GMC 23-24

Well let's land this plane, shall we? Elder grad and one-time Elder assistant Tim Austing leads Sycamore into their 1st round game against Mason. Sycamore won both regular season games, but the one only 3 weeks ago went to overtime. Can Mason pull the upset?
Can they? Absolutely.

Well let's land this plane, shall we? Elder grad and one-time Elder assistant Tim Austing leads Sycamore into their 1st round game against Mason. Sycamore won both regular season games, but the one only 3 weeks ago went to overtime. Can Mason pull the upset?
I personally think this is the game of the night across all of region 4.

Fairfield 59 Harrison 45 Indians pressure wears them down.
Middletown 63 Northwest 44 Middies score in bunches, NW can't keep up.
Sycamore pulls it off 50-48 over the Comets. This is a toss up. Going with the GMC POY.
East 49 Lancers 44 Another toss up. Perry has to come up big and get some help.
GMC goes 4-0 on the night.

I personally think this is the game of the night across all of region 4.
My big question about Mason is how they only won a single game in the GMC this year outside of Colerain? They are 4-2 outside of the GMC with a 2-pt loss to X and a 4-pt loss to Moeller and a win over the #4 ranked team in South Carolina. They look like a solid team and the combination of DeBrosse and Menker are pretty darn good. They are 1-11 since the new year.

Pretty confident they are going to play that 1-3-1 against Sycamore tonight and will extend it 3/4 court as they have to try to force turnovers from Sycamore's guards since they know they can't stop Burgess. On the other side, I think Mason just needs to pray they shoot the lights out from 3 since they can't score at the rim on Burgess. They are 20-57 from 3 in the previous two games against Sycamore (which is an insane number of 3s taken).

My big question about Mason is how they only won a single game in the GMC this year outside of Colerain? They are 4-2 outside of the GMC with a 2-pt loss to X and a 4-pt loss to Moeller and a win over the #4 ranked team in South Carolina. They look like a solid team and the combination of DeBrosse and Menker are pretty darn good. They are 1-11 since the new year.

Pretty confident they are going to play that 1-3-1 against Sycamore tonight and will extend it 3/4 court as they have to try to force turnovers from Sycamore's guards since they know they can't stop Burgess. On the other side, I think Mason just needs to pray they shoot the lights out from 3 since they can't score at the rim on Burgess. They are 20-57 from 3 in the previous two games against Sycamore (which is an insane number of 3s taken).
I just can’t see Mason beating Sycamoreeslecially if they don’t hit at least 10-3s. That’s a lot to ask for.

East v LaSalle is the one I’m looking forward too. LaSalle has played uncharacteristically fast this season and Trey loves to get it and go. I think this game has the potential to be up and down. Having said that it may be fast paced without many shots going in.

Complete guess but I will go with LaS 55 East 50

Aves move on 62-44---Mason moves to baseball and to fight for another GMC championship
Sycamore didn't mess around from about the middle of the 2nd quarter on. Burgess with a career high of 30 points.

Hey, Mason is going to win the GMC in baseball and maybe the state. They have a LOADED team. I've never seen a high school team have so many guys that can throw 90+.

Sycamore didn't mess around from about the middle of the 2nd quarter on. Burgess with a career high of 30 points.

Hey, Mason is going to win the GMC in baseball and maybe the state. They have a LOADED team. I've never seen a high school team have so many guys that can throw 90+.
That is correct J--and since some of the boys skipped basketball they should be "really ready" for baseball----it definitely hurt this basketball team from a size and depth standpoint, but 1-12 since January 5th makes it 7-16 season--worst season since Mason entered the GMC in 2007-08 and they return just 16 points of offense for next season---could be a rough 24-25 as well.

Lakota East taking it to LaSalle. 36-17 at halftime.
Lakota East wins 65-40. They'll get St. X.

Milford pulls out a close one against Loveland. Sycamore will get them next.

Western Hills beats Kings. Middletown will get them next.

Fairfield-Hamilton and Lakota West-Princeton on tap for round 2 as well.

SWDAB is going to have to move the Fairfield-Hamilton game from Fairfield and the Lakota West-Princeton game from Lakota West. Most likely the Princeton vs West game goes to Fairfield on 2/27 at 7:30 and the Little Miami vs Anderson game goes to West on 2/27 at 7:30. Oak Hills-Aiken at 6:00 2/28 probably moves to Fairfield at 6:00 and the Hamilton-Fairfield game goes to Lakota West on 2/28 at 6:00. Can't play on your home court rule.

GMC goes 4-1 on the night, which is the best they could do since they had a GMC/GMC matchup.
2 GMC-GMC matchups in the next round (Fairfield-Hamilton, Lakota West-Princeton), 2 games in which they will be favored (Sycamore, Middletown), and 2 games where they are underdogs but could definitely win (Lakota East, Oak Hills).

Aiken vs Oak Hills, who has an idea?
Oak Hills 12-5 since Christmas trip to Florida---playing well with wins over Sycamore and Hamilton and tight losses at Hamilton by 2, at West by 3, and at Middletown by 6. Aiken strong record and certainly a different style of play in the CMAC----gonna be a battle of who shoots it better and the rebounding on both ends. Probably a toss-up at Fairfield.

