GBYF season about over

I believe H2 was trying to point out in a suttle manner that there was no way for the two starting tackles to have made weight the year before for SYF, so they must have come from BYF. I simply tried to explain that this was indeed the case, and it was also true for Black's starting QB and others. I have seen the Black team play and feel that they are a good team. I just don't understand why you continue to try to turn it back into a SYF/BYF debate. I have heard that in fact some parents from Green track success of these kids through high school...which is sick and twisted...and fueled by parents like you!

Good luck with your sideline meeting with H2 tonight!

Is it true that Division 6 Mogadore has a team in the championship game in the SYF Playoffs in all three divisions?

Yes, Mogadore has a team playing in all three championships this weekend. The Varsity will be playing Stow, and trying to avenge their only loss of the season. The JV will be playing against Barberton, these 2 teams split a pair of regular season matchups, each winning at home. The A-Team, plays Stow, also trying to avenge for a regular season loss. It has been a pretty good year for the youth of Mogadore so far, hopefully a few more victories this weekend will make it a great year!

I believe H2 was trying to point out in a suttle manner that there was no way for the two starting tackles to have made weight the year before for SYF, so they must have come from BYF. I simply tried to explain that this was indeed the case, and it was also true for Black's starting QB and others. I have seen the Black team play and feel that they are a good team. I just don't understand why you continue to try to turn it back into a SYF/BYF debate. I have heard that in fact some parents from Green track success of these kids through high school...which is sick and twisted...and fueled by parents like you!

Good luck with your sideline meeting with H2 tonight!

I can assure you as much as I talk about this, I am not one of the parents who track the different kids in HS . The only reason it was continued to be brought up by me is because I coached for about 6 tp 7 years in GYF and was very offened when we joined leagues by some Green parents saying how they crushed GYF and how our kids would not stand a chance against theirs. Then when the draft came they kept all the same kids on the teams they were before. That is when I defended GYf and said those kids would shock the other team. They did and until this day none of those early posters were man enough to come back on here to admit they were wrong. I let it all go until someone started this post and brought it up again. As I said I am for all the kids in Green and I am hoping those who are wanting to burn Coach Stacy at the steak after only 2 years will get off his back and let him get his system in place. Green will see great improvements next year and the following years. As I said in another post, this forum is for fun and poking jabs, I would never not want a talented kid from any league, city or State not be successful at Green because he did not come from GYF. It is just like H2 and myself right now. We both disagree on who will win the championship if Green and Hudson play, we are poking fun and jabs at each other. I do know this though who ever wins and looses I think both H2 and myself will be man enough to post back on here and say the other one was right.

I was never for locking up a thread, but this one needs to die. please lock it up and send it into the depths.

reddawn_wolv.jpg

name this one...

Red Dawn!!!

Wolverines!!!!!

Fair enough. We will see what happens...

H2, we are on for next week. Green Black beat Ellet 18-14, not as impressive as I had hoped. Hudson beat Green Orange 38-6, I predicted Hudson to when by more than 30 and they did. The championship is next Sat at noon at Green HS stadium. Let the fun times roll!!!

H2, we are on for next week. Green Black beat Ellet 18-14, not as impressive as I had hoped. Hudson beat Green Orange 38-6, I predicted Hudson to when by more than 30 and they did. The championship is next Sat at noon at Green HS stadium. Let the fun times roll!!!

The stage is set. My prediction....Hudson 36-13

Alwaysright, you continue to ignore that the Black team is not a GYF only player team after all that talk? With this said, and having seen both teams play, I feel Black will beat Hudson 24-22.

Big Country, what happened to Copley in SYF? They have no teams in the finals?

Title, not sure what you are referring to. You came into these post very late. Just to update you in case you were not aware. The whole big debate started at the beginning of the year. GYBF had a draft for Orange and Black. The way it turned out all the Orange players drafted were from BYF and all the Black players were from GYF. Now there was an exception of 3 maybe 4 kids but no more than that. Out of 30 kids or so each team had about 26 from their former league. This is why we have said it was a bougus draft. To eliminate all the GYf and BYF talk that had always been going around me and others felt they should have split those teams right down the middle 50/50 and you would then have had a true draft and mixed teams. Now to your prediction, I think H2 may be right that Hudson wins but I personally think he is way off by saying they will win by 23. I coached many of these kids for years, I know their heart and talent. Head coach MP and his staff are very good. They will have these kids ready. It should be a great game. These kids had the same situation last year in GYF. They lost their first game to Copley by 7. Then Both Copley and Green destroyed the rest of the competition to meet again in the championship. Everyone said Copley would blow Green out. Copley won by 4 and they scored on a 4th down play with 50 seconds to go on a 50 yard pass and our safety had fallen down. No excuse but that was how exciting the game was and hopefully this one is also. Title, are you from Green or Tallmadge?

Neither, but I have close friends from Green with players on both teams. GYF only brought over about 15 players in total. They took players from last years GYF team, then players from one of last years BYF teams, then split players from the second BYF team, while also losing a few players to the middle school. I agree that this was probably the wrong decision in hind-sight, but the talk that Black vs Orange was GYF vs BYF was bogus from the beginning.

The fact that Green was the only A team to split talent and had two in the final four again, with one still playing for the championship is pretty good. I also agree that I don't believe anyone wanted SYF to go away. To be honest, SYF is a perfect fit for the smaller schools (Mogadore, Manchester, etc...), and they should try to combine BYFL and SYF to provide a home for all communities (large and small), as well as kids of all sizes to have a place to play. I doubt this will ever happen as long as a member of the former GYF organization sits a top the SYF.

