Findlay vs Springfield

Not Really sure what game you were watching but I’ll have to disagree. They definitely broke a sweat for sure. I’ve never seen #8 get knocked around as much as he did last night. He almost got knocked out the game at the end of the half. Thank god he didn’t. Let’s not act like it wasn’t a battle cause it Definitely was. Springfield left a lot of points on the field. Which kept Findlay in the game. It was definitely a tough game for the Cats but they Pulled it out.
Don’t waste your time ORB does not get it. Been saying the same thing the offense does not score against good defenses. The fairmont game would have been 10-0 if not for busted coverage and a long pass before halftime. That was the best GWOC defense they faced. Defenses only get better the further you advance. The SHS defense is legit the offense worries me if they want to being a championship home.

Don’t waste your time ORB does not get it. Been saying the same thing the offense does not score against good defenses. The fairmont game would have been 10-0 if not for busted coverage and a long pass before halftime. That was the best GWOC defense they faced. Defenses only get better the further you advance. The SHS defense is legit the offense worries me if they want to being a championship home.
News flash. We're in the 2d season. I'm going by the recent stats and by where we are today, not by where we were several months ago. SHS has gotten better and better, especially since the Miamisburg game. Just like how Lakota West improved over the course of the season and they got revenge and beat the same team that throttled them in week 1. It doesn't make any sense to go by where a team was several months ago. Last year, in September SHS gave up 38 points and 5 TDs to Northmont. But, the defense really came on strong for the playoffs. They shutout Liberty in the regional finals and held eventual state champion St X to 12 points and just 1 TD. if you try to assess things by the Northmont game several months before, your perspective will be skewed because they're a different, more experienced team since then. During this year's Fairmont game, a number of key SHS players were on the DL for weeks since week 1. Since those players returned after the Fairmont Game, SHS has been much better and the team has really gelled, particularly the passing game. You're the one who doesn't get it.

Last edited:
News flash. We're in the 2d season. I'm going by the recent stats and by where we are today, not by where we were several months ago. SHS has gotten better and better, especially since the Miamisburg game. Just like how Lakota West improved over the course of the season and they got revenge and beat the same team that throttled them in week 1. It doesn't make any sense to go by where a team was several months ago. Last year, in September SHS gave up 38 points and 5 TDs to Northmont. But, the defense really came on strong for the playoffs. They shutout Liberty in the regional finals and held eventual state champion St X to 12 points and just 1 TD. if you try to assess things by the Northmont game several months before, your perspective will be skewed because they're a different, more experienced team since then. During this year's Fairmont game, a number of key SHS players were on the DL for weeks since week 1. Since those players returned after the Fairmont Game, SHS has been much better and the team has really gelled, particularly the passing game. You're the one who doesn't get it.
Didn’t sound like you were going by the second season when you quoted facts about the 2 td comeback. Also when you mentioned the cville win and them being ranked 9th. earlier in the thread. I get it rose colored glasses and all. I just think the offense needs to step it up when they face some tougher defenses. You leave points on the field you are going to lose.

Didn’t sound like you were going by the second season when you quoted facts about the 2 td comeback. Also when you mentioned the cville win and them being ranked 9th. earlier in the thread. I get it rose colored glasses and all. I just think the offense needs to step it up when they face some tougher defenses. You leave points on the field you are going to lose.
That was a different conversation. It was alleged that SHS was incapable of ever coming back from a 2 score deficit and that is factually not true. They also came back from a 7-0 deficit to Centerville by scoring 44 unanswered points. That occurred when the injured players returned and SHS was at full strength. So, they are capable of being down and coming back like every other team still alive in the playoffs. And SHS left points on the field with Findlay and they won. I think what you're not considering is how driven SHS is right now. They are on a mission. They have as good a shot as anyone right now to win it all. At this point, I think the difference will be who wants it more and who gets that little bit of luck to survive and advance.

Last edited:
That was a different conversation. It was alleged that SHS was incapable of ever coming back from a 2 score deficit and that is factually not true. They also came back from a 7-0 deficit to Centerville by scoring 44 unanswered points. That occurred when the injured players returned and SHS was at full strength. So, they are capable of being down and coming back like every other team still alive in the playoffs. And SHS left points on the field with Findlay and they won. I think what you're not considering is how driven SHS is right now. They are on a mission. They have as good a shot as anyone right now to win it all. At this point, I think the difference will be who wants it more and who gets that little bit of luck to survive and advance.
Gonna be a good game well worth watching I think marysville wins this one their hungry as well!?

Gonna be a good game well worth watching I think marysville wins this one their hungry as well!?
Marysville has been very impressive and is certainly capable. They are very deserving of their #2 ranking and, arguably, should be #1. Not that Medina isn't worthy of being rated #1 but, being from the Cleveland-Akron metro area, Medina had more media supporters for state poll votes. I'll be very disappointed if SHS loses to Marysville. But if that happens, it wouldn't surprise me if Marysville wins State. And I will be rooting for them to do so if they beat SHS. I think we have a very interesting final 8 and every game from now on will be competive and could go either way. Luck is gonna play a big part in the outcomes of these games.

Last edited: