Finneytown

lol, alright man, i guess 1976 division one champion of the state of new york isnt very good at tennis. buy hey, new york isnt that big of a state... or, wait a second. she didnt just do the peewee thing either. she was a regular pro, and ran the peewee camp over the summers, because as i said, she started having children, and that does something to your body. makes you not as quick, you lose a lot. as to the emo comment, dont really know what is meant by that. not very emo at all, great judge of character Clown Pounder. to turpin spartin, who feels that i dont know very much about tennis, and i guess to TBaller also, i as said in my private message to you, i know that amelia tennis is not good. i was simply trying to give some of my friends a little confidence booster, and get them excited about playing this year. we do have some decent players, but clearly not state material, and i know that matt allare would destroy most players in the cincinnati area, including anyone who has ever played for amelia.

ToolTime2 said:
lol, alright man, i guess 1976 division one champion of the state of new york isnt very good at tennis. buy hey, new york isnt that big of a state... or, wait a second. she didnt just do the peewee thing either. she was a regular pro, and ran the peewee camp over the summers, because as i said, she started having children, and that does something to your body. makes you not as quick, you lose a lot. as to the emo comment, dont really know what is meant by that. not very emo at all, great judge of character Clown Pounder. to turpin spartin, who feels that i dont know very much about tennis, and i guess to TBaller also, i as said in my private message to you, i know that amelia tennis is not good. i was simply trying to give some of my friends a little confidence booster, and get them excited about playing this year. we do have some decent players, but clearly not state material, and i know that matt allare would destroy most players in the cincinnati area, including anyone who has ever played for amelia.

You're denying you're emo after that post? rofl

http://www.nla.gov.au/pub/nlanews/2000/october00/images/crying-child.jpg

Matt Allare is easily one of the top players in the stae. He's already one two state titles in doubles, and will most likely take the singles crown this year.

ToolTime2 said:

cmon kid, it is time to stop talking. you are praising your mom. think about that for a second. yes your MOM. nobody cares what your mom did in new york. o yea, and for the record, new york sucks at tennis, not as big of an accomplishment as you thought it was. sorry, but leave.

For Spartan, Allare beat Havens two, maybe three consecutive times this summer. As for Sandy, I honestly think its no match up unless one is having an insanely bad or good day.

As for Tooltime, you'd best walk away.

BaronManiac06 said:
A Blasted Smokerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
You're such an ameteur.

All of you guys are out of control. You're probably the same morons that were at the Loveland game jumping around with the tiger. That's what I thought.

F-Town in Tennis? Say What?

It's already been said --- No way Finneytown can compete against the country club schools. To be good at tennis in Ohio you have to play indoors, and only the Richies can do that. There ought to be different divisions in HS tennis in northern states like Ohio --- divisions drawn up by socioeconomics!

redandbabyblue said:
It's already been said --- No way Finneytown can compete against the country club schools. To be good at tennis in Ohio you have to play indoors, and only the Richies can do that. There ought to be different divisions in HS tennis in northern states like Ohio --- divisions drawn up by socioeconomics!
Thats like saying only basketball players who pay a lot of money become good. There are kids who are naturally talented and only get to play weather permitting. Yes tennis can be expensive, but its not exclusive for just places like Indian Hill.

okay, so your saying that when a kid has his own tennis court in his back yard, he won't have a much bigger advantage than a kid without one?

If you want different leagues for public and private schools thats fine. If a player is that good, he will find a way to get indoors even if money is a problem, so using money as an excuse for seperation in tennis is somehwat bogus.

playoffdreams07 said:
okay, so your saying that when a kid has his own tennis court in his back yard, he won't have a much bigger advantage than a kid without one?

Ok, name all of the good kids who have courts in their yards. I can only think of McCarthy.

wow whoever made this thread for finneytown is a joke bc they havent won a match this year maybe not even a court and the amelia thing is just crazy

Tballer said:
Thats like saying only basketball players who pay a lot of money become good. QUOTE]

No. It isn't. Tennis is much different than basketball. Every year thousands of kids from inner-city schools get basketball scholarships from major programs. A high amount of NBA players came up from a little more than nothing. All i'm saying is, When was the last time a guy from hughes or taft got a tennis scholarship? The fact is, with the exception of the williams sisters the majority of professional tennis players came from very weathy families, the roddicks, the james blakes, the McEnroes, etc. Tennis costs money to win, it just does. Not the you don't have to work hard to be good, i mean really good junior tennis prospects work probaly alot harder than other athletes, but without the money and the resources to play year-round yoiu just can't compete.

I read a book for school called this year, which turned out to be about a South African boy who escaped apartheid South Africa through tennis. He got a scholarship to Princeton I think it was? He played a pro-tournament in South Africa, against a previous grand slam winner. You cannot tell me that any black in apartheid South Africa was rich. Luckily that system was abolished.

This conversation is funny. Both Finneytown and Amelia are awful at tennis. Matt Allare would beat kids from those teams left-handed, but he did lose to Sandy Berry this weekend

Tennis Coach said:
This conversation is funny. Both Finneytown and Amelia are awful at tennis. Matt Allare would beat kids from those teams left-handed, but he did lose to Sandy Berry this weekend

anybody in the 2nd and 3rd singles spots for any gmc team could beat the first singles for amelia or finneytown. except hamilton. maybe even doubles players for favc teams would beat the first singles for f-town and amelia

Tballer said:
I read a book for school called this year, which turned out to be about a South African boy who escaped apartheid South Africa through tennis. He got a scholarship to Princeton I think it was? He played a pro-tournament in South Africa, against a previous grand slam winner. You cannot tell me that any black in apartheid South Africa was rich. Luckily that system was abolished.

As unrealistic as that story sounds, it seems like a good story.