• Princeton (8-6)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Middletown (9-13)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lakota West (16-9)

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There seems to be a lot of obsessing about parking fees. As the bromide goes: "If you have to ask, you probably can't afford it." If it looks like a parking fee may be a dealbreaker, my unsolicited advice would would lean to the DON'T go to the game[s} side.

Last edited:
A bas
There seems to be a lot of obsessing about parking fees. As the bromide goes: "If you have to ask, you probably can't afford it." If it looks like a parking fee may be a dealbreaker, my unsolicited advice would would lean to the DON'T go to the game[s} side.
A basketball thread has been hijacked by a driving parking group. Maybe Uber is suppling misinformation.

Did you attend the games at the University of Dayton this week?
Attending games at the University of Cincinnati this weekend?
read my post - SECTIONAL/DISTRICT GAMES in the SOUTHWEST DISTRICT

NONE of those sites made you pay for parking until this past week when it was a REGIONAL SEMI-FINAL game.

if someone on here wants to confirm that they had to pay for parking at one of those sites, i'm glad to hear it as i wasn't at EVERY single one but was at Lakota West, West Clermont, and Harrison - didn't have to pay for parking at any of them.

A bas

A basketball thread has been hijacked by a driving parking group. Maybe Uber is suppling misinformation.
obviously not my intention nor was i complaining about having to pay to park. i simply made the observation that they charged for it. i get it if they're going to do it but they should also let fans know. considering that you can't BUY a ticket with cash when you get there (they're all digital/online) and i know a lot of people who don't always carry cash, it would simply be helpful to know that you need to do that if you're attending the game. that's all.

NONE of those sites made you pay for parking until this past week when it was a REGIONAL SEMI-FINAL game.

if someone on here wants to confirm that they had to pay for parking at one of those sites, i'm glad to hear it as i wasn't at EVERY single one but was at Lakota West, West Clermont, and Harrison - didn't have to pay for parking at any of them.
University of Dayton had Boys District games this week (they always have)
University of Cincinnati is Hosting Boys District games this weekend

They charged/are charging to park....... which is contrary to your claim that the state/host (state isn't involved) doesn't charge to park at "ANY" venue in the sectionals/districts.

Last edited:
obviously not my intention nor was i complaining about having to pay to park. i simply made the observation that they charged for it. i get it if they're going to do it but they should also let fans know. considering that you can't BUY a ticket with cash when you get there (they're all digital/online) and i know a lot of people who don't always carry cash, it would simply be helpful to know that you need to do that if you're attending the game. that's all.
You've done well.

Sycamore 59 Fairmont 57 Starting the day with what could be a great one. Toss up.
Centerville 75 West 40 Elks name the score, nice job getting there Birds.
Fairfield 65 Walnut Hills 58 This could be an up and down affair. Going with Indians experience.
Wayne 60 Turpin 55 The night cap could also be a great one. Pulling for the Spartans.

Sycamore 59 Fairmont 57 Starting the day with what could be a great one. Toss up.
Centerville 75 West 40 Elks name the score, nice job getting there Birds.
Fairfield 65 Walnut Hills 58 This could be an up and down affair. Going with Indians experience.
Wayne 60 Turpin 55 The night cap could also be a great one. Pulling for the Spartans.
I believe Fairfield/WH is the last game of the evening.

Its the schools choice. The school keeps all the money from parking and concessions. The state gets the majority of ticket sales. UC and UD games are Distict games, not regional and they will make you pay to park.

Gee, the game has been over for nearly an hour and there are no reacts to Fairmont's 60-43 beatdown of Sycamore. When the other team can't put the ball in the basket it makes the winning coach look pretty good.

Gee, the game has been over for nearly an hour and there are no reacts to Fairmont's 60-43 beatdown of Sycamore. When the other team can't put the ball in the basket it makes the winning coach look pretty good.
Fairmont played better. it's that simple. they didn't turn it over. they shot the S%&$ out of it. defended hard/more aggressively than Sycamore after the first quarter which didn't allow Sycamore to use their size advantage against them.

all credit to Fairmont. they were the better team today.