Neither, but I have close friends from Green with players on both teams. GYF only brought over about 15 players in total. They took players from last years GYF team, then players from one of last years BYF teams, then split players from the second BYF team, while also losing a few players to the middle school. I agree that this was probably the wrong decision in hind-sight, but the talk that Black vs Orange was GYF vs BYF was bogus from the beginning.

The fact that Green was the only A team to split talent and had two in the final four again, with one still playing for the championship is pretty good. I also agree that I don't believe anyone wanted SYF to go away. To be honest, SYF is a perfect fit for the smaller schools (Mogadore, Manchester, etc...), and they should try to combine BYFL and SYF to provide a home for all communities (large and small), as well as kids of all sizes to have a place to play. I doubt this will ever happen as long as a member of the former GYF organization sits a top the SYF.
Title, I dont know who is giving you this info but it is incorrect. I helped coach the GYF jv team last year. There were 32 kids on that team. This is now the Black team at GYBF and of that 32 there are about 25 of the same kids. I know, I helped coach last year and I have watched them this year. Where you get only 15 kids I dont know. I assure you if you look at the Black roster and compare it to last years GYF team you will see about 25 of the same kids and a few new kids to town and about 4 kids from BYF. Trust me, I am positive on this.

There is actually 13 players on black from last years gyf team. Where the rest of them went - I do not know-other than their starting qb went to the middle school.This year's qb looks very good,he was not on the team last year. Do not know if he played last year. Other than one other "A" player all the other starters are gyf.

There are a total of 26 players on the black team-13 GYF and 13 BYF.
You can get on the gbyf website and see for yourself.

Big Country, what happened to Copley in SYF? They have no teams in the finals?

Copley had a JV team reach the Semi's, and also an A-Team reach the semi's. The A-Team was beaten by Stow, while the JV team lost to Mogadore. As far as the Varsity goes, I am not sure who they played, but they did finish the regular season in fourth place. I believe they played Kent in the playoffs, and lost in the first round, although I am not 100% positive.

Alwaysright, once again you have proven your name...to be wrong again. Looks like you owe me 60 bucks. I'll just let it ride and wager on the next stats that you throw out, since I know it's a sure bet!

I do not see from your break down that i was wrong.I wish you would have refrained from putting our kids names on the post, that was not necessary.They are all good kids,and you are right as far as the parents.I am glad that we are all one NOW,and lets get together and win some football games. GO BULLDOGS.

Wow...mine is 5'10 170 pounds at 12. I guess he could catch that moose of yours in 2 more years.
he should easily catch him with that height and its not like your a little guy... he has been steady with his weight for the last 1 1/2 years.. he has tree trunk legs... and a ghetto booty... he looks like J. Bettis in his uniform...

Nothing else needs to be said until after the game. My only point was how can you come to the conclusion that a team who went 7-1 and lost to the team you think will beat them by 3 TD's by only 5 points will now get beat by 3 TD's?

Because my friend, I know football.

33-0nuff said

Oh, how did #7 do?

H2, you were 150% correct. I bow down to the master. This game was close for about 3 mins. Green started with the ball and drove about 30 yards and then punted. They had Hudson 3rd and about 15 on thier own 15 and number 7 broke for about 85 yards and it was all down hill from there. Green looked terrible. Thier offensive line could not block and they kept hitting number 7, I think his name is Palumbo up high and his strength and speed killed them. When they hit him low he went right down but they kept going high and he destroyed them. He is very quick also, great athlete. I think the score may have been worse then what you said. I left in the 4th quarter because I could not take it anymore and it was 34-0 then. Hudson had already put in their 2nd string. You hit this right on the nose and all I can say is You Know Football. I bow at gracefully, until next year when hopefully Green and Tallmadge HS are bothing fighting for the league champioship. If that happens I will be here to go at it with you again. Hopefully I win the 2nd round. Have a great winter and it was fun jabbing with you.

Well I have to give you credit for coming on here and finally admitting what most people knew already. FYI-I was at the game and saw it first hand. I just wanted to see if you saw what I saw. Appearantly, you did.

What side did you sit on? I wish you would have came up to me, we could have talked. I saw a guy who fit your descrbition but was not sure it was you. It was a big guy with a Tallmadge jacket on. You may have been with one of the coaches from the other Green team. That certain coach I cant stand to be around so that is why I did not check if it was you. Curious if it was though. Have a great winter.

What side did you sit on? I wish you would have came up to me, we could have talked. I saw a guy who fit your descrbition but was not sure it was you. It was a big guy with a Tallmadge jacket on. You may have been with one of the coaches from the other Green team. That certain coach I cant stand to be around so that is why I did not check if it was you. Curious if it was though. Have a great winter.

It was me. And that coach you don't like is a very close friend of mine. I was going to give you some parting words on my way out, but I thought I would spare you the embarrassment. I figured the scoreboard and #7 spoke loud enough.

He use to be a very good friend of mine also. We were friends for close to 25 years until I saw how he stabbed people in the back and the true way he treats kids. That is when I could not take it any longer. I wish you would have said something because whether you want to believe it or not I know quite a bit about football also, much more than are none mutual friend and it would have been fun to talk football with you. maybe we can hook up next year at a few games. Take care.

He use to be a very good friend of mine also. We were friends for close to 25 years until I saw how he stabbed people in the back and the true way he treats kids. That is when I could not take it any longer. I wish you would have said something because whether you want to believe it or not I know quite a bit about football also, much more than are none mutual friend and it would have been fun to talk football with you. maybe we can hook up next year at a few games. Take care.

I appreciate the invite, but I don't hook up with people that bad mouth my friends. You have the right to your opinion, but that being said, let's just leave it at this...

You ain't "always right"