Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon

Just finished the aerial dragon fight scene in the finale on the digital copy of the season I bought. They definitely did some work in correcting the lighting.

I confess that I watched every episode of GOT.

The first season was the best as it had the best T&A.

The last season and finale were no less intelligent than any of the previous.

I will not watch any more.

It’s very good, just will never reach the peak of GOT. Hopefully, that also means it will avoid the monumental decline.

scorecard definitely needed and finally a character not all stuck up in angst. This show needs more barflys, friend pals and humor. The damn dead rat-catcher's dog has been about the only light point.
I agree. This show is missing the sense of humor and little touches and minor supporting characters that made GOT one of the greatest TV series ever.

Don't get me wrong I like House of Dragons and the effects/sets are quite good but the story is dragging and it lacks the compelling overarching theme of "winter is coming" that propelled GOT. The truth is I'm not all that interested in the squabbles of unlikable characters with annoying hair.

I agree. This show is missing the sense of humor and little touches and minor supporting characters that made GOT one of the greatest TV series ever.

Don't get me wrong I like House of Dragons and the effects/sets are quite good but the story is dragging and it lacks the compelling overarching theme of "winter is coming" that propelled GOT. The truth is I'm not all that interested in the squabbles of unlikable characters with annoying hair.

I also think it suffers, IMO , from having so many characters with similar names.

Rhanerya
Rhaneys
Rhaena

Viserys
Jacaerys

Aegon (multiple)
Aemond

Laena
Laenor

I also think it suffers, IMO , from having so many characters with similar names.

Rhanerya
Rhaneys
Rhaena

Viserys
Jacaerys

Aegon (multiple)
Aemond

Laena
Laenor

And a couple sets of twins and so many baby grandbabies. Isn't there another "Daemon?"

I've not read the books but I'm guessing that naming convention was forced on the show writers right? Had to make writing the show difficult. Probably should have made them wear name-tags at the Laena's funeral.

GUFcs4eWwAA5y5D

The season was sorely paced. Not sure it went anywheres. A plus on the final though. They finally got a bit of what made all the drama in GOT tolerable, a fun character pairing. The pretentious Lanister was the perfect choice.