Greater Cincinnati Area Natives Playing Women's College Basketball

yhave1ne

Go Warriors
I thought it would be good to have a thread dedicated to the young ladies that are from Greater Cincinnati playing college basketball.

Please feel free to post game summaries, game dates, etc.. for those who are interested in supporting these young ladies in their college endeavors.

Dayeesha Hollins is the only Cincinnati native on UC's team.
There are two others from Cincinnati, besides Jaime Hamlet and Maria Bennett, that play for NKU. Kaitlyn Gerrity and Ashley Schaefer. I'm not familiar with either of them.

It brought back many memories of the old FAVC to see Maria, Day, and Jaime on the court together.

I didn't get to make it to Xavier's exhibition game but I saw that Amber Gray, Jessie Pachko, and Ashley Waninger all played well and played significant minutes. It will be awesome to see them on the court this year as well!

It is really nice to have so many of the girls back in their hometown. Hopefully, more will get out to support them at games.

We can't forget about our girls 30 - 40 miles up the road at Wright State. Sarah Hunter, Taylor Stanton (sitting out after transfer), and Kayla Lamotte.

We will be able to see Courtney Lumpkin (WW) and Almesha Jones (Hughes) that play for Morehead State when they come to town on the Tuesday, Dec. 6th at 7 p.m. to play Xavier.

I would love for this to be a thread where we can talk about the young ladies from Cincinnati that are playing at the college level.

Game days can be shared so that we can get out and support them whenever we get the chance.

I am going to post of games for young ladies that I know about and I hope others will do the same.

If possible, we could move this to the appropriate forum and just maintain a link from this forum to that forum?

Ashley Fowler is in her junior year at Ohio University. She will be facing quite a few of her AAU teammates this year! I will be travelling up the road to catch one or 2 games. I thought a better idea would be to post schedule links as well. So, I am going to post schedule links to teams separately with the associated player in the comments.

Nice job yhave1ne... Great way to keep up with the young ladies of Cincinnati at the next level. Thanks for taking the time to get this started.

Well....I think the simple solution for the intellectually challenged is....skip those threads you have no interest in.

It does nothing for your "manhood" to disparage others simply because you can.:Ohno: It's rather pathetic actually.

UC vs IPFW: 74-42

UC wins their opener against IPFW 74-42.

Dayeesha Hollins went 8-12 with 17 points, 4 asts, and 3 stls.
UC looked really good as a team with Chanel Chisolm putting up a double-double with 19-13. This was not the same team as last year and they look to be a very exciting team to watch.

Courtney Lumpkin reached double digits in their loss to U of Kentucky. Almesha Jones played in her first collegiate game in the loss as well.

96-60 was the score. Looked like a great first half effort but gave up 65 points to UK in the second half!

Xavier vs Eastern Kentucky University Wins 66 - 61

Amber Gray played considerable minutes in Xavier's win on Easter Kentucky University. It was a close one and I didn't expect that. If anyone has any information on the game, would love to hear it. I wasn't able to make this game but I will be seing them on the 25th.

Jessie Pachko 11 pts 4 rebs 4 asts 2 stl in 24 min.
Amber Gray had 8 pts 8 rebs and 2 asts in 34 min.
Ashley Waninger had 3 pts in 8 min.

Preseason Awards

Courtney Lumpkin (WW '08) of was named to the Preseason all-OVC team this year.

Morehead State (Almesha Jones -Hughes '11) will face off against Ohio University (Ashley Fowler - MND '09) today at 2:00 p.m.

Ohio University will have a feed that requires a subscription. You can watch single games for 5.95

http://www.ovcsports.com/