GCL Co-ed 2023-24

Well speaking of the philosophy of the younger generation of Knights the following teams won the GCL. Varsity and Freshmen, both their eighth and seventh grade teams won the GCL tournament over the weekend. Not sure how big of an indicator that is

Well speaking of the philosophy of the younger generation of Knights the following teams won the GCL. Varsity and Freshmen, both their eighth and seventh grade teams won the GCL tournament over the weekend. Not sure how big of an indicator that is
You keep track of freshman records? JV too?

Found that stuff on Alter Hoops Twitter. Also can go on the GCLC JV/Frosh website for records bud
My point is it's a stupid thing to do. Freshman and JV are fluid rosters, with kids moving up and down from game to game. Why are we keeping track of records for what is essentially developmental teams? And crowning league Champs? Come on now. Even if it is unofficial champions.

My point is it's a stupid thing to do. Freshman and JV are fluid rosters, with kids moving up and down from game to game. Why are we keeping track of records for what is essentially developmental teams? And crowning league Champs? Come on now. Even if it is unofficial champions.
GCL has always done that.

Ok, doesnt make it a good thing just because it has always been done.
Winning is a great motivator, including for freshmen and JV players. They get excited about winning the GCL at their level and work harder. As they become varsity players they remember how they did at the younger levels as they set goals for improvement. You obviously have never coached.

Winning is a great motivator, including for freshmen and JV players. They get excited about winning the GCL at their level and work harder. As they become varsity players they remember how they did at the younger levels as they set goals for improvement. You obviously have never coached.
Nope, never coached

I like Greer, but he missed too many games, and Temming carried us. Temming was the most dominant player in the league, but Greer won the league. Could go either way, but I vote Temming.

Ok, doesnt make it a good thing just because it has always been done.
Junior High and Freshmen tournaments are done in almost every league in the area. For that matter, name me a league in the world, other than soccer, that doesn't have an end-of-the-season tournament for their division. It doesn't necessarily indicate future success in the big schools, but it can with many small school leagues and girl's programs where player movement isn't as prevalent. Why even keep score if winning and losing doesn't mean anything outside of the varsity games?

Overrated? hes a better shooter than Temming.
He definitely is, but there is a lot more to the game than shooting. Temming outscored him, but he also is a force defensively, rebounding and blocking shots.
I also think Temming plays harder and as a result is a better leader. Effort is contagious, especially if it’s your best player. Like I said there is a lot to like about Greer. I just think Temming brings a lot more to the table.

The same thing will happen Thursday night. Fenwick vs Bethel-Tate running clock. Badin vs Clinton-Massie running clock! Round 3 Fenwick vs Badin

I would vote for Temming as the POY. He took a team that no one expected to be good and had them very competitive in a great league. His overall game and leading an average team to above average results would get my vote.

Greer is the better player with a higher ceiling. If you vote for him, I am not sure that would be considered wrong. I would just go with Temming based off of all stats and results from this season.

The same thing will happen Thursday night. Fenwick vs Bethel-Tate running clock. Badin vs Clinton-Massie running clock! Round 3 Fenwick vs Badin
Badin is not going to running clock anyone, they should win but not by that much. They play really hard and defend at a high level but struggle to score a lot of the time. With that said Go Rams! Would love to meet up with Fenwick on Saturday but work to be done before that can happen

Badin is not going to running clock anyone, they should win but not by that much. They play really hard and defend at a high level but struggle to score a lot of the time. With that said Go Rams! Would love to meet up with Fenwick on Saturday but work to be done before that can happen
Nah... Badin and Fenwick win easily! They are playing the SBAAC have you tracked the leagues record since tournament time started? WHOA!

Nah... Badin and Fenwick win easily! They are playing the SBAAC have you tracked the leagues record since tournament time started? WHOA!
Not true. At least from Fenwick perspective, there is a lot respect for the SBAAC. Guessing the Badin folks have a lot of respect for the SBAAC as well. Best of luck to all teams! Stay healthy and may the best team win.