GMC 23-24

Why would Elder struggle to schedule a game with a school like Lakota East? Or Lakota West? Or Hamilton? Or Middletown? Or Sycamore? Or Princeton? Or Mason? Literally, these teams are non-existent on Elder's schedule for over a decade. Yet you find Oak Hills and Colerain (lol), two of the weakest programs, on recent schedules.

They literally don't schedule the GMC outside of OH. Why? There's no way you can convince me all of these schools are just saying no. This is purposeful.
Oak Hills were GMC champs in 16-17 and GMC second place in 17-18, 18-19 and 19-20. Had losing seasons for three years but currently are 9-7 in the league. That’s what you call one of the weakest programs?

Oak Hills were GMC champs in 16-17 and GMC second place in 17-18, 18-19 and 19-20. Had losing seasons for three years but currently are 9-7 in the league. That’s what you call one of the weakest programs?
Yea, Oak Hills is something like 3rd or 4th in the league in winning percentage over the last 20 years. I know Colerain is last, and I think it’s close between Sycamore and Lakota West for 8th and 9th, although neither are that far below .500. The league actually has a ton of parity over the years and the good teams are cyclical. Princeton is a clear #1 at a .700 winning percentage in that time.

OK, fair enough, but the question isn't really centered around Oak Hills. Elder is going to play OH every year regardless.

The others are the true question mark. Nowhere to be found on an Elder schedule. Even the Fairfield games were part of off-site showcases, I believe.

And how many of those were regularly scheduled games between the schools vs. tournament games or showcases where someone else is setting the match-ups? Outside of Oak Hills, it's probably most of them.
If All the Local Teams outside of the GCL are as bad as you say how in the hell can anyone put on a HS Basketball Showcase?

OK, fair enough, but the question isn't really centered around Oak Hills. Elder is going to play OH every year regardless.

The others are the true question mark. Nowhere to be found on an Elder schedule. Even the Fairfield games were part of off-site showcases, I believe.
But… you used Oak Hills as a prime example of Elder’s weak scheduling. It doesn’t support your point at all.

Well then why don't you just spit it out?

Relationships with coaches? Who's the common denominator at Colerain? If that's the case, why aren't they playing Sycamore every year?
If you want to legally recruit, the best way is to play the schools in your local area, ESPECIALLY if you're a private school that doesn't have a far reach across the metropolitan area you are in. When you play those local schools you put your school on display for all the potential students and parents of students you could have down the road. It's your chance to make a face to face impression with all those potential families.

You can shat on Colerain all you want. Their basketball is horrible and will be horrible for the foreseeable future. But they are respectable across most other sports, at least to the point where you shouldn't feel the need to not regularly schedule. If I'm Elder I'm trying to get as many west side schools on my sports team's schedules as reasonably possible. Oak Hills, Western Hills, Colerain, Harrison, Ross, Mt Healthy, Wyoming, Fairfield, Cincinnati Christian. Any school in the area that I could maybe get kids from and get at least a half decent game. I'd even reach across the highway some to Roger Bacon, Walnut Hills, Withrow, Summit Country.

Just my 2 cents.

Why would Elder struggle to schedule a game with a school like Lakota East? Or Lakota West? Or Hamilton? Or Middletown? Or Sycamore? Or Princeton? Or Mason? Literally, these teams are non-existent on Elder's schedule for over a decade. Yet you find Oak Hills and Colerain (lol), two of the weakest programs, on recent schedules.

They literally don't schedule the GMC outside of OH. Why? There's no way you can convince me all of these schools are just saying no. This is purposeful.
Did u even read my post above filled with facts? There aren’t many games available for E to play against the GMC. I literally just posted their OOC schedules. Elder also played at FF this year. This is the last I will post about this because Trey is close to ruining another thread.

Here are the facts. Over the last 10 years, here is the number of games played by conference, removing Oak Hills, showcases, tournament games, and any out of town games). Basically, they are playing 2 GMC games per year, mostly against Oak Hills and Fairfield. That is straight embarassing to have that many games against the MVC and CMAC as a D1 power.

All of these conferences have about the same or more teams than the GMC, yet they don't seem to have a problem scheduling Elder. So all of these D2 schools are up for scheduling them, but hardly any of the GMC outside of Fairfield and Oak Hills? You act like you know everything and "spit facts", but it's really all just your biased opinion. These are facts and they back up everything I say. Sandbagging 101.

As I said, most of their non-conference schedule, every year, is lower than D1 equivalent schools. And you will go to the ends of the earth to spin the narrative to say what I say isn't true. It's all true.

MVC - 21
ECC - 19
CMAC - 16
GMC - 16
NKY - 12
GCLC - 8
GWOC - 8
CHL - 6
SOC - 5

Give us some real "facts" as why the majority of the GMC won't schedule Elder then?

Let me guess, poor ole Elder again - poor things, no one will play with them, so they have to go down a division to get games. What a joke.

It's pretty obvious the conferences they target for non-league games.

Here are the facts. Over the last 10 years, here is the number of games played by conference, removing Oak Hills, showcases, tournament games, and any out of town games). Basically, they are playing 2 GMC games per year, mostly against Oak Hills and Fairfield. That is straight embarassing to have that many games against the MVC and CMAC as a D1 power.

All of these conferences have about the same or more teams than the GMC, yet they don't seem to have a problem scheduling Elder. So all of these D2 schools are up for scheduling them, but hardly any of the GMC outside of Fairfield and Oak Hills? You act like you know everything and "spit facts", but it's really all just your biased opinion. These are facts and they back up everything I say. Sandbagging 101.

