Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Middletown (9-13)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lakota West (16-9)

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vike16

Can Fairfield repeat as GMC champs, or can Lakota East retake back their crown. Colerain is 2-28 in league play the last 2 years and 3-41 overall

Who will win the GMC this year

Copy and pasting something I posted a few weeks back with a few additions.

Sycamore could be pretty good this year...they have just about everybody back from last year and they will be big. Southerland is a D-1 player. Their starting lineup could go 6'3", 6'3", 6'4", 6'7", 6'9". With a new coach they obviously are learning a new system so the jury is out on how long it'll take for them to gel. But the talent and size is there.

Still, I'd pick Fairfield (especially now that they have Tolbert in the mix) and East (the rumored transfer of the Meadows kid from Colerain is huge) to finish 1-2 in some order. Syc probably in the lead for 3rd. West has Dudukovich back and I think I heard their JV and frosh teams were pretty good last year. Can't ever count Mason out. Princeton has Hardman and I'm sure Wyant has managed to find a few other players to bring in.

Middletown, OH, Colerain definitely bottom 3. Probably in that order. New coaches at Midd and Colerain, but as we all know it ain't the Xs and Os, it's the Jimmys and Joes.

Overall this is definitely an up year for the GMC. Lots of talent.

Tolbert may just get GMC player of the year over at Fairfield if he can play the whole year idk if he is eligible to with transferring there this year. Middletown will be middle of pack this year and trending up years to come. Moss is a Middletown guy and has been getting huge by in from community and players! That’s huge!!!!

I think Bowen Hardman might get player of the year, because he will definitely have the green light on almost every possession. Unless Princeton has someone else who can score every night

Copy and pasting something I posted a few weeks back with a few additions.

Sycamore could be pretty good this year...they have just about everybody back from last year and they will be big. Southerland is a D-1 player. Their starting lineup could go 6'3", 6'3", 6'4", 6'7", 6'9". With a new coach they obviously are learning a new system so the jury is out on how long it'll take for them to gel. But the talent and size is there.

Still, I'd pick Fairfield (especially now that they have Tolbert in the mix) and East (the rumored transfer of the Meadows kid from Colerain is huge) to finish 1-2 in some order. Syc probably in the lead for 3rd. West has Dudukovich back and I think I heard their JV and frosh teams were pretty good last year. Can't ever count Mason out. Princeton has Hardman and I'm sure Wyant has managed to find a few other players to bring in.

Middletown, OH, Colerain definitely bottom 3. Probably in that order. New coaches at Midd and Colerain, but as we all know it ain't the Xs and Os, it's the Jimmys and Joes.

Overall this is definitely an up year for the GMC. Lots of talent.
Sycamore could be very good, if.... the kids and parents "buy in to" Austing. A lot of attitudes and egos over at Sycamore (parents and kids) are out of control.

I'll take East, Fairfield, West in that order.

Hard to bet against FF

Top 2 point scores returning!

Rogers as a Soph avg'd 7 pts I think he has a HUGE season! Kid is BIG

Hard to bet against FF

Top 2 point scores returning!

Rogers as a Soph avg'd 7 pts I think he has a HUGE season! Kid is BIG
i agree, but fairfield has some really weird scores during the season. Barely beat west clermont and oak hills. Crushed other teams. Lost 1st tounry game. Maybe better as they get older.

i agree, but fairfield has some really weird scores during the season. Barely beat west clermont and oak hills. Crushed other teams. Lost 1st tounry game. Maybe better as they get older.

Very true, but last year was weird for everyone. Princeton had to stop playing 3 times. FF earned it and deserved that championship, but it will be a very competitive GMC this year

Tolbert may just get GMC player of the year over at Fairfield if he can play the whole year idk if he is eligible to with transferring there this year. Middletown will be middle of pack this year and trending up years to come. Moss is a Middletown guy and has been getting huge by in from community and players! That’s huge!!!!
A huge by in their football team will never make. I’m a Monroe Alumni but I’d like to see Middletown do good in sports again. They used to be ranked high in football and basketball 3 or 4 decades ago.

A huge by in their football team will never make. I’m a Monroe Alumni but I’d like to see Middletown do good in sports again. They used to be ranked high in football and basketball every year or 4 decades ago.
The only way Middletown gets back to the good days is a change of conference. Middletown can not compete in the GMC any longer. The athletes are just not there anymore. In any sport.