Fairmont played better. it's that simple. they didn't turn it over. they shot the S%&$ out of it. defended hard/more aggressively than Sycamore after the first quarter which didn't allow Sycamore to use their size advantage against them.

all credit to Fairmont. they were the better team today.
Agreed. Sycamore had a tremendous season and should be extremely proud. Fairmont shot it better than most would’ve expected so hats off to them. Not much else can really be said.

I get it. When my Vikes lose I don't even think about yappi for a few days lol

GMC getting a beat down so far. Fairfield will be the last hope with there game against Walnut Hills coming up. All 3 GWOC teams will be in the regional semifinals. I thought Sycamore had a good chance against Fairmont as I did Turpin against Wayne and Fairfield against Walnut Hills. West against Centerville no. But thought the first 2 final results would be closer then they ended up.

Poor cell service in the arena, so taking me awhile to post my thoughts.

It turns out the GMC, and Cincinnati basketball in general, wasn’t very good this year. Sycamore was clearly a notch below Fairmont, Turpin didn’t stand a chance against Wayne, and Lakota West didn’t look like they were playing the same sport as Centerville. We all thought it was good given the number of D1 recruits and the competitiveness of games we watched, but it wasn’t.

As for Sycamore-Fairmont, I watched 3 complete games of Fairmont’s online, and they played exactly how I thought they were going to, and Sycamore tried to matchup with them exactly as I thought they were going to. Sycamore ran Johnson off the 3 point line and collapsed on Doucet when he drove and made the other Fairmont players hit 3s………and they did.

I really did think that Sycamore would struggle to guard Fairmont and that Sycamore would have to be really efficient offensively to win. I thought Sycamore was totally capable of getting what they wanted against Fairmont, and they did! But outside of Bolden, Sycamore missed a lot of open looks that they had made all year. I’m not sure another Sycamore player made an outside shot and there were at least 3 other players shooting in the vicinity of 40% from 3 and they didn’t make any outside shots. Then, Fairmont got Burgess in foul trouble and played keep-away with the lead, and that was that.

Still remains one single District title in Sycamore history.

Watching Fairfield-Walnut Hills online. A few thoughts:

1. Looks like everybody stayed from the Centerville game. What a crowd!

2. Fairfield still has ridiculous talent and are very much a play-to-their opponent’s level type of team.

3. Why Walnut Hills doesn’t get McKinley a touch every time down, I’ll never know.

4. Neither has a chance against Centerville. Nobody does.

Fairfield wins. Tyler McKinley, just wow. Every college program in America is going to want him. Back-to-back possessions facing up at the top-of-the-key. Scored the first in traffic. Drew the defense on the second and dished to a wide open layup…that was missed, and that was the game.

Fairfield wins. Tyler McKinley, just wow. Every college program in America is going to want him. Back-to-back possessions facing up at the top-of-the-key. Scored the first in traffic. Drew the defense on the second and dished to a wide open layup…that was missed, and that was the game.
Je will go to whatever school he wants. 5 star all the way a d will only get better. Just a soph.

I watched the last quarter and felt like Sycamore's behavior when the game got away from them was pretty sad. They acted like cry babies. Overly aggressive intentional foul, stepping directly over a player on the ground and then getting a technical for mouthing off to the ref. And that was just one of the players. Turpin didn't act that way when the game got away from them in the 4th quarter.

Great job Indians, a fantastic night cap. McKinley is as good as advertised. Congratulations to Walnut on a good season. Centerville is the best in the State. Wayne and Fairmont were overlooked to a degree due to Centerville excellence. Turpin had a good year and excited exactly where they should have. I like Fairfield in their match up with Wayne. Sycamore vs Fairmont was good for 3 quarters. The Aviators had a meltdown in the 4th and it wasn't a good look. Could have been a couple more technical fouls. A great day at UC.