As I said, most of their non-conference schedule, every year, is lower than D1 equivalent schools. And you will go to the ends of the earth to spin the narrative to say what I say isn't true. It's all true.

MVC - 21
ECC - 19
CMAC - 16
GMC - 16
NKY - 12
GCLC - 8
GWOC - 8
CHL - 6
SOC - 5
Easy on your number there. Is the MVC the highest because of PM and RB? They were in the GCLC for the majority of your cherry picking stats. Might want to put RB and PM back where they belong, but good try.

Easy on your number there. Is the MVC the highest because of PM and RB? They were in the GCLC for the majority of your cherry picking stats. Might want to put RB and PM back where they belong, but good try.
What does that matter? They are still D2 teams, with Elder dominating in 90% of them.

The point is, I said Elder sandbags their schedule, and this 100% backs it up. They dodge most of the GMC and play D2 and D3 equivalent schools outside of the GCL.

Last edited:
1708698828719.png
Remind me again why this is on the GMC thread? Go away.
1708698924292.png

No Centerville, No Mason, No Lakota East, No Middletown, No Princeton, 1 game against Cov Cath and Hamilton, a couple against Wayne and LW.

When someone tells me I'm lying for their own agenda, I come with facts. And then they say "this is the last I'm responding to" when they know they got got. Teams they've played the most over that 10 years - complete joke:

Cooper - 9
Roger Bacon - 9
West Hi - 9
Purcell Marian - 7
Fairfield - 6
Mariemont - 5
Northwest - 5
Withrow - 5
Turpin - 5
Walnut Hills - 4
Badin - 4

sounds like a lot of you should be applying for AD jobs. then you can see how easier or willing teams are to schedule.

glad i opened a thread about the GMC and at least the last 2 pages have been about how the gcl schedules.

jtk
()
Again I am so sorry. Not even sure who cares about elder. Obviously someone but not many. Would like to hear more about the GMC teams

When someone tells me I'm lying for their own agenda, I come with facts. And then they say "this is the last I'm responding to" when they know they got got. Teams they've played the most over that 10 years - complete joke:

Cooper - 9
Roger Bacon - 9
West Hi - 9
Purcell Marian - 7
Fairfield - 6
Mariemont - 5
Northwest - 5
Withrow - 5
Turpin - 5
Walnut Hills - 4
Badin - 4
So Cooper state contender in KY
3 GCL schools that are very good in certain years.
6 D1 schools
Mariemont who Elder and X have great relationship with coach.
16 game league OOC schedule that needs to be filled.

Again I am so sorry. Not even sure who cares about elder. Obviously someone but not many. Would like to hear more about the GMC teams
oh im not mad. until a person has been an AD they have no idea. theres an underlying reason that the gcl and gmc don't cater to each other. but that is for a different thread.

jtk
()

oh im not mad. until a person has been an AD they have no idea. theres an underlying reason that the gcl and gmc don't cater to each other. but that is for a different thread.

jtk
()
So yes - this is where this started and why it's pertinent to the thread. There are underlying comments about the relationship between the GMC and GCL. People waltz around it with excuses like "they just can't make it happen", which is crap.

What's the real underlying reasons people keep alluding to? If it's the publics don't want to help out the privates, and they are indeed freezing them out of scheduling, then just say that.

What's the real underlying reasons people keep alluding to? If it's the publics don't want to help out the privates, and they are indeed freezing them out of scheduling, then just say that.
That is what people said about how GMC schools treated Moeller about a decade ago. It appeared to some posters on this site that GMC member schools were “boycotting” Moeller in all sports.

Trey
That is what people said about how GMC schools treated Moeller about a decade ago. It appeared to some posters on this site that GMC member schools were “boycotting” Moeller in all sports.
Yes, I vaguely remember this. Mason, Lakota, Sycamore, Hamilton, Princeton, etc. were tired of losing players to Moe.

The AD's came together and agreed NOT to schedule Moe.

The point was about Moeller. And not even about scheduling the GMC. They aren't elder. They can schedule way better than the GMC. I merely pointed out that there schedule wasn't good. You have a serious issue with elder.

I appreciate that you love to have discussion on this forum, but can we get back on topic to the GMC here?
Sure, but if people are going to continue to tell me I make things up, even after I've provided plenty of evidence to the contrary, I'm going to respond.

These aren't lies. It's right there for everyone to see.

The point was about Moeller. And not even about scheduling the GMC. They aren't elder. They can schedule way better than the GMC. I merely pointed out that there schedule wasn't good. You have a serious issue with elder.
There are a few different conversations going on and it looks like you are picking a fight with someone that isn't even trying to argue with you.

It is doublehelix that is obsessed with Elder and continues to steer every conversation towards Elder in some way.

There are a few different conversations going on and it looks like you are picking a fight with someone that isn't even trying to argue with you.

It is doublehelix that is obsessed with Elder and continues to steer every conversation towards Elder in some way.
Well let's land this plane, shall we? Elder grad and one-time Elder assistant Tim Austing leads Sycamore into their 1st round game against Mason. Sycamore won both regular season games, but the one only 3 weeks ago went to overtime. Can Mason pull the upset?

Friday, February 23, 2024
Fairfield at Harrison 06:00 PM Princeton High School
Middletown at Northwest 06:00 PM Fairfield HS
Mason at Sycamore 06:00 PM Lakota West
La Salle at Lakota East 07:30 PM Fairfield HS