got a good deal of play as a freshman off the bench for Morehead.

Ashley Fowler played limited minutes (12) in their season opener due to medical reasons.

University of Dayton suffered their first loss of the season in a 61-51 defeat vs the University of Toledo.

This loss came after a blowout win vs BGSU in their season opener. They beat the Falcons 69-38.

Justine Raterman had 12 boards and 7 pts against BGSU

Ally Mallott had 13 pts and 6 rebounds inthe victory

Cassie Sant played 17 minutes and got in 1 block and 1 pt in the victory.

Alexis Rogers started the game for BGSU but only played for 12 minutes. Possibly due to foul trouble. She had 3 rebounds and 2 points for the Falcons.

In The Flyers loss to Toledo,
Justine Raterman 9 Pts, 13 rebs and eventually fouled out of the game.
Ally Mallott wasn't able to repeat her performance debut but did play 18 minutes off the bench.
Cassie Sant had a more productive game with 6 rebs and 4 pts in 15 minutes played.

Marshall defeats Kent State 93-50

In their season opener, Jasmine Shaw and Shynisha Johnson represented Cincinnati and Winton Woods well coming off the bench to score 16 a piece.

Jasmine went 7-11 and had 2 steals in 12 min.
Shynisha went 5-7 and added 2 rebs, 2 asts, and 1 stl in 18 min.

They will play at Ohio U on Nov. 19th and at Morehead St against their former high school teammate Courtney Lumpkin on Nov. 23rd.

Last edited:
Vanderbilt starts season at 2-0

Vanderbilt has won its first 2 games of the season in convincing fashion; defeating Alabama A&M 86-55 and Western Illinois 95-51.

Gabby Smith who missed the first game due to a concussion, represented the city and MND well by posting 9 pts, 5 asts, 1 reb, and 1 stl in 19 minutes in her season debut.

Northwestern University starts the season at 1-0

They beat Central Michigan 69-60 with Kendall Hackney (MND '09) leading the way 18pts and 8 rebounds in 35 minutes. She is starting and doing a great job.

Next game is Nov. 15 against Western Kentucky.

Fellow Ohioan Brittany Orban is also starting as a Senior and was second in scoring in this game at 16 pts and 6 rebs.

Wright State Raiders begin the season with a W

Wright State made easy work of Ball State defeating them 74-55.

Sarah Hunter made her college debut in the victory coming off the bench for a solid 10 minutes and contributing 2 pts, 1 reb, and 2 steals to the victory.

Kayla Lamotte started the game and 3 rebs and 1 blk in 31 minutes played. I'm guessing her defense was a significant factor as it was in high school.

They return to the court Sat. Nov. 19th at home against Delaware St. at 7:00 p.m.

Thomas More College Memorial Tourney 11/27 4 pm

If anyone is looking to take in a game in the Cincy area, there will be plenty of local talent on display at the Julie Costello Memorial Tournament on Sunday 11/27 at 4pm at Thomas More College as the Thomas More Saints take on the Shawnee State Bears in a match up NCAA DIII vs. NAIA. Seven local products will be on the floor between the two schools.

For Shawnee State:
Allison Nagle, Loveland JR
Abby Ballman, Mother of Mercy SR
Alex Pohl, Loveland JR

For Thomas More:
Jill Brunsman, Mother of Mercy JR
Katie Kees, Mother of Mercy Jr
Stephanie Krusling, McNicholas FR
Jenny Burgoyne, McAulley Fr

This should be a very good game between highly ranked teams in their respective divisons.

Cincinnati Bearcats vs Dayton Flyers Tonight: To Be Televised on Fox Sports Ohio at 7

If you can't make it down to the game this evening at 5/3rd arena, you can still catch it on Fox Sports Ohio Network.

Wisconsin Badgers sit at 1-2 for the start of the season

Tiera Stephen has been a solid contributor for new coach Kelsey.

She started the first game of the season which was their lone win so far. She garnered 6 rebs, 2 asts, and 1 stl in the 3 games played as her time on the court has been limited.
Hopefully, she will work her way back into the lineup more consistently.