The Walnut / Fairfield game was clearly the best game of the 4 played yesterday and one of the better ones I have seen this year. I actually think they are the two best teams in Cincy this year. This game had kids on both sides making big shots and big plays ( Woods & Crim FF) and McKinley and Murray for Walnut down the stretch. I hate it for the Walnut kid who missed the layup that would've probably been the game winner, but that's how games are won and loss. I hope the games on Wednesday are as good as this one was.

Disappointing loss for Sycamore! Really thought they had the best chance to hang with Centerville due to their size and speed. Bolden played hard, but had lack of support. No excuse for the technical! Have to control emotions as a future D1 athlete.

I watched the last quarter and felt like Sycamore's behavior when the game got away from them was pretty sad. They acted like cry babies. Overly aggressive intentional foul, stepping directly over a player on the ground and then getting a technical for mouthing off to the ref. And that was just one of the players. Turpin didn't act that way when the game got away from them in the 4th quarter.
I have stayed away from this topic until someone else brought it up.... I will also say that I did not watch this game at UC. I went for the Centerville game....wow, Centerville is as advertised.

To your point jjnaaa.... about Sycamore's behavior. I was at the tournament game when they faced Middletown in an overtime victory. I felt that the Sycamore players lost their composure in this game as well. The difference was the officiating. A Sycamore player shoved a Middletown player right in front of an official and there was no call. The Middletown player was off the ball running down the court in the Sycamore player's face. Everyone in the place saw it except for the official. Even a Sycamore fan who was sitting next to me said that he got away with it.

A few plays after that, Middletown stripped the ball from a Sycamore player and the Sycamore player grabbed the Middletown player as they were going for a loose ball and, again, no call.

I think Sycamore's behavior at UC is not a limited issue. The official that turned a blind eye to both of the plays that I mentioned above was chatting it up every timeout with the Sycamore coaches, etc.... Glad the officials at UC called what they saw and did not stand for this behavior.

Best of luck to Fairfield tomorrow night! Congratulations to Sycamore and Lakota West on making it to the District Championship game. What a great year for Sycamore. There were some bumps along the way, but the Aviators have put the program on a new path, and in spite of the loss, have much to be proud of. West, to get to that game after the many ups and downs of the season speaks volumes and is also something to be very proud of.

I have stayed away from this topic until someone else brought it up.... I will also say that I did not watch this game at UC. I went for the Centerville game....wow, Centerville is as advertised.

To your point jjnaaa.... about Sycamore's behavior. I was at the tournament game when they faced Middletown in an overtime victory. I felt that the Sycamore players lost their composure in this game as well. The difference was the officiating. A Sycamore player shoved a Middletown player right in front of an official and there was no call. The Middletown player was off the ball running down the court in the Sycamore player's face. Everyone in the place saw it except for the official. Even a Sycamore fan who was sitting next to me said that he got away with it.

A few plays after that, Middletown stripped the ball from a Sycamore player and the Sycamore player grabbed the Middletown player as they were going for a loose ball and, again, no call.

I think Sycamore's behavior at UC is not a limited issue. The official that turned a blind eye to both of the plays that I mentioned above was chatting it up every timeout with the Sycamore coaches, etc.... Glad the officials at UC called what they saw and did not stand for this behavior.
Sycamore's behavior issues all year have been associated with two particular players. One of them will be gone next year.

4 Publics in Regionals, quite rare in SW Ohio. GWOC can claim best league status.
Fairfield 62 Wayne 55 Fairfield explosive offense is enough to get the Regional Finals and represent the GMC.
Centerville 47 Fairmont 38 Fairmont works hard to control the tempo. They are good at it but the third time won't be a charm. Elks are too good. Can't see a Villanova over Georgetown repeat but I'll be there and pulling for the Firebirds.