GMC 23-24

I got a chance to check out Lakota West last night and the freshman is special, so poised and under control the GMC is in trouble the next few years! Also really like the young guards from Princeton going to be fun to watch how the conference shakes out in the future

Middletown wins 55-52 over Western Hills and will get Winton Woods next. I think that will be a pretty good game.

Lakota West beat Princeton 69-57 and will get Elder next. That should also be a good game. I have no idea what Princeton was thinking choosing that path. Lakota West was a bad matchup for them, especially when the path through Sycamore was there when they went on the board.
I think Middletown has a chance to beat WW it'll be a fun game to watch. West and Elder will be an interesting matchup as well I think West can give them a run

Middletown wins 55-52 over Western Hills and will get Winton Woods next. I think that will be a pretty good game.

Lakota West beat Princeton 69-57 and will get Elder next. That should also be a good game. I have no idea what Princeton was thinking choosing that path. Lakota West was a bad matchup for them, especially when the path through Sycamore was there when they went on the board.
I know Middletown/Winton Woods is at Princeton? Is the Lakota West/Elder game at Princeton as well?

Not sure if these are still double-header games....

West can absolutely win the game. Elder struggles to shoot from outside. If the shots aren't falling from three, it will be a close game.
I don't think Elder needs to worry about hitting outside shots. When Lakota West overextends on pressure, they just need to rip it and go and not turn the ball over. Williams and Johnson can do that almost every time. Then they just need to stay in front of Lakota West on defense. Lakota West's losses are to Sycamore (great half court defensive team), Hamilton x 2 (very good half court defensive team), Middletown x 2 (very good half court defensive team), St. X (very good half court defensive team), and Beavercreek (not a good defensive team and they lost in a shootout). Elder is also a very good half court defensive team. Stay in front, don't overhelp, and only extend on Meade-Moss. You can live with Curry taking 3s. I don't think this is a game where Elder wants to extend their pressure. They very much need this to be a half court game.

I got a chance to check out Lakota West last night and the freshman is special, so poised and under control the GMC is in trouble the next few years! Also really like the young guards from Princeton going to be fun to watch how the conference shakes out in the future
As much as everyone says how young Lakota West is, they forget that Princeton is just as young. 4 of their top 6 players are sophomores, they had a couple of freshmen get varsity minutes, and, hopefully, they return 6'8" Kieran Granville-Britten (offer from Grambling, will probably get others if he's healthy this summer) and Cliff Cass (leading returning scorer from 2023). Princeton could potentially have had those two, Jaiden Arnold (CMAC POY), Dorian Williams (D1 WR and big time athlete), and Nate Riep (11.5 ppg at Oak Hills this year). Their sophomores got a lot better as the year went on and they should be primed to be very good next year. Lakota West and Princeton will be the top two teams in the league next year.

As much as everyone says how young Lakota West is, they forget that Princeton is just as young. 4 of their top 6 players are sophomores, they had a couple of freshmen get varsity minutes, and, hopefully, they return 6'8" Kieran Granville-Britten (offer from Grambling, will probably get others if he's healthy this summer) and Cliff Cass (leading returning scorer from 2023). Princeton could potentially have had those two, Jaiden Arnold (CMAC POY), Dorian Williams (D1 WR and big time athlete), and Nate Riep (11.5 ppg at Oak Hills this year). Their sophomores got a lot better as the year went on and they should be primed to be very good next year. Lakota West and Princeton will be the top two teams in the league next year.
Yeah Princeton when healthy and not losing those two in Arnold and Riep could have been the best team in the state with the size athleticism they would have possessed. Next year will be good to have Cliff and Kieran back with experienced juniors they should be a team to be reckoned with next season

Not sure if anyone saw, but the Northwest board voted Monday night to combine Colerain and Northwest High schools. I’m sure it will be a lengthy process since they intend to build new buildings but it could potentially put a slightly better hoops product out for GMC play. That is assuming they stay in the league since the SWOC is down to 4 schools these days.

Not sure if anyone saw, but the Northwest board voted Monday night to combine Colerain and Northwest High schools. I’m sure it will be a lengthy process since they intend to build new buildings but it could potentially put a slightly better hoops product out for GMC play. That is assuming they stay in the league since the SWOC is down to 4 schools these days.

… as soon as the voters approve a bond issue. I guess it’s possible but I won’t hold my breath.

Lakota East, Lakota West, Sycamore, Hamilton, Middletown, and Oak Hills all onto the round of 64. There may have been no top teams in the league this year, but there were a lot of good ones. GMC representing well in the tournament so far. 3 of the 4 losses were to fellow GMC teams.

Lakota East, Lakota West, Sycamore, Hamilton, Middletown, and Oak Hills all onto the round of 64. There may have been no top teams in the league this year, but there were a lot of good ones. GMC representing well in the tournament so far. 3 of the 4 losses were to fellow GMC teams.
Lakota East nearly gave away 10 point lead in 4th qtr but hung on. East has now sent 2 GCL teams home. Hamilton thumps Fairfield to get some redemption after losing twice during the season to them.

Agreed. Some will depend on if the project can qualify for any state funding. But no matter what some money will have to come from somewhere
No chance they pass a levy. And even if they do you’re probably looking at close to 5 years before a new high school would be built and open.

West 54 Elder 49 This is a toss up. Going with the young Birds.
Middies 63 Warriors 54 Another toss up, have to believe the Middletown squad can have a decent plan to limit McKinley.

West 54 Elder 49 This is a toss up. Going with the young Birds.
Middies 63 Warriors 54 Another toss up, have to believe the Middletown squad can have a decent plan to limit McKinley.
Unfortunately, I think the GMC drops both games tonight. I don’t think West can guard Elder and Elder is good enough defensively to limit them somewhat. Middletown-Winton Woods could go either way, but I’ll give Winton Woods the edge because they have the best player in the state.

Well, I thought Elder would win, but I didn't think they would blow Lakota West out. Shows the Baby Birds where they have to get to the next couple of years.
West had trouble putting the ball in the basket and Tyler Johnson was way too much for the birds. 20-4 run to start the second half was the difference.

Congrats to Coach Price leading his Highlanders past Sycamore. He still knows what he is doing. I doubt anyone in the GMC does more with less.
OHSAA website has it reversed. Sycamore led by as much as 17 and Oak Hills didn’t make a 2-pt shot until the 4th quarter.

Sycamore vs Hamilton, who you got?
Sycamore. It’s a good matchup for them. They can score on teams that don’t play pressure because they are actually very efficient when they don’t turn the ball over, and Hamilton doesn’t play pressure. Hamilton also does not have enough shooters to stretch the floor and pull Burgess away from the basket. They’ll guard Holden with someone else and let Burgess play rover in the center of the defense, sagging off one of Hamilton’s non-shooters.

Middletown can absolutely win against Centerville. They will just need to hit some outside shots. Their defense will contain Centerville enough if they can.

The stats make it look like they don't make outside shots. Is that accurate? I haven't seen them this year. How do they play?

The stats make it look like they don't make outside shots. Is that accurate? I haven't seen them this year. How do they play?
Switching packed in zones. It’s very effective. Centerville will hit 3s but will struggle to get to the basket. Middletown has more issues scoring, which they can, but it’s been very inconsistent. Only two real shooters, and their star Landers has been inconsistent from the outside.