The only way Middletown gets back to the good days is a change of conference. Middletown can not compete in the GMC any longer. The athletes are just not there anymore. In any sport.
I’ve thought about that. Funny how times change. Also their best players can’t stay out of trouble and get kicked off whatever sport they play. Their coaches never hold their kids responsible for whatever they do.

Can Fairfield repeat as GMC champs, or can Lakota East retake back their crown. Colerain is 2-28 in league play the last 2 years and 3-41 overall

Who will win the GMC this year
I believe East has a real chip but it will be interesting to see if they have enough fire power and toughness to overthrow FF.

They have everyone returning but Nate (which is a huge loss) but they picked up the leading scorer from Colerain which will help them mightily. Baring any major injuries I think it's FF and East then everyone else.

Last edited:
I believe East has a real chip but it will be interesting to see if they have enough fire power and toughness to overthrow FF.

They have everyone returning but Nate (which is a huge loss) but they picked up the leading scorer from Colerain which will help them mightily. Baring any major inquiries I think it's FF and East then everyone else.
so will the transfer have to sit out 2nd half of season?

They won the GMC last year and everyone is back and they added a transfer guard from Kemba Prep, really solid team. East is strong so I wouldn't be surprised of they retake the crown.

Can someone provide enrollment numbers of GMC schools or provide a link?
move looked around online and I’m unable to find the info.

#1-Fairfield-we'll start the defending champ with main players back this position for now.
#2-East-Don't know how good the Colerain player is. The rest of their team is veteran and good.
#3-Sycamore-Talented and big. It might take awhile to bring it together. Besides the guys mentioned they have a very good young guard. I see them in the mix until the end.
#4-Mason-Tradition.
#5-Princeton-Has the CPS pipeline started yet?
#6-Hamilton-They have some talent along with the D1 signee.
#7-West-Saw them once last year, unimpressive.
#8-Oak Hills-No idea, lost their supposed game changers early last year.
#9-Middleown-Someone help me, do they have any jimmy's?
#10-Colerain-Hope their Coach received a 4 year deal.
There will be many great games with 1-6 this season.

1. Fairfield: Logan Woods has to be the preseason pick for POY in the conference, and they have good size and guard talent to support him.
2. Lakota East: Will play their customary great defense, but they are going to need Jadon Coles to be a big time scorer as they don't quite have as much offensive talent as usual.
3. Princeton: Time for Bowen Hardman to step up, and they have good guards to go with him.
4. Sycamore: This will be the most talented Sycamore team in quite some time. They're big and talented. However, they went 3-11 last year in the league and were a very soft team. I couldn't be more excited for Coach Austing to take over this group and instill some toughness and maybe make them play some defense, but he's not getting Elder or even Fairfield kids and it will be an uphill battle.
5. Lakota West: Nathan Dudukovich is going to score a lot of points. Not that much to go with him though.
6. Oak Hills: Only return 3 players with any experience, but will play their customary great defense and will be a tough out, especially at Oak Hills.
7. Hamilton: Sage Tolentino will be a much better college player than he is in high school. They could surprise if they can play some defense.
8. Mason: This could be Mason's lowest finish since they joined the league. They will be well-coached, but they don't have a lot of talent.
9. Middletown: Going to be better than Colerain by default. Could they even surprise?
10. Colerain: Winning a GMC game would be an achievement.

Sycamore could be very good, if.... the kids and parents "buy in to" Austing. A lot of attitudes and egos over at Sycamore (parents and kids) are out of control.

I'll take East, Fairfield, West in that order.
Sycamore kids are just soft, or at least that's what the rest of the league thinks. It's a stigma you always have to fight through playing for Sycamore, and it takes buying in and being unselfish. Coach Datillo has been able to get the buy-in in football. Coach Austing was on the first Datillo football coaching staff and he comes from the exact same background (Elder, by way of Fairfield) that is exactly what these Sycamore kids need. These kids better play defense, or they won't play. They better run their sets, or they won't play. There are a few prima donna attitudes on this Sycamore team, but we'll see for how long if they spend quality time on the bench.

I forgot Princeton has Harden. Pretty good returning player.
Princeton #4
Mason #5

Looks like Princeton will be playing a lot of freshman this season. Probably will struggle early, but they will get some really good experience and get better later on this year

Looks like Princeton will be playing a lot of freshman this season. Probably will struggle early, but they will get some really good experience and get better later on this year
Thanks, difficult to win with freshman especially in a big school league.