GCL Co-Ed Basketball 22/23

Tigers84

Alter is coming off a reign of terror in the GCL, but without Jacob Connor will this team be able to repeat. They return 3 of their 5 starters, Anthony Ruffolo, Gavin Geisel, and A.J. Leen. They also have some bench depth returning with Gavin Leen being the only one who saw true meaningful minutes. They have a few guys coming up from J.V. and two of those guys will be their starting big men, this could be a huge hole for Alter. C.J. is my pick to win the league this year, George Washington III is going to have all eyes on him as people are expecting the four-star (recently committed to Michigan) to take the Eagles far this year, they also return star player Evan Dickey, I believe Mitch Weckesser, Jimmy Schlaegen, and Makai Grant should step up for C.J. Carroll return is returning Sean McKitrick which is huge for them, but other than that not sure who else they have. Fenwick returns Jude Hooks, hopefully he can recreate some of the magic he had this year with the football team, Ryder Thompson should be the number 2 guy on that team. Badin returns DeCello, Goldberg, and Aiden Van De Hatert, I think this team can be a Dark Horse this year. And last but not least McNick, Tyler Haynes will be their guy for another year with Andrew Elhers by his side, Joey Thomas will be taking a much bigger role this year.

My predictions:

1. C.J.
2. Alter
3. Carroll
4. Fenwick
5. Badin
6. McNick

Fenwick has Bailey Temming as well which is going to make them even better beyond just Hooks.

Carroll has two solid dudes as well in Nick Kaiser (Jr) and Tanner Smart (Sr) but agreed, after them and Sean, don’t know what else they will have.

Alter is coming off a reign of terror in the GCL, but without Jacob Connor will this team be able to repeat. They return 3 of their 5 starters, Anthony Ruffolo, Gavin Geisel, and A.J. Leen. They also have some bench depth returning with Gavin Leen being the only one who saw true meaningful minutes. They have a few guys coming up from J.V. and two of those guys will be their starting big men, this could be a huge hole for Alter. C.J. is my pick to win the league this year, George Washington III is going to have all eyes on him as people are expecting the four-star (recently committed to Michigan) to take the Eagles far this year, they also return star player Evan Dickey, I believe Mitch Weckesser, Jimmy Schlaegen, and Makai Grant should step up for C.J. Carroll return is returning Sean McKitrick which is huge for them, but other than that not sure who else they have. Fenwick returns Jude Hooks, hopefully he can recreate some of the magic he had this year with the football team, Ryder Thompson should be the number 2 guy on that team. Badin returns DeCello, Goldberg, and Aiden Van De Hatert, I think this team can be a Dark Horse this year. And last but not least McNick, Tyler Haynes will be their guy for another year with Andrew Elhers by his side, Joey Thomas will be taking a much bigger role this year.

My predictions:

1. C.J.
2. Alter
3. Carroll
4. Fenwick
5. Badin
6. McNick
@Basketballfan1309 beat me to it, but Temming and Kaiser are nice players that will help their teams

Alter's bigs are definitely a question mark, but if they can just rebound and get it back to their guards they will be ok.

You forgot BB Washington for CJ, he may end up being their most important player. Don't know much about the youngest brother or if he will get some run.

The CJ players mentioned are really good, but they have much more. CJ fielded maybe the best JV team last year in program history.

@Basketballfan1309 beat me to it, but Temming and Kaiser are nice players that will help their teams

Alter's bigs are definitely a question mark, but if they can just rebound and get it back to their guards they will be ok.

You forgot BB Washington for CJ, he may end up being their most important player. Don't know much about the youngest brother or if he will get some run.
Totally forgot about the other Washington brothers, guess George really stole all the spotlight with his flipped commitment to Michigan. I do remember Alter JV got crushed both times by C.J. JV. The Eagles are looking very scary.

Alter scrimmaged Wilmington over the weekend and to no ones surprise took it too them. Ruffolo looked very good, kid can shoot it from anywhere if teams don't do their homework he will make them pay.
Anyone else have scrimmages over the weekend or upcoming?

Alter scrimmaged Wilmington over the weekend and to no ones surprise took it too them. Ruffolo looked very good, kid can shoot it from anywhere if teams don't do their homework he will make them pay.
Anyone else have scrimmages over the weekend or upcoming?
There are zero games on Alter's schedule where the other team will not be well aware of Ruffolo, but he will still make people pay.

If there was a preseason poll here's my guess on how it'd look
1. CJ
2. Alter
3. Fenwick
4. Carroll
5. Mcnick
6. Badin
Thoughts?

CJ went out and dominated Trotwood. They looked good. The transfers will take this team as far as they want to go. With George W3 having 24.
Alter beats a pretty good Olentangy Liberty team. Ruffolo had a game high of 22.
And Badin loses to Hamilton.. anyone at this game? Can anyone tell me what to expect when the rams roll into Alter on Friday.

Badin played a 2/3 zone most of the night against an average Hamilton team. They shot 28% from the field and had 16 turnovers against a passive zone by Hamilton. If Alter is still pressuring like they did last year it’s going to be a long night for the Rams.

CJ was blessed by the deleveverince of 2 high level Division 1 basketball players by Saint Tamika over at UD. They change the game and make it easier for everyone around them. If they don't make it to Columbus I will be surprised. Trotwood is not a good gage right now. Didn't get a coach until a month into school, off season was shakey at best. They will struggle early but get better. Pullen will do that. But for this GCL thread, CJ is a problem. The Washington kid makes everyone better and the kid that is a Jr. might better than him. It's not often that you get a call in the summer "hey coach, your getting 3 studs that just happen to be coaches sons. congratulations"....That CJ coach better eat this up because after this year they may all be gone. Prep schools are the rumor. But the Dayton area should enjoy them while they are here....

GCL- Coed this week
Tuesday:
CJ@ Thurgood Marshall
Friday:
Badin@ Alter
CJ@ Carroll
Saturday:
Carlisle@ Fenwick
Sunday:
Meadowdale@ CJ*
Dunbar@ Alter*
Both these games are at Centerville apart of the Rich Kidd Classic

CJ 73 Thurgood 39. Don’t know much about TW or TM but holy smokes, this team could be special with these guys.

CJ 73 Thurgood 39. Don’t know much about TW or TM but holy smokes, this team could be special with these guys.
TM and TW are not very good. Game was livestreamed on YouTube if you had the chance to catch it. TM was very bad. Hard to tell how good this team is when it is a literal dunk contest.

Badin has now lost by 50 and twice by 40 in their first 24 games under the new staff. 7-17. Hopefully things can only get better

Staff had a first team gcl, two second team gcl and a kid who is now a walk on at Xavier university. Staff managed to win 1 conference game last year. It’s not just the players

Rams are in need of some players, staff has won before.
School is as big as it’s ever been. Should be some players somewhere. And if I’m not mistaken the frosh and JV teams have been consistently good the last few years.

Staff had a first team gcl, two second team gcl and a kid who is now a walk on at Xavier university. Staff managed to win 1 conference game last year. It’s not just the players
Always about the Jimmy and the joes. One returning starter this year? Who’s next in line to coach? Purcell? Uniform guy? Opposite half court guy? They’ve had two hall of famers the past 6 years. Just curious what the Ramily. Purcell has the pedigree. Don’t know much about the other two.

Haha So X’s and O’s don’t matter? 2 returning starters another that was first off the bench. The Brown guy from Ross will be the coach at Badin next year. Kreke is a sub .350 coach in the GCL coed for his career. Hall of Famer or not that’s horrible.