Gameday Thread

That ending was about as peak Egg Bowl as it gets.

I feel the worst for the Ole Miss Srs. They stuck around after the Hugh Freeze fiasco, they’re having a losing season, and their chance to end their career on a high note is ruined by pure stupidity and selfishness.

Does Michigan State fire Dantonio if they lose to Maryland?
I’m not big on firing coaches, especially one that has had major success in the past. I think you sit him down and tell him, he either guts his staff, or he has to step down. Ever since their playoff season, MSU hasn’t been mediocre, they’ve been bad.

Last edited:
Saban has never beaten an Auburn team that’s won 9 games or more. Interesting strategy by Auburn there, keeping the offense on the field on fourth down. Caught Bama off guard.

Amazing screwups by Alabama down the stretch. Missed chipshot FG and a dumb 12-man on the field penalty.

This should just about end the talk of Alabama making the playoffs...probably. The super homers might still make some silly arguments.

Utah up big. If everything holds, I would like to see Utah jump Georgia for the 4th spot heading into the league championships. Then if all 4 teams win out, the committee looks smart and nothing changes.

#2 LSU 50
Texas A&M 7

Burrow 350 yards passing. Burrow is the SEC passing yards leader for a season. Beat Tim Couch’s(Kentucky) 1998 record

Burrow will win the Heisman by a lot. Idk who is #2

Yesterday sure was a fun day for football. So many story lines and stupid penalties that impacted the games. Just about burned out the remote channel surfing.

So where do we stand now that the regular season has ended and the Conference Championships are about to get under way. At the risk of making a fool of myself by pontificating BEFORE the league championships here we go:

* Ohio State is the best team in college football followed closely by LSU & Clemson. After that there's a pretty big drop off. The committee has the top 3 teams right.

* Georgia is the best of several teams for holding the #4 spot. They have a better resume then Oklahoma, Baylor & Utah.

* At this point the best playoff scenario would be Ohio State versus Utah (David & Goliath is always an interesting story) and LSU versus Clemson (the 2 best passing QB's in college football). You would also get 2 NEWCOMERS to the playoffs which is a GOOD thing.

* Outside of Ohio State the B1G is very overrated. I may be wrong here but haven't 4 other B1G teams been top 10 only to suffer bad losses almost as soon as they were gifted a Top 10 ranking? I'm thinking Michigan, Penn State, Wisconsin & Minnesota here. IMO Minnesota & Penn State have been particularly fraudulent. That loss by Minnesota yesterday b 3 TD's AT HOME as a #8 ranked team was bad. And frankly anything less then a 40 point win over Rutgers is not good by a supposed top 10 team like Penn State.

* Now before people jump me for looking at style points in wins & losses that's exactly what the committee is doing. I mean they penalized LSU for giving up 400 yards rushing to a team they got up on 28 - 0 early in the 2nd and cruised to a 58 - 37 win. So yes, Penn State deserves to DROP after their win over Rutgers.

* The reason I'm pissed at the B1G and Minnesota in particular is that wouldn't it have been fun & interesting if Minny had taken care of business yesterday and beat Whisky? Then you would have a 6 or 7 ranked Minnesota team taking on Goliath. A Buckeye win ensures they finish with the #1 seed. However, if LSU beats #4 Georgia how do you not jump them over OSU regardless of what the Bucs do to a team they already beat badly?

Amazing screwups by Alabama down the stretch. Missed chipshot FG and a dumb 12-man on the field penalty.

This should just about end the talk of Alabama making the playoffs...probably. The super homers might still make some silly arguments.

Bama is done, dead, finished. Just like after Negan takes his bat to the head of a zombie.

Utah up big. If everything holds, I would like to see Utah jump Georgia for the 4th spot heading into the league championships. Then if all 4 teams win out, the committee looks smart and nothing changes.

Not me. If the committee did this they would look even more political then they do now. IMO it would destroy the credibility of the selection committee.

For better or worse they've had Georgia ranked #4 for a couple of weeks now and nothing that happened yesterday changes that. The Dogs destroyed their in state rival; there was nothing special about the Utah win and Georgia still has a better resume then Utah. For the committee to get a Pac 12 team into the playoffs and I think they want this very badly, they're going to have to hope for 2 things to happen:

1) LSU beats Georgia

2) Utah beats Oregon.

There's no other way IMO. And for the record I thought it was a close thing jumping Ohio State over LSU BEFORE the Michigan game but at least it was defendable and the Bucs rewarded the Committee's trust with their performance. However, jumping Utah over Georgia can't be defended IMO.

Utah with a chance to make a statement tonight. I'm looking forward to this game. I have not seen Utah at all this year.