Freshman Games——Week 5

Elder 18
McNick 8

Supposedly Elder played their 1s quite a bit. Elder scored on a pick 6 late. 70+ kids vs. 30 or so. Rockets have shown growth since Week 1. Next week Harrison.

Last edited:
St. Xavier - 14
Moeller - 6

St. Xavier blue team remains undefeated
Very entertaining game. X QB is very good. Moe rotated 3-4 QBs the entire game. Lots of talent on both sides although both teams squandered scoring opportunities. GBM

Hoban has quite a lot of freshmen playing JV and dressing on Friday nights, rather than playing on the freshmen team. Their frosh team is usually way better than the JV, but they had quite a few kids this year that they felt didn't need to play at that level. In recent years, the main purpose of the JV roster has become to run scout team during the week against the varsity.
Well that would be better than having 105 kids. (Most of which don't play)

Hoban having kids who already don't play on the freshmen level is something.

It could also be a numbers thing, too. If there's enough sophomores playing on Friday nights, they're not usually going to then play JV on Sat, so you need bodies. Being a D3 sized enrollment, roster management can be fluid year to year, even week to week.

Why would you have 100+ on a freshmen team? Split them into two teams, so more kids see the field and can develop. Avon and Massillon split their freshmen teams and they are both D2.

Miamisburg 38 Bradford 0. From what I understand, Bradford had about a total of 21 players come out for football, so the A D cancelled the varsity season. I counted 16 players on the Bradford sidelines,I guess these are the kids that want to play,and they will play freshman or J V teams. I think there were 2 girls on the team as well. Anyone familiar with Bradford's situation, please feel free to add your input. This was Da Burg's freshman teams first win.