Glenville

Just giving numbers. Whether Glenville plays in D3 or D4 does not affect the students life obstacles. Glenville is fine program that has extraordinary coach that goes the extra yard to help his kids. They play a tough schedule that includes very good D1 teams. I know the team they fielded last year would have won D3. Possibly D2.Hats off. Rules should be applied evenly to all. That includes all Catholic schools.
The numbers you used arent even close to accurate. You counted every kid that goes to GA and plays football toward the CB number when they dont count if they live in the school district. You are assuming no kids live in the school district but choosing Glenville over the numerous options in surrounding areas?

Respectfully, they lost to two regional champs from D2 last year, they likely wouldn't make state in that division.
Facts. Avon and Hoban were better teams last year. 2022 might be a real argument though. Arvelle Reese was unreal and that oline dominated every game including Avon

Facts. Avon and Hoban were better teams last year. 2022 might be a real argument though. Arvelle Reese was unreal and that oline dominated every game including Avon
Yes. The 2022 Glenville oline opened up a lot of running room that night and Reese was everywhere on D. After that night I was hoping the Buckeyes would lock him up tight. He’s a stud.

The numbers you used arent even close to accurate. You counted every kid that goes to GA and plays football toward the CB number when they dont count if they live in the school district.
But by the count ALL of them live in the district lol.

This and NEO's other greatest hits can be yours for 1 low payment of $19.95 + shipping & handling. Enjoy the sounds of the season for the first time in this hit collection, with other old favorites such as-

We are the (d4) Champions
He Made A Good Point (Better Call him Racist)

and
D2 in a D4 World.

With the special OHSAA bonus track Nothin to see Here, this is a can't miss collection. Get your copy of That's What I Call Glenville, Vol 1. today!

This and NEO's other greatest hits can be yours for 1 low payment of $19.95 + shipping & handling. Enjoy the sounds of the season for the first time in this hit collection, with other old favorites such as-

and
D2 in a D4 World.

With the special OHSAA bonus track Nothin to see Here, this is a can't miss collection. Get your copy of That's What I Call Glenville, Vol 1. today!
.....0/10. At best lmao

Glenville and its affiliation with Ginn Academy is not some malignant conspiracy. The interaction is designed to get boys in a healthy position to be 1st generation college students and break with certain cycles. As per Alter it will win more than it loses. The program does well, kids are challenged both on the field and in the classroom. A handful of parish kids elect a Catholic college prep environment. The public school options they have range from good to excellent. In a really, really good year a couple players get D1 rides. Those that don't go to four year schools, get degrees and do pretty well. Don't think winning an occasional title is the overiding purpose of the school. No axe to grind if Alter gets knocked out by a CAPE or a Glenville. Those kids have different challenges. Minimally. AND Alter should be fairly inured to the stacking trope directed at parochial schools. IMO
I don't think the issue is with Glenville, as what they are doing for the community is terrific. The issue is with the structure that allows them to run roughshod over "typical" Division 4 schools. Personally, I just think competitive balance numbers need to be more punitive across the board. D3 & D4 are simply not very competitive at the state tournament level overall, while D1, D5 and D6 are everything you want it to be.

I find it interesting that, for years, the posts about Glenville have been," With that much talent., they should be winning state championships; classic underachieving group of individually talented players who can't play as a team." Now, after they finally win , they are cheaters, examples what is wrong with the sport, and the harbinger of doom for OHSAA football.

and
D2 in a D4 World.

This is freaking hilarious.

I find it interesting that, for years, the posts about Glenville have been," With that much talent., they should be winning state championships; classic underachieving group of individually talented players who can't play as a team." Now, after they finally win , they are cheaters, examples what is wrong with the sport, and the harbinger of doom for OHSAA football.
Some of these folks are fans of schools in different divisions and cant stop posting about big bad Glenville

and
D2 in a D4 World.

I still cant believe you took time out your day to type this. You really need to touch grass today hahahaha

Who sez it's nonsense? Glenville only graduated 20 boys last year. It's not like they're bulging at the seams. And remember, not every GA kid (who are the overwhelming majority of Glenville's headcount) has his eligibility vested at Glenville, either.
Common sense says a team that recruits a large metro area playing farm teams is nonsense.

I was more so talking about the Cleveland area specifically. Its really not uncommon for kids to go to multiple school around here. Glenville and Heights will have mulitple kids on their teams this year that started off at the opposite school lol
Making a mockery of high school athletics

Most, if not all, of Glenville's football players attend Ginn Academy, which is a CMSD-run all-boys school which doesn't offer any extracurriculars. Any CMSD student attending Ginn Academy that wants to do extracurriculars can only do so for the high school in their neighborhood. Glenville's competitive balance for football is 0 because all of the players on the team live in the Glenville zone
It's a great scam

It is a tad askew. ;)

I don't care either way. They schedule up, so they clearly don't duck. And most their fans want to bump up. I wonder if they have the option to not to file for exceptions and then simply accept the resulting CB penalty? I mean if you don't care, and in fact want to bump to D3, why risk eligibility or penalty for filing an exception that a parent filled out inaccurately etc or could be challenged? Or maybe it's required, I don't know, just an idea. (That goes for TCC, Hoban, Massillon etc too).
They duck in the playoffs, which is kind of the point.

Gin could not win a state title with Troy Smith, Ginn Jr and donte whitner on same team . Enough said as far as his coaching ability goes.
He might be a saint off the field but he's no Belichik on it, that's no secret. If they can't out athlete you they are in trouble.

He wont be remembered for his W/L or his Division 4 titles or these alleged failures in D1 playoffs. And the quicker yall understood that the quicker we could wrap all this up instead of having the same convo over again and again lol
He's a football coach, of course that matters. If winning didn't matter they wouldn't be scouring NEO for the best talent or rigging the system to finally have playoff success.

I get so godd@mn tired of hearing this. Glenville's is not breaking any rules. Their competitive balance is 0 because all their players live in the Glenville zone. The OHSAA has said this many times before. It's as simple as that. If all of St. Ed's football players lived in Lakewood City Schools, then their competitive balance would be 0 as well. I'm not criticizing Ed's at all (or any other school for that matter). I don't care how students matriculate there. I'm just tired of all the godd@mn anti-Glenville crap that comes up on every Glenville thread.

If anyone has evidence of Glenville breaking the rules, then they need to present it to the OHSAA. Otherwise, they need to be quiet.

I'm looking forward to the Ed's-Glenville game this year. Should be a dandy
Man the property values should be exploding in that neighborhood with all the demand.

You have to admit his "schtick" is a damn impressive list of college and nfl stars. Funny how all the Saints want those kids too, and nobody would be criticizing where they live.
Yep, never heard anyone say 7 county all Stars in reference to the Saints...

The last part has always been true...or did you think all that talent organically came out of one neighborhood while the other Cleveland publics were just unlucky to have little talent grow up in their neighborhoods

I heard multiple college coaches say everytime ginn academy plays a senate league game it's just a recruiting trip for Ted. People need to accept it as it is and just beat them in the tournament.