GCL Co-ed 2023-24

Knightnight

The season is almost here. With games tipping off in 20 some days. Last year was the year of George Washington and the Eagles. Only losing 1 GCL game to Carroll and beating rival Alter 3 times. Fenwick and Badin look to turn a new corner with new coaches. And McNick well, I don’t know a whole lot about McNick other than they graduated PG.

My prediction:
1. Alter
2. CJ
3. McNick
4. Badin
5. Fenwick
6. Carroll

disrespectful to rank the caroll pats last, as an alter fan. i think they are a middle of the league team, with the perkins twins and nick kaiser. they will beat a trash mcnick team and will roll past a bailey themming fenwick team.

disrespectful to rank the caroll pats last, as an alter fan. i think they are a middle of the league team, with the perkins twins and nick kaiser. they will beat a trash mcnick team and will roll past a bailey themming fenwick team.
Who are the Perkins twins? McNick was young last year and returns basically everyone. Not sure what to expect out of Fenwick, but who does Carroll have that can match up with his size???

Yes because he wasn’t getting playing time at Moeller on varsity.
I’m well aware of the numerous Moe transfers out of their school and why. Your point? He transferred to McNick. That McNick team doesn’t make it that far without him. Not a random transfer either.

And doesn’t change me agreeing with the original poster, McNick coach is a clown. Watch him at youth tournaments when he coaches.

who the hell even are the perkins twins? 2.3 and 1.3 average points last year

no hate to nick kaiser but caroll is going to struggle if nick doesn't look to score on most possesions

I know the Greer kid went to Alter. Does anyone know where the Jerome White kid went? He was at Boro last year.
prep school in vegas, was going to come to alter, but decided to go to vegas. he wouldn't play at alter, he would be 7th or 8th man behind a good starting five and three notable bench players of fenton, frericks and lunne

prep school in vegas, was going to come to alter, but decided to go to vegas. he wouldn't play at alter, he would be 7th or 8th man behind a good starting five and three notable bench players of fenton, frericks and lunne
Is that the same Frericks that was at Springboro? If so, Jerome had a shot at being a 1,000 point scorer at boro and Frericks never played in that same program, but you would have Jerome behind him and an avg soph at Alter? Seems a little off to me!

Is that the same Frericks that was at Springboro? If so, Jerome had a shot at being a 1,000 point scorer at boro and Frericks never played in that same program, but you would have Jerome behind him and an avg soph at Alter? Seems a little off to me!
yes frericks at springboro has transferred back and forth to alter and boro numerous times. i believe him and jerome are on the same level. both are average scorers, alter has a deep bench, there are really no sophmores on the team besides their 6th man fenton, who is a solid small forward.

frericks has definitely improved over the off season and is ready to step up into the big moments that alter comes to this season

frericks has definitely improved over the off season and is ready to step up into the big moments that alter comes to this season
I’d be shocked if he sees the floor. The way he has flip flopped back and forth from alter to boro he has to be in Coulter’s doghouse. Alter has a great starting five. Good 6/7. But after that it’s a big question mark. Will it be Frericks at the 8 or one of the football guys that come out.

I’d be shocked if he sees the floor. The way he has flip flopped back and forth from alter to boro he has to be in Coulter’s doghouse. Alter has a great starting five. Good 6/7. But after that it’s a big question mark. Will it be Frericks at the 8 or one of the football guys that come out.
thats a good point but i still think frericks is good enough to see playing time on the court

Nick Kaiser has to fill Sean McKitrick's shoes and do majority of their scoring this year for Carroll to have a fighting chance in the GCL
those are big shoes to fill especially with hardly any role players to help him out on the offensive end, even with little help i struggle to see carroll being a contender in the GCL this year

With the season starting this weekend here are some games around the coed:
Friday Villa Madonna @McNick
Saturday Miami East vs CJ
Alter vs Hilliard Bradley
Fenwick @Carlisle

yes frericks at springboro has transferred back and forth to alter and boro numerous times. i believe him and jerome are on the same level. both are average scorers, alter has a deep bench, there are really no sophmores on the team besides their 6th man fenton, who is a solid small forward.
I love your support for him, but do you understand how crazy it sounds to say a kid that never played would now be ahead of a kid that scored 400 points in two years in one of the best leagues in SWOH???

He played for a bad Boro team and was behind average sophomores, but in one off-season he is now on the same level as Jerome?? That's silly

Fenwick @Carlisle
I like the Fenwick vs. Carlisle matchup. Bring back the good 'ole MML.

Fenwick @Carlisle
Miami East will be a good early test for CJ, Alter and Hilliard Bradley will be a good matchup, see if alter can hold their own against this psychical Hillard Bradley team

I love your support for him, but do you understand how crazy it sounds to say a kid that never played would now be ahead of a kid that scored 400 points in two years in one of the best leagues in SWOH???

He played for a bad Boro team and was behind average sophomores, but in one off-season he is now on the same level as Jerome?? That's silly
i get how silly that sounds, but i don't think jerome is that great. not saying frericks is a superstar, but they can be very comparable, will yates was the whole boro team last year

i get how silly that sounds, but i don't think jerome is that great. not saying frericks is a superstar, but they can be very comparable, will yates was the whole boro team last year
I agree with you on Yates, I am just hard stop on the two kids being comparable. Their careers scream otherwise, but hopefully both have great seasons!