#5 Stanford Cardinals off to a 2-0 start as expected

They beat #24 Texas and Gonzaga pretty handily.

Mikael Ruef grabbed 3 rebs in limited play for the Cardinals.

Cincinnati defeats Dayton 75-64 in the I-75 battle

This was a big win for the Bearcats who are out to prove they are a different team this year.

This gives Dayton consecutive losses, dropping them to 1-2 and will probably cause their ranking to fall.

Dayeesha Hollins had 13 pts, 5 stls, 6 reb, and 7 asts in the game after a valiant effort by UD to limit her impact on the game.

Justine Raterman had 11 pts, 6 rebs, 1 blk, and 1 stl in the loss.
Cassie Sant had 9 pts, 1 reb, and 2 asts in 16 min. off the bench.
Ally Mallot had 4 pts, 2 rebs, 2 asts, and 1 blk in 15 min. off the bench.
Sam McKay (Dublin Coffman '09) had 1 ast.
Patrice Lalor (Toledo Notre Dame '08) had 5 pts, 6 asts, and 2 rebs.
Casey Nance (Revere '08) had 9 pts and 1 reb.
Andrea Hoover(Spring Valley Academy '11) 11 pts, 3 rebs, 1 ast and 1 stl and played pretty tough defense agains Hollins.

How much time have you spent researching this?

I have spent a max of 2-3 hours all together? It hasn't been a lot of time to date. I plan on giving a couple of hours a week to it. Usually do the most in the early morning before heading to work.

I haven't had a chance to get out here lately. I will probably do an update this weekend on how the young ladies have been doing up to this point.

However, the Crosstown Shootout is Sunday, Dec. 4, at 2:00 p.m.

It will showcase 4 young ladies from Cincinnati.

Dayeesha Hollins(Winton Woods) - soph guard for UC - transfer from Michigan

Amber Gray(Lakota West) - junior forward for Xavier -transfer from Tennessee
Jessica Pachko(Oak Hills) - junior forward for Xavier - transfer from Marquette
Ashley Waninger(Colerain) - sophomore guard for Xavier

Should be a great game! Come out and support the girls!

If anyone is looking to take in a game in the Cincy area, there will be plenty of local talent on display at the Julie Costello Memorial Tournament on Sunday 11/27 at 4pm at Thomas More College as the Thomas More Saints take on the Shawnee State Bears in a match up NCAA DIII vs. NAIA. Seven local products will be on the floor between the two schools.

For Shawnee State:
Allison Nagle, Loveland JR
Abby Ballman, Mother of Mercy SR
Alex Pohl, Loveland JR

For Thomas More:
Jill Brunsman, Mother of Mercy JR
Katie Kees, Mother of Mercy Jr
Stephanie Krusling, McNicholas FR
Jenny Burgoyne, McAulley Fr

This should be a very good game between highly ranked teams in their respective divisons.

Forgot to recap. This was a very exciting game. Back and forth most of the way. All the local girls saw significant playing time. Game was won by Thomas More on a last second shot by Jenny Burgoyne! Well done ladies.

Xavier beats UC with strong second half by Tyeasha Moss

This was a great game to attend. The city of Cincinnati was well represented on the floor by all of the young ladies.

Xavier was able to put together a very strong second half to come out with the victory. Strong post play was the difference maker to me. UC was outrebounded by double digits and Xavier's posts dominated with Jessica Pachko getting a double double with 13 pts and 12 rebs.
Tyeasha Moss, a Columbus, Ohio product had a dominant second half with 17 pts and many of those were pts in the paint.
Amber Gray was limited in offense this game but played excellent defense to help stifle the post play of UC's bigs and recorded 2 blocks.
Ashley Waninger also helped slow down UC's offense in the first half with aggressive D.

Dayeesha Hollins recorded her first career double-double in the loss with 19 pts and 10 rebs. She had 6 asts and 2 stls in the loss as well. Defensive lapses and no support from the UC posts hurt Cincinnati; however, the future looks promising for a team that has struggled for a very long time.

I look forward to the next few years seeing these young ladies play at Xavier and Cincinnati.