Aiken vs Oak Hills, who has an idea?
Nearly impossible to tell. Complete contrast in styles. One single common opponents between the two teams, Northwest, who Oak Hills beat by 39 in the 1st game of the season and Aiken beat by 19 in the last game of the season (Burnett didn't play). Aiken has played only a few teams that play slow all season, and they certainly haven't played anyone as physical as Oak Hills. Aiken is very much the more talented team with Jaiden Arnold (IPFW commit), James Burnett Jr. (CMAC POY), and 6'10" Brandon Glass Jr. (multiple D1 offers), but I don't think they've even played, let alone beat, a team as good as Oak Hills this year. Their schedule was that bad. Can Oak Hills stay in front of those guards? If they can and force them to shoot jumpers and if Maginn can handle the pressure, they'll win. Officiating could have an impact too. If refs are calling it tight, Oak Hills will foul Aiken a lot, and Oak Hills really only plays 7 players. If they are letting them play, nobody is more physical than Oak Hills.

Nearly impossible to tell. Complete contrast in styles. One single common opponents between the two teams, Northwest, who Oak Hills beat by 39 in the 1st game of the season and Aiken beat by 19 in the last game of the season (Burnett didn't play). Aiken has played only a few teams that play slow all season, and they certainly haven't played anyone as physical as Oak Hills. Aiken is very much the more talented team with Jaiden Arnold (IPFW commit), James Burnett Jr. (CMAC POY), and 6'10" Brandon Glass Jr. (multiple D1 offers), but I don't think they've even played, let alone beat, a team as good as Oak Hills this year. Their schedule was that bad. Can Oak Hills stay in front of those guards? If they can and force them to shoot jumpers and if Maginn can handle the pressure, they'll win. Officiating could have an impact too. If refs are calling it tight, Oak Hills will foul Aiken a lot, and Oak Hills really only plays 7 players. If they are letting them play, nobody is more physical than Oak Hills.
Jesus, imagine Princeton this year with Arnold still aboard and a healthy Cass, Williams, and Kieran.

Arnold won POY & Glass only holds 1 D1 offer

And strongly agreed with this. I think the name of the game (like most games) will be paint touches & how the refs call the game. If it’s established early by the refs that OH will be allowed to hold & grab then Aiken certainly will struggle. If they get a couple early handcheck & bump calls, then that plays into Aikens hands. Glass will be a toss up in this game for me though, as pretty much their only “big” there have been games where he’s literally nonexistent in the stat book, so I’m curious to see which BJ shows up for this one.

And as much as Aiken plays through Arnold and Burnett, Black has them running solid quality sets that OH will have to defend, which I’m sure they will.

Who touches the paint more will determine this game in my eyes

Ok, someone had told me Burnett had won. Thanks for the correction. Per Verbal Commits, Glass has 2 offers (Manhattan, St. Francis).
St. Francis of Brooklyn terminated all athletics programs last spring. His offer came from them before that decision was made.

And strongly agreed with this. I think the name of the game (like most games) will be paint touches & how the refs call the game. If it’s established early by the refs that OH will be allowed to hold & grab then Aiken certainly will struggle. If they get a couple early handcheck & bump calls, then that plays into Aikens hands. Glass will be a toss up in this game for me though, as pretty much their only “big” there have been games where he’s literally nonexistent in the stat book, so I’m curious to see which BJ shows up for this one.

And as much as Aiken plays through Arnold and Burnett, Black has them running solid quality sets that OH will have to defend, which I’m sure they will.

Who touches the paint more will determine this game in my eyes
And completely agree. The sets Aiken runs are to get Arnold and Burnett driving angles though. If they get penetration, then Glass comes into play as he's pretty much a rim runner only. He's not going to score on post touches against the Oak Hills tandem of Stidham (6'6") and Riep (6'5", also could be on Princeton this year btw). Glass' role is as a rim protector on defense. Oak Hills did have to go against Burgess during this season, and in the 2nd game which they won, they learned to hit pull-ups at 8-10 feet.

And completely agree. The sets Aiken runs are to get Arnold and Burnett driving angles though. If they get penetration, then Glass comes into play as he's pretty much a rim runner only. He's not going to score on post touches against the Oak Hills tandem of Stidham (6'6") and Riep (6'5", also could be on Princeton this year btw). Glass' role is as a rim protector on defense. Oak Hills did have to go against Burgess during this season, and in the 2nd game which they won, they learned to hit pull-ups at 8-10 feet.
Yeah Arnold and Burnett will be the head that OH has to cut off. And even from a motor/activity standpoint, Glass can be very stagnant. He didn’t lead the league in rebounds (he was actually 23rd in the conference) & he only has 2 games this season with double digit rebounds.

For Aiken to have a chance, he’s gotta be better

Middletown wins 55-52 over Western Hills and will get Winton Woods next. I think that will be a pretty good game.

Lakota West beat Princeton 69-57 and will get Elder next. That should also be a good game. I have no idea what Princeton was thinking choosing that path. Lakota West was a bad matchup for them, especially when the path through Sycamore was there when they went on the board.