Friday Games Postponed

Blue Jay Fan

Crestview at Delphos St. John's. Postponed to February 4.

I'm going to guess there will be no games played on Friday. Absolutely no reason for anyone to be out in single digit temps with 40-50 mph winds. Way too dangerous.

Can we see if the weather materializes first?
A fair point, but I'm wondering if perhaps postponing these games now gives players and their families a chance to travel earlier if they had plans to go elsewhere for Christmas. I also wonder if some of the postponements are due to some coaches knowing they'll be shorthanded on Fri. night due to players whose travel plans were putting them out of town before Fri. night.

Even the New Orleans Saints decided to travel a day earlier for their game in Cleveland on Sat.

Incidentally, this isn't like a generation ago where a good player would end up in the coach's doghouse if they missed any team activities due to holiday plans. In the spring sport I played, I remember the coach made it clear that you did not leave town if you were a varsity performer. If you were sub-varsity, you still didn't leave town even though coach had not scheduled any dual meets during the break.

1671750975930.png

Fridays slates of games have been ppd until 12/27

Can we see if the weather materializes first?
No! Nobody wants to put Teenagers are on School bus at 30 below with ice and blowing snow! Think they just “make up” Winter Storm Warning and have Dictator DeWine tell us nasty weather is coming for sh it’s and giggles?

No! Nobody wants to put Teenagers are on School bus at 30 below with ice and blowing snow! Think they just “make up” Winter Storm Warning and have Dictator DeWine tell us nasty weather is coming for sh it’s and giggles?
Weather was awful.

Incidentally, this isn't like a generation ago where a good player would end up in the coach's doghouse if they missed any team activities due to holiday plans. In the spring sport I played, I remember the coach made it clear that you did not leave town if you were a varsity performer. If you were sub-varsity, you still didn't leave town even though coach had not scheduled any dual meets during the brbreak.
I remember when my brother made varsity and the only day they got off the entirely of break was Christmas day. Coach held an evening practice 12/24 and an early practice 12/26. Severe punishment for missing either. I always felt like the AD should have stepped in and reminded him that Christmas is about family.

I remember when my brother made varsity and the only day they got off the entirely of break was Christmas day. Coach held an evening practice 12/24 and an early practice 12/26. Severe punishment for missing either. I always felt like the AD should have stepped in and reminded him that Christmas is about family.

Yeah that’s pretty familiar. Not an evening practice but we practiced the day before and after. It was scheduled for Christmas Day on two of the years I played but canceled it the day before because we had won our previous game. Unfortunately that didn’t give some guys time to travel with such short notice.

We did have practice on Thanksgiving two days early in the morning. That was fun.

Yeah that’s pretty familiar. Not an evening practice but we practiced the day before and after. It was scheduled for Christmas Day on two of the years I played but canceled it the day before because we had won our previous game. Unfortunately that didn’t give some guys time to travel with such short notice.

We did have practice on Thanksgiving two days early in the morning. That was fun.
If you aren't playing in one of the holiday tournaments the I really think you should give the kids 12/24-12/26 off to be with family and just enjoy the holidays.