Food?

Dad tried a new coating yesterday for chicken tenders and said it was solid, shredded wheat. Not the stuff with sugar on it but the plain product; used what was at the bottom of the bag, which there was plenty, so no need to crush anything up too.
how'd he get it to stick? And did he deep fry, pan fry, oven fry? I'll give it a go.

Lol, just realized, chicken breast covered by shredded wheat is going to look like a Nabisko biscuit.

I did some of my BEST cooking today. I stopped at Michael's bar, downtown Toledo and got a large chili-mac to-go. The way I twistied that plastic to go bag as I walked to the car, hmm, "chef's kiss."

how'd he get it to stick? And did he deep fry, pan fry, oven fry? I'll give it a go.

Lol, just realized, chicken breast covered by shredded wheat is going to look like a Nabisko biscuit.

I did some of my BEST cooking today. I stopped at Michael's bar, downtown Toledo and got a large chili-mac to-go. The way I twistied that plastic to go bag as I walked to the car, hmm, "chef's kiss."
This is a good vid on the basics of a cooking a breaded food.

A couple tips.

• You can also marinade before hand but make sure to pat off excess liquid.
  • I like to use an air fryer but you can also use parchment paper on a cookie sheet if frying at home is not your thing.
  • I was instructed to really beat up the eggs and get some air into them to add volume to the coating.
  • The wet and dry hand is a great tip.
  • Experiment with seasonings and the dipping sauces too.

Tried a youtube because the chicken never seemed to be tender when I fried as strips. Actually worked. Velvet something? Egg white, which of course ended up being the whole egg as my attempt to separate was more of a scramble. A starch, which I actually had in the house. Cooking wine, which I didn't so I put in balsamic. Touch of salt. I added some dollar tree italian dressing because, why not? Soaked for 20 minutes. Had some veggies frying, threw in the chicken. Remembered I had some frozen orange juice in the freezer, so a couple spoons of that. Too soon though, it carmalized a bit in the pan making cleanup a bit of a mess.

Tasted ok but the chicken was real tender.

This is a good vid on the basics of a cooking a breaded food.

A couple tips.

• You can also marinade before hand but make sure to pat off excess liquid.
  • I like to use an air fryer but you can also use parchment paper on a cookie sheet if frying at home is not your thing.
  • I was instructed to really beat up the eggs and get some air into them to add volume to the coating.
  • The wet and dry hand is a great tip.
  • Experiment with seasonings and the dipping sauces too.
No air fryer (don't even know wth is it). No cookie sheets. If it can't be done in a fry pan nor a boil pan then it's done at the drive-through. I'll give the rest a try and thrown it into a fry pan, see what happens. Thanks!

No air fryer (don't even know wth is it). No cookie sheets. If it can't be done in a fry pan nor a boil pan then it's done at the drive-through. I'll give the rest a try and thrown it into a fry pan, see what happens. Thanks!
You have to get an air fryer, best kitchen invention since the microwave. Not only do you get fried foods to taste very similar without the oil but its also versatile.

You have to get an air fryer, best kitchen invention since the microwave. Not only do you get fried foods to taste very similar without the oil but its also versatile.

What Cannot be fried in an air fryer?

4 Things You Shouldn't Cook in an Air Fryer
  • Anything Breaded or Battered.
  • Leafy Veggies.
  • Saucy Foods.
  • Cheesy Foods.

That's my three food groups and the waste I throw out for the rabbits. No space on my counter anyhow.

So let's talk breakfast, probably one of my favorite meals of the day. Was traveling on business to the Twin Cities and had a great breakfast sandwich, a couple cool things they did to make it stand out:

• Super soft moist English Muffin, server said they make them in house and change the dough so it doesn't dry out and breakdown when all the ingredients are on them but not so much that they were like cheap white bread. Made a huge difference.
  • Had various cheese choices and put them on both insides of the English Muffin, as they say you can never have too much cheese.
  • Used thick cut peppered bacon and cut them into 4 bun sized strips.
  • Over hard egg with the yolk spread throughout the entire sandwich.
  • Used a special spice blend that kicked the flavor up a bit.
Served with a side of crispy home fries with just the right amount of grilled onions and topped with that same special spice blend; a cup of fresh fruit too. I could eat this anytime of the day.

Weekends about the only time I can even think about cooking a breakfast and I keep it simple so I can get it cooked and in my seat before the football game starts.