Field Falcons Football

Reggie_Dunlop

I was recently transferred to the area and have been looking at homes in Brimfield, Kent, Tallmadge, Mogadore and Uniontown. I am familiar with most of the schools football programs, but would like some input on Field. I like the home I found in the school district the best, but I have called the school and haven't had any input from thier staff. Anyone?

I was recently transferred to the area and have been looking at homes in Brimfield, Kent, Tallmadge, Mogadore and Uniontown. I am familiar with most of the schools football programs, but would like some input on Field. I like the home I found in the school district the best, but I have called the school and haven't had any input from thier staff. Anyone?
2023 Field Football (4-7)
Coach: Matt Furino

This was their schedule last year....Matt Furino is a great guy as a coach....went to school there...resigned so he could coach at Lake because his kids go to Lake...they had a problem with his replacement so they asked him to take it over again...he is a teacher there. They are a smaller school that really does not have a great tradition...middle of the road to a losing season has been their past....Lake is the school they are close to that has a more consistent program

Last edited:
School is old - You're staring down the barrel of needing a new high school sooner than later....sports are not great in this district. You're going to be better off looking for something in Tallmadge.

Or, Uniontown gives you some options......could be Green or Lake schools. Just be careful, want to avoid Springfield LSD just up the road.

I went to a Field game once in college to see my dorm friend Ted Papas coach. That would have been in the fall of 1988 I guess. Ted must’ve been an assistant. I can’t remember. Good times at the Field game though.

Field is a growing community. Not sure why they can't break through with a winner. Their girls sports seem to do well but the boys sports always lag behind.

Field is a growing community. Not sure why they can't break through with a winner. Their girls sports seem to do well but the boys sports always lag behind.
They lose players to Mogadore, Field has a horrible administration running the district. As stated before they will have a levy in the near future for a new high school. Not sure what's growing their other than the shopping plaza on the Tallmadge border.

They lose players to Mogadore, Field has a horrible administration running the district. As stated before they will have a levy in the near future for a new high school. Not sure what's growing their other than the shopping plaza on the Tallmadge border.
Brimfield has added about 1000 people between the 2010 and 2020 census. (10,376/11,325)

Most of the growth is probably coming from all the building to the North of I-76 to Howe Road. Also, they have some big houses being built on large lots that are over an acre. Still less expensive than some of the neighboring communities.

Also, Field schools are formed from two townships, Brimfield and Suffield. Both are still mostly farmland but Brimfield is definitely where the growth is at.

I would say Tallmadge, Mogadore, and Lake are the top three in your list as far as overall. If HS football is a deciding factor then I would say Mogadore.

Lake's a good district, but there are a lot of issues there right now. They said that they were going to go to $950 Spring Sports Pay to play, because the school had to have the money to operate. Then they got rid of the $950. So the money situation must be better then they thought. They say they are going to cut programs if the levy in March Fails, but who knows.

Lake's a good district, but there are a lot of issues there right now. They said that they were going to go to $950 Spring Sports Pay to play, because the school had to have the money to operate. Then they got rid of the $950. So the money situation must be better then they thought. They say they are going to cut programs if the levy in March Fails, but who knows.
That is not the case with the spring sports....they are still bleeding money...but the spring sports were told that it would be this cost for the whole year...levy didn't pass..and now money became a bigger issue...the spring sports pushed the issue it was to remain the same as it was for the fall and winter sports and that is why it was changed back

That is not the case with the spring sports....they are still bleeding money...but the spring sports were told that it would be this cost for the whole year...levy didn't pass..and now money became a bigger issue...the spring sports pushed the issue it was to remain the same as it was for the fall and winter sports and that is why it was changed back
That doesn't make sense. They why say you're going to charge 950? Did the board really think it through when they said they were going to charge $950???

That doesn't make sense. They why say you're going to charge 950? Did the board really think it through when they said they were going to charge $950???
At the beginning of the year it was stated that there would be a fee of $250...and would remain that way for all sports...the fall and winter sports paid the $250...the levy came and failed...so they implemented the change to $950....the spring sports cried foul...it was supposed to stay $250 if the levy passed or failed...the Board then lowered the spring sports to the $250...if the levy fails in March...next year the $950 will be implemented

At the beginning of the year it was stated that there would be a fee of $250...and would remain that way for all sports...the fall and winter sports paid the $250...the levy came and failed...so they implemented the change to $950....the spring sports cried foul...it was supposed to stay $250 if the levy passed or failed...the Board then lowered the spring sports to the $250...if the levy fails in March...next year the $950 will be implemented
Almost a thousand dollars for kids to play a sport? They are out of their damn minds.

If this is truly the case I can see why people of Lake don't trust the board to manage their money. Empty threats. Not a smart move at all

Field, Ravenna, Springfield and Crestwood belong back in the PTC, teams can compete plus people will come to the games.

Field has great community support and they love their Falcon sports, even if most are average in their best years. Softball/Baseball/Cross Country are the 3 pillars of the athletic department. The new turf and LED lights that are to be added this summer will be a major upgrade and could keep some kids from open enrolling to Mogadore and Kent. The HS is old but in good shape. Should have a new building within 5-7 years. As far as where to live, Green would be top choice. Very nice city with amenities and tons of different nice allotments and two new school buildings are in construction right now to go along with an already great HS building. Green has turned into a very good Federal League football program as well. City of Green has multiple parks that are really nice as well.

Field has great community support and they love their Falcon sports, even if most are average in their best years. Softball/Baseball/Cross Country are the 3 pillars of the athletic department. The new turf and LED lights that are to be added this summer will be a major upgrade and could keep some kids from open enrolling to Mogadore and Kent. The HS is old but in good shape. Should have a new building within 5-7 years. As far as where to live, Green would be top choice. Very nice city with amenities and tons of different nice allotments and two new school buildings are in construction right now to go along with an already great HS building. Green has turned into a very good Federal League football program as well. City of Green has multiple parks that are really nice as well.
But still not their own post office!! lol