Federal League 2023-2024

Louisville fan here, first off I want to start by saying hats off to Glen Oak and Coach Hairiston. They are a phenomenal basketball team and deserved to win the game, I felt like in general they were better prepared and wanted it more. A lot of my fellow Leopards are blaming the officials which I think is wrong, they were calling the game both ways and I've been watching playoff basketball for a long time, sure more fouls should have been called but they weren't, adjust to the way the game is being called and move on. This falls on Louisvilles coaches inability to adjust during the game. Our teams the last two seasons have been too good to preform as poorly as they have when it matters most. Talent wise you can't tell me this team can't hang with the top tier teams in the state, we have a McKinley graduate in town (no names, please) who said in his opinion he thought this was the most talented starting five he's seen in Stark County since the 05-06 McKinley teams. No disrespect to the Jackson state title teams but I agree. Coach S has really done a fantastic job of building this program up and done great with youth development but in game he does way too much behaving like a fan instead of a coach. He should have been coaching up his players to increase their physicality and want too especially when it came to rebounding the basketball.

I am not looking forward to next year, if the rumors are true I want this team to opt into playing Division 1, but everyone here seems so sold on taking the "easy" road and going into Division 3 where we likely will have an easy path to the State Championship. I get it, I do, but with the core group we have returning I just don't know what kind of message you send by not taking a path you could succeed in in exchange for what I believe and others who have more knowledge then me say will likely be a cake walk. Ultimately, I am proud of the young men on this team for being what I consider to be the best team in program history and next year they should be even better, but it's just very sad they don't even have a district title to show for it when I believe they could have competed in Dayton.
You're not looking forward to next year, even though you might have your best team in program history, because you would rather Louisville lose in Districts in D1 then go to state in D3? Seriously?

You're not looking forward to next year, even though you might have your best team in program history, because you would rather Louisville lose in Districts in D1 then go to state in D3? Seriously?
I don't think they would lose in D1 districts next year, I mean yes it is certainly possible, but just like this year they would be the top team in the county and one of the best in Ohio. I want them to compete against the best because I feel like they are good enough to compete and win. My point is I don't understand the glee from this community to go compete against an easier post season schedule. Call me crazy I just want to compete against the best especially when I feel like my team can and will compete against the best of the best. The rumor is Moeller has already agreed to a regular season match up next year.

Louisville fan here, first off I want to start by saying hats off to Glen Oak and Coach Hairiston. They are a phenomenal basketball team and deserved to win the game, I felt like in general they were better prepared and wanted it more. A lot of my fellow Leopards are blaming the officials which I think is wrong, they were calling the game both ways and I've been watching playoff basketball for a long time, sure more fouls should have been called but they weren't, adjust to the way the game is being called and move on. This falls on Louisvilles coaches inability to adjust during the game. Our teams the last two seasons have been too good to preform as poorly as they have when it matters most. Talent wise you can't tell me this team can't hang with the top tier teams in the state, we have a McKinley graduate in town (no names, please) who said in his opinion he thought this was the most talented starting five he's seen in Stark County since the 05-06 McKinley teams. No disrespect to the Jackson state title teams but I agree. Coach S has really done a fantastic job of building this program up and done great with youth development but in game he does way too much behaving like a fan instead of a coach. He should have been coaching up his players to increase their physicality and want too especially when it came to rebounding the basketball.

I am not looking forward to next year, if the rumors are true I want this team to opt into playing Division 1, but everyone here seems so sold on taking the "easy" road and going into Division 3 where we likely will have an easy path to the State Championship. I get it, I do, but with the core group we have returning I just don't know what kind of message you send by not taking a path you could succeed in in exchange for what I believe and others who have more knowledge then me say will likely be a cake walk. Ultimately, I am proud of the young men on this team for being what I consider to be the best team in program history and next year they should be even better, but it's just very sad they don't even have a district title to show for it when I believe they could have competed in Dayton.
The 16-17 Polar Bears would have run easily defeated any team this year, don't think there's a single team in the area that that team wouldn't beat by 20+. Other than that well said.

There’s no such thing as an easy path to a state title, even in D3.

This is an utterly idiotic and ridiculous statement. This is an average glenoak team. This Jackson team that won state titles were loaded with d1 talent. I saw no player that stuck out for Louisville. No D 1 talent. If Louisville was in the fed this year there record would be drastically different. You’re not going to green McKinley glenoak etc on the road and winning consistently. Also any glenoak team from 2007-11 glenoak would roll this Louisville team.

Opting to playing D1 next year wouldn’t be a wise move it take a special group of talents and D1 talent to make a run. 2007 glenoak koufus McDonald all American. 2009 Glenoak Cj Gatorade player of the year Ohio and with pros we couldn’t get it done. 2010 Jackson Edgar D1 player henninger D1. 2017 Jackson Kyle young D1 Logan hill d1 player. It take an extremely special group of talent to win it all in D1 and that Louisville team is nothing special.

Also on note of officiating it is comical that you could blame the refs. 24 traveled 3 times in the first half no calls. They hit our second best player with 2 tik tak fouls in the first quarter and we sat him half. 3rd quarter half way through 5 fouls on glenoak zero on Louisville. When our players were getting waxed under the hoop when we’ were up by 6 that game gets ugly if the officials call that fair. What game were you watching bro?

Last edited:
Not a single player on that Louisville team that could hold the jock of any of those players I named.
I think that's going a little too far. You're entitled to your opinion but in fairness we beat Hoban 79- 51, we beat Lutheran East (Who no one said we could hang with) 77-65, and went 3-1 against federal league teams (playoff loss to Glen Oak). We are playing Moeller next year and played St. Iggy and St. Ed at their gyms this year, yes we lost both games but were competitive. In my opinion our two district playoff games were the worse we played all season. You are entitled to your opinion but this junior class is very talented and they will show it next season. Nigro, Gross, and Siegfried are very good players and I think most folks would agree with that.

Also on note of officiating it is comical that you could blame the refs. 24 traveled 3 times in the first half no calls. They hit our second best player with 2 tik tak fouls in the first quarter couldn’t. And sat till half. 3rd quarter half way through 5 fouls on glenoak zero on Louisville. When our players were getting waxed under the hoop when we’ were up by 6 that game gets ugly if the officials call that fair. What game were you watching bro?
Go back and read what I posted. Not at all what I said, "bro". I literally said the opposite of that, you're one of those people who sit on a computer and angrily type a response without using critical thinking at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that's going a little too far. You're entitled to your opinion but in fairness we beat Hoban 79- 51, we beat Lutheran East (Who no one said we could hang with) 77-65, and went 3-1 against federal league teams (playoff loss to Glen Oak). We are playing Moeller next year and played St. Iggy and St. Ed at their gyms this year, yes we lost both games but were competitive. In my opinion our two district playoff games were the worse we played all season. You are entitled to your opinion but this junior class is very talented and they will show it next season.
Hoban is not the team as last year they lost 7 games this year. You beat McKinley at home. You’re not beating them at the field house. You didn’t play green or Jackson your league champs. Lake and Hoover on down years is respectable. 😂😂 but who on this Louisville team could stop any of that D1 talent. Also do any of these Louisville player have D1 offers rn?

Last edited:
Just and average year in the fed. And a lot of young teams you came into a fed forum talking. There is a reason you're not in the Fed anymore. You can’t compete year in and year out. It take your best team ever to compete. In a down year we have 2 teams in the regional. Stay in your lane.

Your best player is a Jackson kid too like come on buddy.
I am done engaging with you, I joined this site today to have thoughtful discussion and debate. I reported you to the moderators of this website because you are the epitome of classless. Hopefully they agree and remove you. Have a good day, sir.

I am done engaging with you, I joined this site today to have thoughtful discussion and debate. I reported you to the moderators of this website because you are the epitome of classless and a pure jackass. Hopefully they agree and remove you. Have a good day, sir.
I don’t think it’s thoughful conversation when you disregarded multiple state title teams and very talented teams with special players. Saying this is the best team since 05-06 McKinley is laughable. When you actually think about those other teams. McKinley won a state title and rolled off 41 straight wins. This Louisville isn’t close to those accomplishments.

I am done engaging with you, I joined this site today to have thoughtful discussion and debate. I reported you to the moderators of this website because you are the epitome of classless. Hopefully they agree and remove you. Have a good day, sir.
Welcome to yappi day one on the forum. And you’re reporting me. I haven’t done anything but completely disprove your statements with facts. I have seen a lot worse on this app brother 😂😂

Buddy you’re the only one cussing In here and using the r word…I get it people from Louisville don’t have a filter.

Parting gift and final thoughts. Your statement Louisville is the best team in the county. They aren’t one of the 2 still playing 💁🏽‍♂️. The fact you have to attack my character show you can’t argue any of the statements I made were wrong. Have a good day.

Gentlemen, gentlemen, gentlemen. I've done some editing. Let's take a step back.

I think we can all agree, Louisville has a very good program, and the Federal League is one of the toughest in the state.

Buddy you’re the only one cussing In here and using the r word…I get it people from Louisville don’t have a filter.
My original post was thoughtful and my opinion, there was nothing in it that justified the posters lack of etiquette and decorum that the poster expressed in their responses. My response was an attack on a single individual not any group as you are trying to spin it into and create some kind of false narrative. Why are you jumping in the mix to engage in stereotyping an entire community? All of Stark Counties communities are great, I never put anyone down and don't have any intention of doing so, we should just have a more civil community here for discussion and hopefully the leadership of this website agree.

My original post was thoughtful and my opinion, there was nothing in it that justified the posters lack of etiquette and decorum that the poster expressed in their responses. My response was an attack on a single individual not any group as you are trying to spin it into and create some kind of false narrative. Why are you jumping in the mix to engage in stereotyping an entire community? All of Stark Counties communities are great, I never put anyone down and don't have any intention of doing so, we should just have a more civil community here for discussion and hopefully the leadership of this website agree.
Yes, we strive for posters being civil. While us mods can't read every post, we try to closely follow the threads that start to take a downward turn.

Please keep us aware of any issues through reported posts or a PM.

This has been a great thread, so far. Everyone, let's revert to that.

I was there. It was SRO. And the refs certainly allowed both teams alot of leniency.., Alliance should have reserved some seating for the GlenOak students who were relegated to standing in balcony, although don't think they minded!
They did have signs with Louisville opposite the benches and GlenOak on the other side. The GlenOak students were supposed to be downstairs right across from the Lousiville students. Louisville removed the signs and sat in those two sections. Louisville coach then spent 30 minutes prior to tipoff arguing with police, GlenOak and game administration. Then got upset when they let the students stand behind the basket.

Gentlemen, gentlemen, gentlemen. I've done some editing. Let's take a step back.

I think we can all agree, Louisville has a very good program, and the Federal League is one of the toughest in the state.
Now that’s a fair statement. But I’d change toughest to Best. 😂

There's always a thread about Louisville usually in both football and basketball. Probably best you go to that one and post your garbage? Especially since Louisville has nothing to do with the Fed.

FEDERAL LEAGUE AWARD TEAMS

Coach of the Year:
Tim Debevec, Jackson

Player of the Year:
Brady Rollyson, Green

1st Team All-Federal League:
- Brady Rollyson, Green
- Ja'Corey Lipkins, GlenOak
- Reed Sims Jr., McKinley
- Kyle Monterrubio, Jackson
- Chance Casenhiser, Lake
- Jarrett Taylor, Green

2nd Team All-Federal League:
- Cameron Weekley, Jackson
- Antonio Martin, Green
- Mitch Finefrock, Jackson
- Reese Zerger, GlenOak
- Je'Cis Moody
- Zac Braucher, Hoover

HM All-Federal League:
- Jaylen McElroy, GlenOak
- Luke Wolf, Perry
- Anthony Fuline, Jackson
- Hunter Hershberger, Hoover
- Anthony Chavers, McKinley
- Bryce Broom, GlenOak

This is the Official list voted on by coaches, a few thoughts below:
- I certainly believe that Chance might be the best player in the Fed, but I certainly don't believe he deserves it for playing as little as he did this year. I'd have given it to Cameron Weekley (Jackson) or Reese Zerger (GlenOak).
- I'm certainly a little biased but I believe Anthony Fuline (Jackson) deserved to be 2nd Team All-Federal League, as he was responsible for running Jackson's offense and played a thankless role that unfortunately doesn't get to pad stats on a loaded offense. I also wish I saw Cole Baker (Jackson) on here, he was an elite defender considering he was always defending someone a few inches taller than him.
- Green only has 3 players on here, I feel like they could easily have 4-5.

jpbear, the FL awards usually go by how teams finish. Meaning a last place team could have two of the best 6 in the league but they probably aren't gonna get those on 1st and 2nd team. I fully agree with Fuline and the NEO inland awards showed that. I too am biased but I think the COY should have went to Kinsley. There aren't many coaches in the rugged and talented league that could have lost two starters down the stretch and still shared the league title. Take Fuline and Baker off Jackson and you'd understand what I mean. On another note: jharen83, thanks for stopping by.

jpbear, the FL awards usually go by how teams finish. Meaning a last place team could have two of the best 6 in the league but they probably aren't gonna get those on 1st and 2nd team. I fully agree with Fuline and the NEO inland awards showed that. I too am biased but I think the COY should have went to Kinsley. There aren't many coaches in the rugged and talented league that could have lost two starters down the stretch and still shared the league title. Take Fuline and Baker off Jackson and you'd understand what I mean. On another note: jharen83, thanks for stopping by.
The only person I think deserved to be on the 1st or 2nd even HM team that wasn't was Cole, Perry/Lake didn't deserve anyone besides Chance (on 1st team specifically, 2nd team maybe), I'm aware on how the awards usually work though. I would still have to disagree with Kinsley being COY just because Jackson is significantly younger and the fact they needed to play perfectly to get back in the Fed race and did so.

Louisville does not have a "good program" but do have a good team right now.

The only person I think deserved to be on the 1st or 2nd even HM team that wasn't was Cole, Perry/Lake didn't deserve anyone besides Chance (on 1st team specifically, 2nd team maybe), I'm aware on how the awards usually work though. I would still have to disagree with Kinsley being COY just because Jackson is significantly younger and the fact they needed to play perfectly to get back in the Fed race and did so.
Agree, but there was some talent in the FL this year, we'll have to agree to disagree on COY.

Louisville does not have a "good program" but do have a good team right now.
Hey Pro...What constitutes a good program? Success? Strong youth numbers? Community by-in? Team bounding? Because that is what is going on in Louisville. Do you have first hand knowledge of the past 10ish years? Any other qualifications you want, Retired Pro?