Friday Finals (10/14/22)

Centerville 7
Fairmont 0
Ok..some opinion on this one. Neither of these teams are state title contenders but both could make a surprise win or 2 in the playoffs. Tonight's game turned on a bad decision by Fairmont coach Dave Miller, who you all know by now I fully support. Early in this game, Fairmo t faced a 4th and 2 or 3 from near their own 30. They lined up in punt formation,waited and then rushed to the line of scrimmage but were called for a delay of game. Late in the third, still tied 0-0 Fairmont faced 4th and 3.5/4 around the Centerville 45. They stood around, called timeout, came back on the field, with their best running back injured and on the sideline, got in punt formation and again rushed to the line late (to absolutely no one's surprise) and ran a play which was easily stopped. Momentum all to the Elk, who used the shortish field to score the game's only points. I am a devotee of always punting in that situation so I admit bias..but I cannot imagine why Coach Miller made that decision,particularly since they had shown it earlier in the game. Again..opinion here..we are all entitled to ours..but I would like to hear his thoughts.

Final from Struthers:
Struthers 42 Girard 28

Final 42-28.png

Western Buckeye League Final Scores

Wapakoneta 28, Celina 22
Van Wert 48, Elida 16
Defiance 22, Ottawa-Glandorf 14
St Marys Memorial 35, Bath 7
Shawnee 35, Kenton 13

Wapak clinches at least a share of the WBL title, can win outright next week.

Ohio Cardinal Conference scores...
West Holmes 60
New Philadelphia 0

Mansfield Sr. 35
Mt. Vernon 0

Ashland 27
Wooster 20

Lexington 28
Mansfield Madison Comprehensive 10

Last edited: